Rivers/Chargers parting ways

On 1/19/2020 at 2:53 PM, JTJet said:

Pretty big leap of logic here. Why do you think this? 

NE picks 23rd and doesnt have a second this year. Tua Is going top 10 no matter what anyone chooses to believe. They dont have the assets to move up to get him. 

Tank for Trevor

27 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Tank for Trevor

That would be a great strategy next year since barring injury Trevor Lawrence will be the next "once in a decade" "Andrew Luck type" "can't miss" prospect - some team is going to tank and/or trade the farm to move up to get him (if that is the pats* I might have to stop watching LOL)

Fields will make a splash in year two with OSU and they will hopefully meet again in a CFP game but that hype train will be going all year and if Trevor plays in a 3rd Natty (very probable) he's a lock for #1 

According to USA Today "The preseason Heisman field will have Lawrence and Fields — or Fields and Lawrence, depending on how you feel — and then a wide gap of space."

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

That would be a great strategy next year since barring injury Trevor Lawrence will be the next once in a decade Andrew Luck type "can't miss" prospect - some team is going to tank and/or trade the farm to move up to get him

Fields will make a splash in year two with OSU and they will hopefully meet again in a CFP game but that hype train will be going all year and if Trevor plays in a 3rd Natty (very probable) he's a lock for #1 

According to USA Today "The preseason Heisman field will have Lawrence and Fields — or Fields and Lawrence, depending on how you feel — and then a wide gap of space."

If I’m the patriot I start Stidham next year go 0-16

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

That would be a great strategy next year since barring injury Trevor Lawrence will be the next "once in a decade" "Andrew Luck type" "can't miss" prospect - some team is going to tank and/or trade the farm to move up to get him

Good chance that "some team" will be Detroit. Patricia seems to be just the guy to do it, and they don't even have to try.?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Good chance that "some team" will be Detroit. Patricia seems to be just the guy to do it, and they don't even have to try.?

LOL very true, but they have not won anything with Stafford so not sure Trevor would help them - if they go DT high we know the tank is on...

could be two 0-16 teams next year - down to the tie breaker :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

LOL very true, but they have not won anything with Stafford so not sure Trevor would help them - if they go DT high we know the tank is on...

could be two 0-16 teams next year - down to the tie breaker :)

Or your corner.? The one thing about Lawrence that is interesting is that he will have basically 3 years of film playing in big games for teams to study. The last few years, many of the top QB's taken, have been one year guys, maybe two at the most. Parcells always used the 3 year starter rule as one of his top criteria in picking a QB.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, section314 said:

Or your corner.? The one thing about Lawrence that is interesting is that he will have basically 3 years of film playing in big games for teams to study. The last few years, many of the top QB's taken, have been one year guys, maybe two at the most. Parcells always used the 3 year starter rule as one of his top criteria in picking a QB.

Okuda is legit and would make that defense good enough to avoid 0-16 :) and Shaun Wade could be top 5 next year, after returning for another "shot" at Trevor

but don't sleep on Damon Arnette - could be a steal for the Jets in the 3rd round (2nd round is probable)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

That's the thing.   He is coming out early, but unlike a lot of young QBs he will have a ton of actual game experience.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

For the 8th time, guys... he’s not leaving Florida.

He and his wife are from Decatur, Alabama.  That is less than a 2 hour drive from Nashville.  It is 8 hours to Jacksonville which is the closest team in Florida.  He probably moved to Florida because there is no income tax, while California obviously has plenty.  As far as being "close to home" the Titans are actually closer. 

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He and his wife are from Decatur, Alabama.  That is less than a 2 hour drive from Nashville.  It is 8 hours to Jacksonville which is the closest team in Florida.  He probably moved to Florida because there is no income tax, while California obviously has plenty.  As far as being "close to home" the Titans are actually closer. 

I understand the demographics of the situation but he said he is not leaving Florida. That was his words. He could very well change his mind, but as of right now, I don’t think he’s leaving. just my two cents. They probably just got settled in the new place. Idk I just don’t see another quick move like that being realistic for a family who just got a new house but then again, idk the guy or the family so what do I know.

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I understand the demographics of the situation but he said he is not leaving Florida. That was his words. He could very well change his mind, but as of right now, I don’t think he’s leaving. just my two cents. They probably just got settled in the new place. Idk I just don’t see another quick move like that being realistic for a family who just got a new house but then again, idk the guy or the family so what do I know.

When did he say he was not leaving Florida?  I saw that he said his move was "permanent" but I just took that to mean that he wasn't going back to California.  He has always had a place in Blue Mountain Beach on the panhandle for the offseason - to be closer to the family and probably for tax purposes.  I think Hunter Henry and some of those guys go there for the summer "Chargers East."  I didn't see anything talking about him buying some big new house. They have been squawking about retiring closer to their parents for years and Nashville is closer than Florida.

