AFC/NFC Championship Games Thread

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

17 %. Really. lol.

You “Mahomes truthers” really are insane.

17% correct. I did all the appropriate maths to draw this conclusion. 

He is a great player, but drafted into our organization at THAT time. I would love to see an actual argument made that he would be as good as you are currently watching on tv. 

Just now, fusionCA said:

Lol

Anderson will have the same TD's like hill 

You cant hide talent like that 

This kind of guy give a shock to the system and everything gets upgraded 

So basically you are saying Kelce , Hill, and their Oline had nothing to do with it?  That Mahomes could carry even a crappy team?  Look nobody is knocking Mahomes...he had been terrific in his career so far.  But saying that the talent around him makes no difference is a bit misleading.  It’s not a knock on the kid. If anything it’s a compliment to KC in how they built this team so well on offense 

• Upvote 1

17% correct. I did all the appropriate maths to draw this conclusion. 

He is a great player, but drafted into our organization at THAT time. I would love to see an actual argument made that he would be as good as you are currently watching on tv. 

Such smart maths you really are the genius.

Never said he’d be as good. But he’d be at least 75 %. Not 17 %. That’s insane.

7 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Exactly dude.  Can’t look at the past.  It’s not just Mahomes...KC is loaded everywhere on offense.  Give credit to KC for building a great offense around their QB 

He’s got receivers for days , plus Kelsey might be best TE in the game currently. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

So basically you are saying Kelce , Hill, and their Oline had nothing to do with it?  That Mahomes could carry even a crappy team?  Look nobody is knocking Mahomes...he had been terrific in his career so far.  But saying that the talent around him makes no difference is a bit misleading.  It’s not a knock on the kid. If anything it’s a compliment to KC in how they built this team so well on offense 

I am saying that when you draft a talent like that it gives a shock to the system , you understand what you have and everything gets upgraded. 

Look at golden state , for 20 years they were the laughing stock of the nba  ,once they drafted curry everything changed , they upgraded managment,   scouting  , fired the awful loser coach that they had 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

He’s got receivers for days , plus Kelsey might be best TE in the game currently. 

Absolutely.  I’m not taking anything away from Mahomes he is excellent.  But as a QB you need talent around you and KC has elite talent.  When you compare their weapons to our weapons it’s like comparing a 5 star restaurant to McDonald’s lol 

13 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Tennessee really screwed up at the end.  They were playing almost flawless until the last 4 minutes 

They've playted practically flawless for 3.5 games in a row. Its not sustainable, really. There are always valleys and dips in performance.

"Screwed up." Is pretty harsh, imo.  those last few minutes they were found wanting, but the previous 25 mins were very good.

And everyone knows its hard to keep KC down.

Just now, fusionCA said:

I am saying that when you draft a talent like that it gives a shock to the system , you understand what you have and everything gets upgraded. 

Look at golden state , for 20 years they were the laughing stock of the nba  ,once they drafted curry everything changed , they upgraded managment,   scouting  , fired the awful loser coach that they had 

It wasn’t just curry man.  They draft Clay Thompson AND Darymond Green.  Then signed Durant. That’s elite talent 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I am a regular Albert Hawkings. 

You may need to go back and look at out 2017 roster and staff and reevaluate.

17% is being generous. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

They've playted practically flawless for 3.5 games in a row. Its not sustainable, really. There are always valleys and dips in performance.

"Screwed up." Is pretty harsh, imo. Not those last few minutes they were found wanting, but the previous 25 mins were very good.

And everyone knows its hard to keep KC down.

True.  I meant they didn’t block well or tackle well at the end 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Absolutely.  I’m not taking anything away from Mahomes he is excellent.  But as a QB you need talent around you and KC has elite talent.  When you compare their weapons to our weapons it’s like comparing a 5 star restaurant to McDonald’s lol 

Or McDonalds to rabbit stew. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

It wasn’t just curry man.  They draft Clay Thompson AND Darymond Green.  Then signed Durant. That’s elite talent 

Curry was the first piece ,7th overall in the draft 

Once they got him everything changed, you think Durant would have come if they didn't have curry 

As soon as they saw the loser coach is holding curry back they kicked him to the curb 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, fusionCA said:

Curry was the first piece ,7th overall in the draft 

Once they got him everything changed, you think Durant would have come if they didn't have curry 

As soon as they saw the loser coach is holding curry back they kicked him to the curb 

Still that really doesn’t prove that curry did it alone he didn’t.  He was loaded with talent around him which was my point 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s impossible to know for sure.  But one thing we can agree on is that it would be much much tougher 

I am a regular Albert Hawkings. 
You may need to go back and look at out 2017 roster and staff and reevaluate.
17% is being generous. 

You’re absolutely right. Mahomes is propped up almost entirely by his circumstances. Andy Reid surely agrees. He thought so little of Mahomes that he dumped Alex Smith after a career year, then traded up for Mahomes. He knows he’s just a “system QB” who can only win surrounded by elite talent.

You’re so smart. Why didn’t I see all this before?

Just now, Jets723 said:

Still that really doesn’t prove that curry did it alone he didn’t.  He was loaded with talent around him which was my point 

Look at the team they had when drafted curry ,it was just as bad as the jets now .

So dont tell me drafting elite talent doesn't help upgrading everything 

Just now, fusionCA said:

Look at the team they had when drafted curry ,it was just as bad as the jets now .

So dont tell me drafting elite talent doesn't help upgrading everything 

Once again you are not getting it.  I said you need elite talent but they had lost Thompson and draymond green. 

Haven't read this thread because I don't care who wins these games but I suspect half the posts are whining about players we didn't draft, right?  Ignoring the fact that every other team besides the one they're on didn't draft them either.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Haven't read this thread because I don't care who wins these games but I suspect half the posts are whining about players we didn't draft, right?  Ignoring the fact that every other team besides the one they're on didn't draft them either.

Considering you have LOVED literally every single player macgagnan ever drafted your opinion on  such matters is not that relevant.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Mike Maccagnans everywhere!

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

Once again you are not getting it.  I said you need elite talent but they had lost Thompson and draymond green. 

You dont get it 

All I hear is that mahomes will never be good with the jets because he will not have same coaching, same players 

What I am saying is that when you find a talent like mahomes everything is upgraded. 

Just like it happened with gsw ,they drafted curry into an awful team,management and coaching. 

But once they saw the talent they have they know its once in a life time and overhauled the entire team top to bottom 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, fusionCA said:

You dont get it 

All I hear is that mahomes will never be good with the jets because he will not have same coaching, same players 

What I am saying is that when you find a talent like mahomes everything is upgraded. 

Just like it happened with gsw ,they drafted curry into an awful team,management and coaching. 

But once they saw the talent they have they know its once in a life time and overhauled the entire team top to bottom 

Agree to disagree 

Agree to disagree 

You sound like a flat earther here. Agreeing to disagree technically ends the debate but doesn’t win many points when you’re so far on the wrong side of the argument.

Mahomes is an elite QB who would be elite anywhere. He’s at his best in KC but would still be a top 5 qb anywhere.
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You sound like a flat earther here. Agreeing to disagree technically ends the debate but doesn’t win many points when you’re so far on the wrong side of the argument.

Mahomes is an elite QB who would be elite anywhere. He’s at his best in KC but would still be a top 5 qb anywhere.

“Flat earther”.  I have a pretty fair argument but whatever man 

• Upvote 1