An Option We Should Consider ...

Dunnie

Bring Brady here on a one year 30mill contract. Let Sam sit.behind him and continue to mature and learn about leadership and preparation.

We of course.would still need to significantly upgrade our OL for him to even consider it.

Brady would love to play NE twice a year... And I for one would love to see him prove that it was him and not BB that was responsible for all that success.

giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7febcb54e5597f2363bcbd1cc32077edf57a2ebca%26rid=giphy.gif&key=75640ebd092af53c3a942ad631020d1a3556d9a3e99687a41be3fd5a1d0a233agiphy.gif?cid=349c9dd73d55e580680067e875f3bc540d474760933cc503%26rid=giphy.gif&key=0d519745472ef0e578f3164d6191b292be731e028053f5ad8a8117906a249478

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Thumb Down 35
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 2

If this is a ploy to either improve your seat location or get the Jets to drop PSL's, this is genius.

Hahahahahahahaha.... I am actually being quite serious. But I do understand and agree with the absolute opposite point of view as well.

• Sympathy 1

I posted this is as a JOKE but you are for real [mention=28731]Dunnie[/mention]

Aside from the the pandemic naysaying ... And name calling ... Why is this a bad idea??? It keeps Sam healthy while the new OL gels ... And he gets to pick.the brain of arguably the best QB of all time. 

Really its just Patriot hate and jealousy that dismiases this idea outright.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Aside from the the pandemic naysaying ... And name calling ... Why is this a bad idea??? It keeps Sam healthy while the new OL gels ... And he gets to pick.the brain of arguably the best QB of all time. 

Well for starters I think we are on the last year of Sam Darnold's rookie contract. So how will we know if he is worth paying or not if he is sitting on the bench holding a clipboard. Have you watched Brady his last few games. 

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Aside from the the pandemic naysaying ... And name calling ... Why is this a bad idea??? It keeps Sam Healthy while the new OL gels ... And he gets to pick.the brain of arguably the best QB of all time.

An option for us but one that Cindy would NEVER agree to. IF he leaves Beliprick's side I feel it would only be to a contender that needs an upgrade at QB or a warmer climate team like the Chargers.

• Sympathy 1

Well for starters I think we are on the last year of Sam Darnold's rookie contract. So how will we know if he is worth paying or not if he is sitting on the bench holding a clipboard. Have you watched Brady his last few games. 
This is true ... But to me it's looks like Darnold needs to learn A LOT of things Brady excels at in terms of preparation and attention to detail in his mechanics.

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Dude, fck Brady, the Patriots, and any piece of shyt cheater associated with them. He's the enemy and always will be in my eyes. I hate this prima donna bastard.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

15 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It would be so Jetsy to bring in a washed up Tom Brady and pay him a kings ransom. For that reason I expect the press conference with Joe Douglas and Brady on the first day of free agency.

No way! Absolutely not! If Brady doesn't play for the Pats this year I fully expect him to be in Vegas or London. Followed by a collusion case. If Brady ever were to put a Jets uniform on I would never watch them again. I'm sure a huge percentage of jets fans would feel the same. Franchise suicide.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I get where you are coming from, but if you are going to pay Brady $30MM, that eats up half our cap space, probably more when you consider what we will need to re-sign some of our wn FAs and draft class.  So then, how are you going to add pieces to the OL and WR corps that Darnold will need beyond 2020.  Unless we completely nail the draft, we are likely to be in the same position we are in now in 2021 tyring to fill holes in the OL and WR and CB and Edge.  

I would rather use the $30M to add pieces that will make this team better for the next 5 years, and not roll the dice on a guy whose best years are behind him. 

• Upvote 1