AFC/NFC Championship Games Thread

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

Sad part is that after today it will be a long long time until watchable football again (sigh)

Worst time of the year for me is from end of the football season until March madness.  Miserable depressing weather.  Can't get into regular season college or NBA hoops.  I will watch some hockey, but that about it.  Once March Madness starts, then baseball is right around the corner, and the draft, weather getting better and all is looking up.  But these next two months are tough to get through.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Worst time of the year for me is from end of the football season until March madness.  Miserable depressing weather.  Can't get into regular season college or NBA hoops.  I will watch some hockey, but that about it.  Once March Madness starts, then baseball is right around the corner, and the draft, weather getting better and all is looking up.  But these next two months are tough to get through.

A friend of mine calls this the "Sports Void" 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Lith said:

Its 72 degrees in south California and I will be in Malibu all day tomorrow...

• Sympathy 1

I really hope the Chiefs win today.  Don't want to have to sort through all of the Tannehill/Gase threads we are likely to have on this board over the next two weeks if the Titans should win.

Although then we will have two weeks of Adams/Mahomes threads.  Not sure which is worse.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I really hope the Chiefs win today.  Don't want to have to sort through all of the Tannehill/Gase threads we are likely to have on this board over the next two weeks if the Titans should win.
Although then we will have two weeks of Adams/Mahomes threads.  Not sure which is worse.

Adams/Mahomes threads are more fun for me. I vote for those.
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Lith said:

Oddly enough, I'm rooting for the Titans in part so I don't have to hear about Mahomes.  

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I'll simplify it all:

if Tannehill does well:

Majority view - Gase constrained him and his offense scheme sucked in Miami thanks to Gase

Minority view - Gase developed him and here is the outcome

if Tannehill does poorly:
Majority - Tannehill sucks.

Minority - It wasn't Gase's fault in Miami

• Upvote 2