joewilly12

AFC/NFC Championship Games Thread

Im not sure how to feel about Gase after that drive

His fault for sure
  • Upvote 1

I really hope the Chiefs win today.  Don't want to have to sort through all of the Tannehill/Gase threads we are likely to have on this board over the next two weeks if the Titans should win.
Although then we will have two weeks of Adams/Mahomes threads.  Not sure which is worse.

Adams/Mahomes threads are more fun for me. I vote for those.
  • Upvote 3

KC totally getting out coached so far.

It’s like watching Gase

Just like last week!

They do have the advantage of giving us a chance to add Macc to the equation.  Which is always fun.

Yep and there’s no winner in a a Tannehill/Gase debate. It’s pretty pointless.

Want no part of Conklin after a dumb penalty like that. Jets should not sign this bum 

There’s always a reason a talented young player doesn’t get a 2nd contract. Always keep that in mind.

You do realize Mahomes, in no way, would be the player you are currently watching if we drafted him correct ? 
He would have had, 
- More Mac draft picks around him. 
- Todd Bowles coaching him, not a future HOFer. 
- The same offensive line we currently have. 
- No Kelce, Hill, Hardman
He would be exactly 17% of the QB you are watching. 

17 %. Really. lol.

You “Mahomes truthers” really are insane.
  • Confused 1

17% correct. I did all the appropriate maths to draw this conclusion. 

He is a great player, but drafted into our organization at THAT time. I would love to see an actual argument made that he would be as good as you are currently watching on tv. 

Such smart maths you really are the genius.

Never said he’d be as good. But he’d be at least 75 %. Not 17 %. That’s insane.

I am a regular Albert Hawkings. 
You may need to go back and look at out 2017 roster and staff and reevaluate.
17% is being generous. 

You’re absolutely right. Mahomes is propped up almost entirely by his circumstances. Andy Reid surely agrees. He thought so little of Mahomes that he dumped Alex Smith after a career year, then traded up for Mahomes. He knows he’s just a “system QB” who can only win surrounded by elite talent.

You’re so smart. Why didn’t I see all this before?

Agree to disagree 

You sound like a flat earther here. Agreeing to disagree technically ends the debate but doesn’t win many points when you’re so far on the wrong side of the argument.

Mahomes is an elite QB who would be elite anywhere. He’s at his best in KC but would still be a top 5 qb anywhere.
  • Thumb Down 1

Lesson reinforced for those of you who thought the Titans would win this one: pure Ground n Pound only takes you so far. Apparently the AFC Title game is the cap on that ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Confused 1

Hnery hasnt had holes of late..   but he can still busta long one, potentially...

indeed, Tanman will have to make some plays. 

Yep. Can’t just run your way to a shootout win. Especially not in comeback fashion.

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think the actual lesson is Ryan Tannehill was never really having a career resurgence and could never be counted on to make meaningful plays even if few and far between.  

And Derrick Henry couldn't carry them to a win without Tannehill making plays.  Some thought he could.  

• Upvote 1

Isn't it sort of ironic you were scoffing at people making snap judgements about certain plays as it relates to overall performance of players and you make a post about how good Mahomes is immediately after  he threw a TD to someone without anyone within 10 yards of him?

Big picture approach:  Mahomes is elite no matter how you slice it.

Small picture approach:  Nitpick every little play that doesn't demonstrate Mahomes' awesomeness while ignoring the big picture.  

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Titans knocked off the two most hateable franchises/fanbases in the NFL en route. So far as I'm concerned they should be handed the Lombardi after today.

Fine by me.  But meanwhile the torch has been handed to Mahomes, and its fun watching the Jamal Adams/Darnold fanboys scramble to discredit him.  

50+ TD's last year.  A Super Bowl berth this year.  What more does the kid need to prove to these guys?

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

Am I wrong? No one is saying the guy isn’t the best QB in the league, but the dick sucking over average plays needs to stop. 

Actually there have been several people saying that in this thread.

One in particular said Mahomes would only be 17 % as good in a Jets uniform.

17 %.  

Meaning they don't think he'd be the best QB in the league here or close to it.  

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

He wouldn’t, that’s a fact. He’d be throwing to Ryan Griffin and Demarius Thomas instead of Kelce and Hill. 

"Fact"

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Doesn't it happen both ways?  My point is for every person nitpicking his less than stellar plays there is someone exaggerating an average play he makes to accentuate how great he is.

He has so few less than stellar plays, that's the problem for that side of the argument, lol.

