joewilly12

AFC/NFC Championship Games Thread

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The Chiefs interior OL is holding like CRAZY and haven't gotten flagged once I don't think.

This is yet another reason you do not draft DTs, very tough to call holds in there and the nfl ignores it.  Holds on the outside are much more obvious and cannot be ignored.

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You sound like a flat earther here. Agreeing to disagree technically ends the debate but doesn’t win many points when you’re so far on the wrong side of the argument.

Mahomes is an elite QB who would be elite anywhere. He’s at his best in KC but would still be a top 5 qb anywhere.

classic 723, with neg reps.  smh

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

Darnold insecurity. Bizzare.

Mahommes is the most talented QB i've seen, Rodgers second. Marino maybe third.

hey 723, more neg reps? 

13 minutes ago, CTM said:

Darnold insecurity. Bizzare.

Mahommes is the most talented QB i've seen, Rodgers second. Marino maybe third.

every goddam game with the same argument ovber and over and over and over and over...   what a drag

not YOU CTM. am tawkin bout 723

Let’s see if Tannehill can lead the comeback now that Henry has been shut down 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tony The Wiz said:

Tony Romo bores me.

Tony Romo is the best thing that's happened to the broadcast booth in the last 20 years. 

You're high. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, The Crimson King said:

That's the ballgame

Good fans in KC, they deserve to finally see another SB

Totally Agree. 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is yet another reason you do not draft DTs, very tough to call holds in there and the nfl ignores it.  Holds on the outside are much more obvious and cannot be ignored.

Some of these aren't even in tight quarters though.  The last Mahomes scramble the DT blew past his guy and the OL latched on right in the open right by the QB and they don't throw it .

But yes, against guys like Mahomes, middle rush doesn't do much if he can break contain instantly

• Upvote 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

every goddam game with the same argument ovber and over and over and over and over...   what a drag

It's great. After any good drive you can count on someone reminding us that Mahommes wouldn't be good here. But this compulsion has nothing to do with defending Darnold or Jamal Adams

Just now, JTJet said:

Tony Romo is the best thing that's happened to the broadcast booth in the last 20 years. 

You're high. 

Not a fan. Sorry. 

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

hey 723, more neg reps? 

I have a lot of respect for your posts even if we disagree on some thing, you’re a good guy. At the end of the days we are both Jet fans right..take care buddy

1 minute ago, Jet Life said:

Let’s see if Tannehill can lead the comeback now that Henry has been shut down 

Hnery hasnt had holes of late..   but he can still busta long one, potentially...

indeed, Tanman will have to make some plays. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

Hnery hasnt had holes of late..   but he can still busta long one, potentially...

Agreed 

Lesson reinforced for those of you who thought the Titans would win this one: pure Ground n Pound only takes you so far. Apparently the AFC Title game is the cap on that ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Confused 1

Yep. Can’t just run your way to a shootout win. Especially not in comeback fashion.

2 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Well I guess we see now what Tannehill is made of

He still got to hold his head high if the Chiefs do take this. He looks like a different QB. 

lol, I literally yelled at Herdman there "Oh! what are you doing!"  When he was thinking of picking up the punt.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep. Can’t just run your way to a shootout win. Especially not in comeback fashion.

Great Post dude 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lesson reinforced for those of you who thought the Titans would win this one: pure Ground n Pound only takes you so far. Apparently the AFC Title game is the cap on that ceiling.

The Titans knocked off the two most hateable franchises/fanbases in the NFL en route. So far as I'm concerned they should be handed the Lombardi after today.

• Upvote 2

I notice a curious absence of people bashing Gase due to the amazing awakening of Ryan Tannehill on this thread. 

Hmm, wonder why that is. Something must have changed the narrative in the late few hours. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

He still got to hold his head high if the Chiefs do take this. He looks like a different QB. 

One that will never be good enough to win a Super Bowl under any circumstances. Had a nice little regular season in 2019 though. 

9 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Tony Romo bores me.

4354E7E3-B8AC-4ACF-B50A-400E3E4901CD.jpeg

Tony the Wiz is bored by Romo. That means he doesn’t find him entertaining. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, JTJet said:

I notice a curious absence of people bashing Gase due to the amazing awakening of Ryan Tannehill on this thread. 

Hmm, wonder why that is. Something must have changed the narrative in the late few hours. 

Yes Gase still sucks

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think the actual lesson is Ryan Tannehill was never really having a career resurgence and could never be counted on to make meaningful plays even if few and far between.  

7 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I have a lot of respect for your posts even if we disagree on some thing, you’re a good guy. At the end of the days we are both Jet fans right..take care buddy

we can have diff opinions, man. tru day..  where being jets fans will evr get us? lord knows

4 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Well I guess we see now what Tannehill is made of

He is what he is. He’s accurate, yet doesn’t possess the arm strong enough to stretch the field vertically. It’s dink and dunk, nothing else. He made a few dumb decisions in the 1st half that almost cost him some turnovers.

Maybe take a flyer with Mariotta and do the read option thingy?