joewilly12

AFC/NFC Championship Games Thread

All I can say is Thank God we didn't Draft Mahomes like many of us wanted and get a proven HC in here cause think about all of the pressure we avoid with those HIGH EXPECTATIONS!!

Look at em cheering!

Suckers!!!

Thank God it isn't us!!!

With that I bid you adieu......

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I explained what I meant in responding to Jetsfan80 if you care to read it.

I didn't mean you are making a snap judgement on your opinion of Mahomes.

I just thought it was humerous that you gave someone the business for posting immediately after Mahomes made a a subpar play to kind of highlight their point, but then he makes an average play to a wide open receiver and you immediately chime in with "best QB in the league" post.  

Yeah but that play was only related to the "going to the SB part". It was when the win % went from like 93% to 99.9% so I was essentially saying that is game over.

The best QB in the league part has been demonstrated over the prior 2 years and had nothing to do with that play.

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Some day soon this needs to happen at MetLife for the NY Jets. 

It will it will 

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im so sick of these State Farm commercials. 

Im so sick of the Mahomes love

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

I didnt say he was propped up entirely by his circumstances, I even said he was great. 

With that being said, you act like Mahomes walked on to a winless team and made them what they are. The 2017 Chiefs were a VASTLY superior roster than the 2017 Jets. Not even remotely close. 

2016/17 Chiefs went 12-4 had 7 Pro Bowlers (5 on offense), HOF coach, made playoffs then drafted Mahomes.

2017/18 Chiefs went 10-6, had 4 Pro Bowlers (3 on offense), HOF coach, made the playoffs, with Mahomes on bench.

2018/19 Chiefs went 12-4 had 5 more Pro Bowlers OTHER than Mahomes (4 on offense), HOF coach.

Now our team..... oh wait.

2016/17 Jets went 5-11 had 1 Pro Bowler (1 on defense) 

2017/18 Jets went 5-11 had 0 Pro Bowlers

2018/19 Jets went 4-12 had 3 Pro Bowlers (3 on Def/ST) 

Mahomes was drafted into an absolute dream scenario for a QB. The situations were VASTLY different and so too, the outcomes would have been. 

Just so it doesn't get buried. 

Show me where Darnold or Adams comes into my argument. 

What I can easily point out though, is I made a argument, provided plenty of data, and others chose to ignore that simple information, instead conflating it with some arbitrary argument about Darnold that I never mentioned, and then turn around and complain that people are trying massage their egos over Darnold. 

That's something straight out of cheesy political debate. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hunts son wife is hot. 

I'd hit it

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hunts son wife is hot. 

She has about 5000cc botox in her forehead 

Congrats to coach Reid 

State Farm is halfway home!!!

Just now, BUM-KNEE said:

Im so sick of the Mahomes love

Why?  Does every great player have to be hated on for his success?

Just now, fusionCA said:

She has about 5000cc botox in her forehead 

I'd still hit it 

Lost in all the Mahomes debate is Andy Reid has lead 2 seperate teams out of Superbowl droughts of 24 years and 50 years.

He's pretty good too.

• Upvote 2

State Farm nailed it picking Rodgers and Mahomes for their commercials, because they're both going to be in the Super Bowl  this year. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK you got me.  I thought you were being serious.  Level 10 troll job.  

joke? where's the funny bit? they just chat schitt. and when you point out how ridiculous what they've said is, they turn around and say "it was a joke" plain n simple.

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

State Farm nailed it picking Rodgers and Mahomes for their commercials, because they're both going to be in the Super Bowl  this year. 

Some calling it "the NFL fix"

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:
Image result for packers 49ers pics

#NFLStateFarmGate2020

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because I saw alot of non holding calls tonight.

Sure the kid is good, but what we are seeing is the next Brady worship for however many years in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sick of Mahomes love? We picked Jamal instead of this stud,. Not as sick of I am of hearing about "look at their weapons" for every QB playing in the playoffs as a prop for Sam Darnold being a poor QB for 2 years running.

