AFC/NFC Championship Games Thread

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mahomes worship >>>>>> Brady worship.

He's not in our division.  He's not part of a cheating culture (as far as we know, at least).  And he seems like a likable guy.  

Ball-washing a guy for having serious GOAT potential is really not that big of a deal.  He's earned every bit of praise he's gotten to this point.

Mahomes is good, but having his game shoved down my throat every 6 seconds is annoying to me.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And then what happened?

People were writing off Andy as a "choker".  They came back to win twice.  I don't think there's all that much to it.  

He has a phenom QB and great skill position players who can win in spite of him?

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

He has a phenom QB and great skill position players who can win in spite of him?

Lot's of teams had the chance to draft Mahomes.  Andy was the only one among them willing to trade up and take the kid.  He saw something special in him before anyone else.  And in the process he dumped Alex Smith after a career year.

He had a ton of say in the personnel that got them to this point.  I don't think that can be discarded.

Meanwhile, Andy's offenses have succeeded at every stop in his career and regardless of QB.  He just happens to have assembled damn near the perfect offense this time around.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You are making very reasonable points.  I've made similar statements and it just doesn't go anywhere.  It's not an unreasonable notion that he's not a MVP and Superbowl QB if he went to a dumpster fire of a situation.  That's very reasonable.  That's not saying he wouldn't be a good player(and you aren't implying that) but some people think a great QB can just erase most issues.  Maybe they can.  I don't believe that, but I could be wrong. They can hide some issues no doubt 

I'm comfortable saying that Mahomes is a better player than Darnold will ever be(regardless of situation) and passing over Mahomes to draft Adams will go down as one of the worst decisions the Jets have ever made --- and that's saying something considering how many bad decisions this franchise has made.

• Upvote 3

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

You are making very reasonable points.  I've made similar statements and it just doesn't go anywhere.  It's not an unreasonable notion that he's not a MVP and Superbowl QB if he went to a dumpster fire of a situation.  That's very reasonable.  That's not saying he wouldn't be a good player(and you aren't implying that) but some people think a great QB can just erase most issues.  Maybe they can.  I don't believe that, but I could be wrong. They can hide some issues no doubt 

I lived in Indy for 75% of Peytons run... he won 1 Superbowl with them.

He hid some issues with the Colts but the lack of talent around him was extremely noticeable and large parts of the reason he didnt win more SBs.

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

The offense came out a bit flat 2 weeks running and the defense made some dome druce e tending penalties 

There is something to it 

Should the 49ers win the NFC, KC can't afford to start the Super Bowl out like they started the last two games.  They'll get absolutely stifled by that defense.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Lot's of teams had the chance to draft Mahomes.  Andy was the only one willing to trade up and take the kid.  He saw something special in him before anyone else.  And in the process he dumped Alex Smith after a career year.

He had a ton of say in the personnel that got them to this point.  I don't think that can be discarded.

Did I discard that? Or that hes a great coach? I wonder if hes a bit tight in playoffs and the team reflects that, that's it. Great coach who has built a potent offense 

Thnk the Niners win, but rooting for the Packers.  Living in Chicago area will just complete the Bear fan meltdowns after watching Mahomes (who they passed on for Trubisky) lead KC to SB if the Packers make it too.  Will make for a fun Monday.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I'm comfortable saying that Mahomes is a better player than Darnold will ever be(regardless of situation) and passing over Mahomes to draft Adams will go down as one of the worst decisions the Jets have ever made --- and that's saying something considering how many bad decisions this franchise has made.

But you are the one interjecting that point.  He hasn't said that he's not better than Darnold.  I've never said it.  Passing on Mahomes and drafting Adams very well might be a huge mistake.

What I take issue with is that everyone just transforms the current version of Mahomes they see and assume that's the version of Mahomes that would be playing on the Jets.  Even though EVERYTHING about his development would be different.  Not only different, but worse.  Worse coaching, worse team around him, worse hill to climb in his division, worse pretty much everything.

Is it so unreasonable to think that stuff matters in a young QBs development?  For those of us who think it does aren't saying it's the ONLy thing that matters, but the responses that we get are as if we said it was the only thing that matters.

6 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

What's the anti-Jets troll narrative in this 2nd game....trying to keep up...

Take your pick:

• Should have signed Z Smith.
  • Had we won one less game in 2018, we could 've had Bosa instead of QW.
  • Drafted Jace Amaro instead of Jimmy G.
  • Didn't trade up for Aaron Rodgers when he fell in 2005 draft.
  • Should have signed Tevin Coleman instead of Bell
  • Hired Gase instead of Lafleur.

I am sure there are other storylines that will come up too.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

GB-SF perfect examples of a 1-2 punch at RB 

Davante Adams #1 WR 

The Packers continued use of Williams on third down is mystifying. A Jones is so much more talented and athletic. The 2 in the Packers 1-2 punch already cost the Packers a possession. I don’t know why you are infatuated with this RBBC thing. 

I have no doubt Roger Goodell and the NFL marketing teams are all jerking off right now to the thought of KC/Greenbay in the Superbowl. 

It does seem kinda cool the first two SB teams could face off for the 100 year season. 

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

The Packers continued use of Williams on third down is mystifying. A Jones is so much more talented and athletic. The 2 in the Packers 1-2 punch already cost the Packers a possession. I don’t know why you are infatuated with this RBBC thing. 

Why? Because a running game like that loosens up the pass D and helps our QB succeed in the throwing game.