It's like these guys aren't watching the same game.  On the key 1st half drive that cut the lead to 17-14, for instance, Mahomes made pinpoint throws to Kelce and then on the TD to Hill.  I mean they were perfect.  Yet the anti-Mahomes crowd would have us believe his receivers have been wide open at all times.  And failing that, they'd have us believe that he's a pure product of his receivers.

It's humorous and kind of sad.  Like they need Sam and Jamal to win this debate or else their world crumbles.  

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

But nobody's trying to discredit Mahomes. Personally I'm not even comparing him to Darnold. Mahomes is superior, cant argue that. 

Simply stating that if he were to come to the Jets at the time, he wouldnt be the player he is. You just continue to ignore the circumstances of each team, which absolutely matter.

That's discrediting Mahomes whether you admit it or not.  Saying he would only be "17 %" of the QB here means that 83 % of his success is due to external factors.  

He's a special QB who would win anywhere.  It's OK to acknowledge this.  Especially now that the kid is headed to the SB.  Just appreciate the young greatness we're witnessing.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Yea? Show me one example where Sam has Had a receiver as open as Watkins was on that play 

Oh FFS.

Show me a season where Darnold threw 50+ friggin TD's, 15 more than anyone else in the league.  Were the receivers wide open on all 50 of those TD throws?

7 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Now the Gase/Tanny meaningless fake story line can finally die. Thank god

Yep.  2 more weeks of that garbage would have caused me to consider deleting my account.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You cant be seriously taking my 17% remark to heart. It was a joke and an arbitrary number thrown out tongue in cheek. 

Special, yes never argued that once, win anywhere, no. The NFL isnt set up like that. 

You can turn a blind eye to 15 Pro Bowlers and a Hall of Fame Coach that he came to play with all you want. 

His exact quote just now post game 

....  "I'm so lucky I have ALL THESE WEAPONS" 

straight from his own mouth. 

OK you got me.  I thought you were being serious.  Level 10 troll job.  

Just now, BUM-KNEE said:

Im so sick of the Mahomes love

Why?  Does every great player have to be hated on for his success?

Lost in all the Mahomes debate is Andy Reid has lead 2 seperate teams out of Superbowl droughts of 24 years and 50 years.

He's pretty good too.

I'm happy for him.  This "Playoff Andy" stuff needed to die off.  It's not "Playoff Andy".  It's "I don't give much of a sh*t about the defense" Andy.  He's consistently been the best offensive mind of this era.  And considering the direction the game has gone, he's been ahead of the curve for a while.  I think he's about to finally get his first ring.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Because I saw alot of non holding calls tonight.

Sure the kid is good, but what we are seeing is the next Brady worship for however many years in my opinion.

Mahomes worship >>>>>> Brady worship.

He's not in our division.  He's not part of a cheating culture (as far as we know, at least).  And he seems like a likable guy.  

Ball-washing a guy for having serious GOAT potential is really not that big of a deal.  He's earned every bit of praise he's gotten to this point.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, CTM said:

The offense came out a bit flat 2 weeks running and the defense made some dome druce e tending penalties 

And then what happened?

People were writing off Andy as a "choker".  They came back to win twice.  I don't think there's all that much to it.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

It is through out this whole thread.

It gets a bit tiresome to add to it though, doesn't it?  

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

He has a phenom QB and great skill position players who can win in spite of him?

Lot's of teams had the chance to draft Mahomes.  Andy was the only one among them willing to trade up and take the kid.  He saw something special in him before anyone else.  And in the process he dumped Alex Smith after a career year.

He had a ton of say in the personnel that got them to this point.  I don't think that can be discarded.

Meanwhile, Andy's offenses have succeeded at every stop in his career and regardless of QB.  He just happens to have assembled damn near the perfect offense this time around.

• Upvote 1

@JiF remember when you were ripping on Football Outsiders for grading Raheem Mostert so high?  bahahahaha 

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Didnt even realize Mercedes Lewis was alive. 

Someone has to be the breadwinner of the family.  Certainly can't depend on his brothers Jeep, Kia, Chevy or Chrysler.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Cool story bro is that what happened to you as a child. 

My computer is in my family room where a big-screen TV is with the game on. 

Haven't they asked you questions about all the shirtless men you google search on gamedays?  

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

*Marcedes 

Same diff though lol.

Hmm.  That explains their sister, Lecksis.

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I have Raheem Mostert on my fantasy team keeper league. 

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Pics or it didnt happen lol. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I have him. 

Shirtless

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company