Patriot Killa

Rivers/Chargers parting ways

6 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

If Rivers is  not retiring, would he be a good fit for Indy? 

He’s moving to Florida.

Miami, Bucs or Jags maybe 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Brady to L.A book it.

Brady isn't going ANYWHERE he couldn't play the Pats next year so he can beat them and be 4th  in beating all teams.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Panthers, baby.

I've been trying to figure out this upcoming game a veteran QB musical chairs.

Let's assume Brady goes to LA and Big Phil goes to Carolina, where does that lead Cam?

Colts?  Bears? Bucs? Jags?  Dolphins? Those are about the only potential options I can think of.  Bears would be the best schematic fit and most ready to win, but are they ready to give up on Trubisky after publicly backing him recently.

Edit: Completely forgot this would leave Patriots in the QB market but I cannot see Cam as a fit in that offense at all.

Let's assume Brady goes to LA and Big Phil goes to Carolina, where does that lead Cam?
Colts?  Bears? Bucs? Jags?  Dolphins? Those are about the only potential options I can think of.  Bears would be the best schematic fit and most ready to win, but are they ready to give up on Trubisky after publicly backing him recently.
Edit: Completely forgot this would leave Patriots in the QB market but I cannot see Cam as a fit in that offense at all.

I could see Cam with the Bucs.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

So Brady to Chargers, Ne gets Tua.

Wonderful

Pretty big leap of logic here. Why do you think this? 

NE picks 23rd and doesnt have a second this year. Tua Is going top 10 no matter what anyone chooses to believe. They dont have the assets to move up to get him. 

• Post of the Week 1

I feel like Brady is only going to go to a place where he can definitely play the Patriots and also open up a bunch of TB12 places. Only places that make sense given those two variables are Florida or Vegas. LA is out of the question on the latter; the market is so oversaturated with strength and mobility studios and Brady's star power isn't going to be enough in LA to get new people into it.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

They may have the 23rd taken away from them soon.

One could hope. 

Have to imagine the Astros scandal threw a monkey wrench into the cupcake punishment that seemed to be coming. 

Would make sense as to why we still havent heard anything.  

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, David Harris said:

If Herbert along with Tua and Burrow goes top 10 we are in a good position 

That whole group of QBs is about to depart the League and this 2020 class will need to replace some of them. Eli already gone for D. Jones. Rivers and Brady next. Big Ben? I don’t know...Rudolph may not be the long term guy. Fitzpatrick?

I think the replacement cycle really starts to happen this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

dont sleep on the vegas raiders for rivers or cam. they will need to sell seats in the new stadium and i know gruden loves rivers. not sure about cam but he sure as hell does not seem to be all in on carr

• Upvote 1

On 1/19/2020 at 1:56 PM, HawkeyeJet said:

Is Newton out in Carolina?

Rivers ends up in Tennessee. He's a country boy, that team is built to win and has a great running game and D ... that's where he'll be

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

dont sleep on the vegas raiders for rivers or cam. they will need to sell seats in the new stadium and i know gruden loves rivers. not sure about cam but he sure as hell does not seem to be all in on carr

Rivers moved to Florida. He said they wanted to be closer to home and will make plans on the future accordingly. I think he’ll play if one of the Florida teams calls his name, otherwise, I think he’ll retire.

AF88513F-7A32-487F-BADF-A12951FA3B48.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Rivers, Brady, Newton, Eli. Weird year at QB in free agency. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/20/2020 at 5:27 PM, Drums said:

Rivers, Brady, Newton, Eli. Weird year at QB in free agency. 

I don't think we have ever seen this much potential movement and unknowns with QB's in the NFL

Old guard QB's starting to decline and soon to retire and/or change teams (6-8):

Ben, Eli, Rivers, Dalton, Brady, Brees - probably retired in 2-3 years - Rodgers showing signs, Matt Ryan? 

1st round QB's that might not get a second contract = 2

Mariota will have a new home, Winston released, traded or franchised?

1st round QB's with potential and questions (3)

Where's Josh Rosen next year?  Bridgewater?

Has Haskins done enough in Washington to avoid getting rosened?

QB's with big contracts that teams may look to dump (6-7)

Joe Flacco, Nick Foles, Jacoby Brissett, Cam Newton? Derek Carr? 

Final year for Cousins contract - does Minny extend him or lame duck year?

Plenty of contract intrigue too (3-4 teams with a new plan):

Mahomes set to become the richest QB ever

Do the Titans give Tannehill a long term deal - Cousins money? played as well if not better and seems like a good fit but could be fools gold "the Fitzcycle"

Does Jerry finally pay Dak? or TB12?

Wentz (injuries) and Trubisky (sucks) Garoppolo (<100 yards a game?) have been paid - do they earn it and/or do these teams invest heavily in backups or plan B?

Almost half the league could have different starting QB's and/or invest draft picks on future QB's next year, should be very interesting

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

How about Philip Rivers to the Titans?

For the 8th time, guys... he’s not leaving Florida.

On 1/19/2020 at 1:48 PM, CanadienJetsFan said:

So Brady to Chargers, Ne gets Tua.

Wonderful

How do they move up to get Tua just by not resigning Brady?  

Its not a trade.  He's a FA.  What's different with TB leaving or staying? 

But the Pats have a 100 man roster and triple the cap room of the rest of the NFL so as usual they sign everyone we think is good 

2 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

I can see the Raiders making a play for Brady... Would mean instant sellout seasons & more & would also be closer to his modest home in LA... 

620-TomBradyHouse-012513-jpg_201136.jpg

plus Vegas is Tax Free... not that he needs more but it is his money why not keep it.

• Upvote 2