• Upvote 1

So haven’t scrolled through yet,

how many “how did we pass on Mahomes” statements are there. Since all the geniuses on here were advocating taking him back then...

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Some calling it "the NFL fix"

Anyone saying it's a fix can take off the foil hats. Mahomes won that game today. Now let's see if the Packers can win. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Lost in all the Mahomes debate is Andy Reid has lead 2 seperate teams out of Superbowl droughts of 24 years and 50 years.

He's pretty good too.

I'm happy for him.  This "Playoff Andy" stuff needed to die off.  It's not "Playoff Andy".  It's "I don't give much of a sh*t about the defense" Andy.  He's consistently been the best offensive mind of this era.  And considering the direction the game has gone, he's been ahead of the curve for a while.  I think he's about to finally get his first ring.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Some day soon this needs to happen at MetLife for the NY Jets. 

Home playoff games?????      What are those?????   

• Upvote 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

joke? where's the funny bit? they just chat schitt. and when you point out how ridiculous what they've said is, they turn around and say "it was a joke" plain n simple.

I truly feel sorry for someone who reads what I typed, including the replies, and concludes that I "wasnt joking" 

Truly sad times on the internet when I refer to myself as Albert Hawkings while doing "the maths" and get taken seriously. 

Very sad times. 

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Anyone saying it's a fix can take off the foil hats. Mahomes won that game today. Now let's see if the Packers can win. 

They were the better team, by a lot, and it showed. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, southparkcpa said:

Home playoff games?????      What are those?????   

Investment Gold 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Because I saw alot of non holding calls tonight.

Sure the kid is good, but what we are seeing is the next Brady worship for however many years in my opinion.

Mahomes worship >>>>>> Brady worship.

He's not in our division.  He's not part of a cheating culture (as far as we know, at least).  And he seems like a likable guy.  

Ball-washing a guy for having serious GOAT potential is really not that big of a deal.  He's earned every bit of praise he's gotten to this point.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Just so it doesn't get buried. 

Show me where Darnold or Adams comes into my argument. 

What I can easily point out though, is I made a argument, provided plenty of data, and others chose to ignore that simple information, instead conflating it with some arbitrary argument about Darnold that I never mentioned, and then turn around and complain that people are trying massage their egos over Darnold. 

That's something straight out of cheesy political debate. 

You are making very reasonable points.  I've made similar statements and it just doesn't go anywhere.  It's not an unreasonable notion that he's not a MVP and Superbowl QB if he went to a dumpster fire of a situation.  That's very reasonable.  That's not saying he wouldn't be a good player(and you aren't implying that) but some people think a great QB can just erase most issues.  Maybe they can.  I don't believe that, but I could be wrong. They can hide some issues no doubt 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm happy for him.  This "Playoff Andy" stuff needed to die off.  It's not "Playoff Andy".  It's "I don't give much of a sh*t about the defense" Andy.  He's consistently been the best offensive mind of this era.  And considering the direction the game has gone, he's been ahead of the curve for a while.  I think he's about to finally get his first ring.  

The offense came out a bit flat 2 weeks running and the defense made some dumb drive extending penalties 

There is something to it 

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He's pretty good too.

I remember when some of argued we shouldn't get an Andy Reid or his type in here and we were repeatedly assured that the game has passed him by..........

Well I guess that they showed us!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Ok this is wild.  That pivotal 3rd and short where the Titans were called for a hold, the flag was thrown immediately at the snap.

Whatever he threw his flag for, he didn't call, and then someone on the crew went with a holding.

The Chiefs are the better team, but this has been a very poorly officiated game.

Brutal 

• Upvote 1

Just now, CTM said:

The offense came out a bit flat 2 weeks running and the defense made some dome druce e tending penalties 

And then what happened?

People were writing off Andy as a "choker".  They came back to win twice.  I don't think there's all that much to it.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Damn you bring the Gase crap anywhere 

It is through out this whole thread.