Dunnie

An Option We Should Consider ...

Can't think of anything they could do to harm Sam's development more.

• Upvote 4

I doubt it very much he would even consider the job. 

uh it was sarcasm

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Bring Brady here on a one year 30mill contract. Let Sam sit.behind him and continue to mature and learn about leadership and preparation.

We of course.would still need to significantly upgrade our OL for him to even consider it.

Brady would love to play NE twice a year... And I for one would love to see him prove that it was him and not BB that was responsible for all that successs..

does he win a prize for calling a poor;ly construed fantasy an option?

Brady couldn't handle NY ... nobody here would kiss his rings or his butt like he's used to getting in NE. He'd be ripped a new one in exhibition season, and his ginormous ego wouldn't be able to handle it.

• Upvote 1

Brady couldn't handle NY ... nobody here would kiss his rings or his butt like he's used to getting in NE. He'd be ripped a new one in exhibition season, and his ginormous ego wouldn't be able to handle it.

I dont know ... If I was offered a years mentorship from the best person that ever did what I do... I'd jump on that that s*** everyday of the week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Bring Brady here on a one year 30mill contract. Let Sam sit.behind him and continue to mature and learn about leadership and preparation.

We of course.would still need to significantly upgrade our OL for him to even consider it.

Brady would love to play NE twice a year... And I for one would love to see him prove that it was him and not BB that was responsible for all that success.

giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7febcb54e5597f2363bcbd1cc32077edf57a2ebca%26rid=giphy.gif&key=75640ebd092af53c3a942ad631020d1a3556d9a3e99687a41be3fd5a1d0a233agiphy.gif?cid=349c9dd73d55e580680067e875f3bc540d474760933cc503%26rid=giphy.gif&key=0d519745472ef0e578f3164d6191b292be731e028053f5ad8a8117906a249478

tenor.gif

Hypothetical: If Darnold wasn't here and Brady did hit free agency would the Jets have made him Tom the highest paid QB of in the NFL?

Aside from the the pandemic naysaying ... And name calling ... Why is this a bad idea??? It keeps Sam healthy while the new OL gels ... And he gets to pick.the brain of arguably the best QB of all time.  

Really its just Patriot hate and jealousy that dismiases this idea outright.

Here are just some of the reasons this is not a good idea and will not even be considered.

1. Brady is just about done
2. Brady hates the Jets
3. Brady is in for a rude awakening when he leaves the BB umbrella and the same offense he’s played in his entire career.
4. No Offensive line here
5. It’s safe to Assume He’s looking to be the highest paid QB in the league now that the discount days are over.
6. Jets fans hate Brady.
7. Brady is not going to listen to Gase and Dowell f*ckin Loggains
8. My media is not going to be as nice to him
When he has a bad game, which he will.
9. No one else cheats like they do in NE.
10. I hate Tom Brady.
11. He’s old and tired
12. Brady is done
13. Jets fans hate him
14. Were rebuilding... again
15. We have a young QB who needs to be on the field.

There are more but that’s a good start.

Oh.. did I mention that Jets fans hate him and he hates us?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Aside from the the pandemic naysaying ... And name calling ... Why is this a bad idea??? It keeps Sam healthy while the new OL gels ... And he gets to pick.the brain of arguably the best QB of all time. 

Really its just Patriot hate and jealousy that dismiases this idea outright.

Actually its this thing called the salary cap that dismisses the idea outright.

People are operating like we're sitting on gobs of cap space this offseason.  We're not.  Our budget for the backup QB position needs to be, at the absolute most, $4-5M.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Brady was one of the worst QBs in the league the last half of the year.  He's shot and whatever team he goes to will suck.

Especially now that he doesn't have the safety net of institutional cheating and an OL that never gets called for holding to help prop him up.  

This is not going to end well for Brady.  Couldn't happen to a better guy.  

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Can't think of anything they could do to harm Sam's development more.

"So Sam, on this play we'll already know what the defense is running...."

"No, Tom, we don't get that information here."

"Really?  Weird.  We'll ask around about how we can get you that.  Next, three of your OL are going to grab the jerseys of the D-Linemen, and...."

"Tom.  TOM.  That's called a holding penalty."

"Ohhhh THAT'S what  they call it.  Hmm........Well, I've got nothing.  Want to talk about TB12?"

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

My eyes feel raped having read this.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Brady would love to play NE twice a year... And I for one would love to see him prove that it was him and not BB that was responsible for all that success.

giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7febcb54e5597f2363bcbd1cc32077edf57a2ebca%26rid=giphy.gif&key=75640ebd092af53c3a942ad631020d1a3556d9a3e99687a41be3fd5a1d0a233agiphy.gif?cid=349c9dd73d55e580680067e875f3bc540d474760933cc503%26rid=giphy.gif&key=0d519745472ef0e578f3164d6191b292be731e028053f5ad8a8117906a249478

Something else to consider: Never posting while on drugs again

One of the dumbest threads ever 
I beg to differ

• Haha 1

I beg to differ

Well I’ll give you 30 million reasons why it’s definitely not a good thread!

Did you watch Brady play last year? He is a washed up has been.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Brady ...4057 yds , 24 Tds, 8ints

Darnold ... 3024 yds, 18tds, 13ints

But don't let stats persuade you. I'm sure it was all due to the mono

Worthy conversation but I would take a hard pass on this idea... 

1 - it would probably cost more than $30m without the under the table money from Krafty

2 - I would be very vexed If I had to choose between watching Brady in a Jets uniform or never watching the Jets win another Superbowl 

• Like 1

Brady ...4057 yds , 24 Tds, 8ints

Darnold ... 3024 yds, 18tds, 13ints

But don't let stats persuade you. I'm sure it was all due to the mono

Darnold did that with the worst offensive line in the league. If we are talking stats though Brady's qbr has dropped nearly 10 points every year in the passed four years while darnolds went up from his rookie season?

Darnold did that with the worst offensive line in the league. If we are talking stats though Brady's qbr has dropped nearly 10 points every year in the passed four years while darnolds went up from his rookie season?

While I agree with your OL comment ... If you play that game you will need to list the stellar play by the WRs/TEs NE fielded this year ... Gordon bombed out Edleman was hurt... Gronk retired etc etc

... Hey at least Darnold had a 13-15 million dollar option to throw too

200.gif&key=3d2b05a73317c570b2181e5bb0202dbfa308f2efc956e70ce0c0b17784ba2f22
Double duty .. really

23 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Hahahahahahahaha.... I am actually being quite serious. But I do understand and agree with the absolute opposite point of view as well.

The scariest part isn't that you wrote this leading candidate for worst post of the year, decade is that you were serious and not trolling 

Fans hated the idea of Jason Taylor, never accept a part time DL from a hated rival.  

\Hated Revis's 24 in a Pats uniform and think this would go over well?  Even in his prime this would make me puke in my mouth.  

Why would a aged, almost finished QB pushed ahead of Sam make any sense in a football sense?  Other than create  "the Johnsons are just trying to sell PSLs" talk.  

Why would Brady want to go with a team that's not set to win and why would the Jets not nearly close to winning now want a two year QB, at best?

• Like 1