joewilly12

AFC/NFC Championship Games Thread

Boomer wearing a headband today like hes about to go to a jazzercise class. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Was that a brand new Baker commercial? 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It’s like watching Gase

🤔

Curious. Why compare KCs defensive shortcomings on those drives to Gase when virtually everyone here says Gase has nothing to do with our D.

I wonder if KC donates to domestic abuse victims everytime Hill scores a TD?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Beerfish said:

KC's defense is just being idiotic.

Clearly missing Darron Lee... 

• Upvote 1

Pretty late holding flag. 

Man, Chiefs are the new Pats.

Consistently get "that" flag, that extends their drives when they are puttering out, three times already this game.  

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Tyreek Hill speed and great hands. 

A lot of abused children in the world too. Those same hands are baby beaters. 

• Upvote 1

"Sound decibel meters" are the dumbest graphics used on football broadcasts.

Change my mind. 

Birds of Prey looks ******* terrible. 

Change my mind. 

Just now, CTM said:

And the chiefs defense has played as dumb as possible 

To be fair so has the Titans. 

You know Mahomes is throwing this entire drive, yet you let them walk 80 yards down the field in a minute. 

Pathetic. 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Chiefs / Mahommes are that good though 

There was zero excuse allowing that wide open pass to Kelce on 3rd down. 

I knew that was coming as soon as he set in motion, and I'm sitting on my couch with no pants on. 

Less that Chiefs were great, more just a few dumb ass Dbs not paying attention. 

3 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Every time mahomes wins mvp or super bowl we will remember and it will happen a lot the next decade 

You do realize Mahomes, in no way, would be the player you are currently watching if we drafted him correct ? 

He would have had, 

- More Mac draft picks around him. 

- Todd Bowles coaching him, not a future HOFer. 

- The same offensive line we currently have. 

- No Kelce, Hill, Hardman

He would be exactly 17% of the QB you are watching. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

17 %. Really. lol.

You “Mahomes truthers” really are insane.

17% correct. I did all the appropriate maths to draw this conclusion. 

He is a great player, but drafted into our organization at THAT time. I would love to see an actual argument made that he would be as good as you are currently watching on tv. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Such smart maths you really are the genius.

Never said he’d be as good. But he’d be at least 75 %. Not 17 %. That’s insane.

I am a regular Albert Hawkings. 

You may need to go back and look at out 2017 roster and staff and reevaluate.

17% is being generous. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You’re absolutely right. Mahomes is propped up almost entirely by his circumstances. Andy Reid surely agrees. He thought so little of Mahomes that he dumped Alex Smith after a career year, then traded up for Mahomes. He knows he’s just a “system QB” who can only win surrounded by elite talent.

You’re so smart. Why didn’t I see all this before?

Typical extreme pendulum swing, are you a politician or something? 

I didnt say he was propped up entirely by his circumstances, I even said he was great. 

With that being said, you act like Mahomes walked on to a winless team and made them what they are. The 2017 Chiefs were a VASTLY superior roster than the 2017 Jets. Not even remotely close. 

2016/17 Chiefs went 12-4 had 7 Pro Bowlers (5 on offense), HOF coach, made playoffs then drafted Mahomes.

2017/18 Chiefs went 10-6, had 4 Pro Bowlers (3 on offense), HOF coach, made the playoffs, with Mahomes on bench.

2018/19 Chiefs went 12-4 had 5 more Pro Bowlers OTHER than Mahomes (4 on offense), HOF coach.

Now our team..... oh wait.

2016/17 Jets went 5-11 had 1 Pro Bowler (1 on defense) 

2017/18 Jets went 5-11 had 0 Pro Bowlers

2018/19 Jets went 4-12 had 3 Pro Bowlers (3 on Def/ST) 

Mahomes was drafted into an absolute dream scenario for a QB. The situations were VASTLY different and so too, the outcomes would have been. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tony The Wiz said:

Tony Romo bores me.

Tony Romo is the best thing that's happened to the broadcast booth in the last 20 years. 

You're high. 

• Upvote 3

I notice a curious absence of people bashing Gase due to the amazing awakening of Ryan Tannehill on this thread. 

Hmm, wonder why that is. Something must have changed the narrative in the late few hours. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Am I the only one who wants Mike Tyson to uppercut this dickhead?

Screenshot_20200119-174153.thumb.png.a879f586aa1a667108982255e8cdcb89.png

No sir you are not the only one. 

The girl too, Tyson is good for that. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fine by me.  But meanwhile the torch has been handed to Mahomes, and its fun watching the Jamal Adams/Darnold fanboys scramble to discredit him.  

50+ TD's last year.  A Super Bowl berth this year.  What more does the kid need to prove to these guys?

But nobody's trying to discredit Mahomes. Personally I'm not even comparing him to Darnold. Mahomes is superior, cant argue that. 

Simply stating that if he were to come to the Jets at the time, he wouldnt be the player he is. You just continue to ignore the circumstances of each team, which absolutely matter.

• Upvote 1

Ok whoever was mentioning the refs, is on to something. 

That ref was ready to throw that flag no matter what happened there. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He has so few less than stellar plays, that's the problem for that side of the argument, lol.

It's like these guys aren't watching the same game.  On the key 1st half drive that cut the lead to 17-14, for instance, Mahomes made pinpoint throws to Kelce and then on the TD to Hill.  I mean they were perfect.  Yet the anti-Mahomes crowd would have us believe his receivers have been wide open at all times.  And failing that, they'd have us believe that he's a pure product of his receivers.