From Blue Mountain Beach to Jacksonville is 4 1/2 hours, Tampa 6, Nashville 7 and Miami 9+.  That is by car, I am pretty sure that this ****er can afford a helicopter.  Besides, if he seriously said he was not leaving Florida, he is actually probably saying "I am retiring." 

On 1/19/2020 at 4:50 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I feel like Brady is only going to go to a place where he can definitely play the Patriots and also open up a bunch of TB12 places. Only places that make sense given those two variables are Florida or Vegas. LA is out of the question on the latter; the market is so oversaturated with strength and mobility studios and Brady's star power isn't going to be enough in LA to get new people into it.

Brady's going home to Michigan and going to sell insurance for his dad.

Interesting off season.

If I'm Brady my top concern is going to a strong team with a weak starter that could be a top end game manager away from a SB. TN fits that bill, Indy maybe. Who else ? I think he'd very much like to end the Brady or Belichick debate, it depends on how much self awareness he has about his own rapidly diminishing skills 

Rivers should go where he can win but doesnt strike me as that type of guy and might choose convenience. If hes really moving to Florida Miami / Tampa ? Carolina does seem like a logical fit though, he went to college there and isnt Rivers very religous like Rhule?

NE - I think Belichick also wants to answer Brady or Belichick in his favor, these are two hyper competitive men afterall. I cant see them tanking in fact I think they try and load up to not miss a beat. I could see them going with whatever QB gets displaced by Rivers / Brady 

On 1/19/2020 at 4:50 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I feel like Brady is only going to go to a place where he can definitely play the Patriots and also open up a bunch of TB12 places. Only places that make sense given those two variables are Florida or Vegas. LA is out of the question on the latter; the market is so oversaturated with strength and mobility studios and Brady's star power isn't going to be enough in LA to get new people into it.

My daughter has been going out with a body builder for the last 3 years and diet is a very big part of what he focuses on. I actually asked him about what is Brady doing to stay in shape. What he said is it is definitely  part genetics that he has been able to play this long, that he has seen too many people just fall to aches and pains form injuries and get tired of rehabing which is the biggest reason someone quits something. As far as TB 12, he said there is no magic bullet.  There is nothing any company is offering that the rest aren't. Nutrition is well researched and companies spend millions  each year on it, there is nothing he is eating or taking that isn't  already available in some form. It's  all about service, price, and convenience.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

My daughter has been going out with a body builder for the last 3 years and diet is a very big part of what he focuses on. I actually asked him about what is Brady doing to stay in shape. What he said is it is definitely  part genetics that he has been able to play this long, that he has seen too many people just fall to aches and pains form injuries and get tired of rehabing which is the biggest reason someone quits something. As far as TB 12, he said there is no magic bullet.  There is nothing any company is offering that the rest aren't. Nutrition is well researched and companies spend millions  each year on it, there is nothing he is eating or taking that isn't  already available in some form. It's  all about service, price, and convenience.  

Brady is on PED’s. Foam rolling and cutting out tomatoes don’t take away the effects of being 40. Drugs however do.

16 hours ago, King P said:

Rivers is washed. I say let him go to Tampa so people can realize Jameis wasn't the problem with that trash organization 

Sorry but he is the problem with tampas offense.  His interceptions totally killed that team this year.  His pick 6 to end the season was perfectly fitting for him... If arians couldn't fix him by the end of the season, he is in trouble going forward.

40 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

all his ints are not his fault at all. he is a scapegoat? clown statement

He had so many weapons this year and he put up big numbers but he was picked off seemingly at will all season.  

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

all his ints are not his fault at all. he is a scapegoat? clown statement

Where did I say the INTs weren't his fault? I said he wasn't the problem with that team despite all the INTs. Clown response

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

Sorry but he is the problem with tampas offense.  His interceptions totally killed that team this year.  His pick 6 to end the season was perfectly fitting for him... If arians couldn't fix him by the end of the season, he is in trouble going forward.

He had so many weapons this year and he put up big numbers but he was picked off seemingly at will all season.  

No, the fact that the Bucs have a piss poor O-Line with a terrible run game is the biggest problem with that offense. Not to mention a terrible defense. Basically has the put the team on is back because they can't stop any opposing offense and can't protect a lead for sh*t. Put him on a team like the Titans and his INTs would be cut in half.

You know how we complain about Darnold having to deal with a crappy O-Line. Winston has had to deal with that his whole tenure in Tampa Bay. Plus not having a defense. Outside of his receivers, Tampa Bay has failed to really build around him. That's why they're a trash organization