It's humorous and kind of sad.  Like they need Sam and Jamal to win this debate or else their world crumbles.  

I love how many arguments you attempt to conflate to prove your point. 

Not once did anyone mention Darnold being better than Mahomes in this thread that I can see.

Not once did people continuously make the argument that his receivers are who makes him. 

But I do see you ignoring the fact that he has a plethora of Pro Bowlers around him, a hall of fame coach, and came into a winning situation. So it's not remotely a stretch to think that he wouldnt be nearly as good if he went to a team that was vastly inferior to the situation he walked into. Talent gets buried ALL the time behind crappy teams. 

You seem to be the person that brought Darnold and Adams into the argument to begin with, then conversely turn around and bitch about it. 

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's discrediting Mahomes whether you admit it or not.  Saying he would only be "17 %" of the QB here means that 83 % of his success is due to external factors.  

He's a special QB who would win anywhere.  It's OK to acknowledge this.  Especially now that the kid is headed to the SB.  Just appreciate the young greatness we're witnessing.

You cant be seriously taking my 17% remark to heart. It was a joke and an arbitrary number thrown out tongue in cheek. 

Special, yes never argued that once, win anywhere, no. The NFL isnt set up like that. 

You can turn a blind eye to 15 Pro Bowlers and a Hall of Fame Coach that he came to play with all you want. 

His exact quote just now post game 

....  "I'm so lucky I have ALL THESE WEAPONS" 

straight from his own mouth. 

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

no. there are a handful of posters who CONSTANTLY make remarks about HIGH LEVEL QBS teamates in an effort to massage their own egoic attachments to Sam Darnold's and his status of currently being a bottom 5 QB in the NFL. and prop up their belief that Sam is actually on the same level as they.

its tiresome. 

Ok I get that. 

But from what I saw in this thread, that wasnt the case. 

I never even mentioned Darnold in any of my comments. Just simply stated the situations of each teams Pro Bowlers and coaching situations over the 3 years surrounding Mahomes coming into the league, and how that compares to what Mahomes would have faced on our team. 

Not sure how that pertains to Darnold nor Adams one iota. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

I didnt say he was propped up entirely by his circumstances, I even said he was great. 

With that being said, you act like Mahomes walked on to a winless team and made them what they are. The 2017 Chiefs were a VASTLY superior roster than the 2017 Jets. Not even remotely close. 

2016/17 Chiefs went 12-4 had 7 Pro Bowlers (5 on offense), HOF coach, made playoffs then drafted Mahomes.

2017/18 Chiefs went 10-6, had 4 Pro Bowlers (3 on offense), HOF coach, made the playoffs, with Mahomes on bench.

2018/19 Chiefs went 12-4 had 5 more Pro Bowlers OTHER than Mahomes (4 on offense), HOF coach.

Now our team..... oh wait.

2016/17 Jets went 5-11 had 1 Pro Bowler (1 on defense) 

2017/18 Jets went 5-11 had 0 Pro Bowlers

2018/19 Jets went 4-12 had 3 Pro Bowlers (3 on Def/ST) 

Mahomes was drafted into an absolute dream scenario for a QB. The situations were VASTLY different and so too, the outcomes would have been. 

Just so it doesn't get buried. 

Show me where Darnold or Adams comes into my argument. 

What I can easily point out though, is I made a argument, provided plenty of data, and others chose to ignore that simple information, instead conflating it with some arbitrary argument about Darnold that I never mentioned, and then turn around and complain that people are trying massage their egos over Darnold. 

That's something straight out of cheesy political debate. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hunts son wife is hot. 

I'd hit it

Just now, fusionCA said:

She has about 5000cc botox in her forehead 

I'd still hit it 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:
Image result for packers 49ers pics

#NFLStateFarmGate2020

• Haha 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

joke? where's the funny bit? they just chat schitt. and when you point out how ridiculous what they've said is, they turn around and say "it was a joke" plain n simple.

I truly feel sorry for someone who reads what I typed, including the replies, and concludes that I "wasnt joking" 

Truly sad times on the internet when I refer to myself as Albert Hawkings while doing "the maths" and get taken seriously. 

Very sad times. 

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

You are making very reasonable points.  I've made similar statements and it just doesn't go anywhere.  It's not an unreasonable notion that he's not a MVP and Superbowl QB if he went to a dumpster fire of a situation.  That's very reasonable.  That's not saying he wouldn't be a good player(and you aren't implying that) but some people think a great QB can just erase most issues.  Maybe they can.  I don't believe that, but I could be wrong. They can hide some issues no doubt 

I lived in Indy for 75% of Peytons run... he won 1 Superbowl with them.

He hid some issues with the Colts but the lack of talent around him was extremely noticeable and large parts of the reason he didnt win more SBs.

Ok ladies and gents. Who ya got? 

I got Packers. 

I have no doubt Roger Goodell and the NFL marketing teams are all jerking off right now to the thought of KC/Greenbay in the Superbowl. 

It does seem kinda cool the first two SB teams could face off for the 100 year season. 

Rob Lowe in the crowd wearing a generic NFL hat. Wtf ? Lol

It's almost like he is waiting to see who wins, then jump on the bandwagon. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Packers making every mistake possible. It's like watching a Jets game. At least the Jets can stop the run.

Trade Q Williams to the Packers for their 1st. 

Make it happen JD. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Salah looks like Vin Diesel

Vin Diesel looks like Pitbull

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company