Ownership is the problem. Time to force Woody to sell Jets.

Fibonacci

32 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Multiple GM's, multiple HC's and same result year after year. Problem is the ownership. Jets fans need to organize to force Woody to sell. What do you guys think?

Relax. 2020 is our year. 

6-2 was an amazing second half. Be excited. Enjoy the offseason. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

Fans should wear a color like "hunter's orange" to home games as a statement for them to sell. 

Easy apparrel to find and buy.  Make the place look like a Tennessee Vols game. 

Billionaires like making money.  But they value image heavily, and despise being embarrassed.

Jets fans not wearing the franchise colors will send a message.

Somebody just needs to get the ball rolling with the STHs to organize it.   Plenty of time before week 1...

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Multiple GM's, multiple HC's and same result year after year. Problem is the ownership. Jets fans need to organize to force Woody to sell. What do you guys think?

@SAR I

You got this, right?

Edit

OOPS Didn't bother reading the thread. I see you're already here...

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

What has ownership done that's bad?

They're definitely not cheap and they seem to stay out of the football decisions.

I mean they spend as much as you can and got rid of midget stadium.

What else can you ask from ownership? 

Say what?!?!

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

What has ownership done that's bad?

They're definitely not cheap and they seem to stay out of the football decisions.

I mean they spend as much as you can and got rid of midget stadium.

What else can you ask from ownership? 

greateight.jpg

Exactly right.  The future’s so bright I gotta wear shades. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

The only way the Johnsons are selling the Jets is if any of the following happen:

1 - Johnson & Johnson loses every lawsuit against them for the foreseeable future. 

2- A plane carrying their entire family and heirs crashes. 

3- Woody gets "Donald Sterlinged" out of the league for some hot take scandal. 

• Upvote 1

I am not trying to defend the Johnson's with these numbers, but I just think they are probably not as bad as most people would think.  I think Woody is a schmuck, but people act as though he's Dolan or Haslem and I just don't see that.

if my numbers are correct, I think the Jets are 19th in the NFL in winning percentage since Woody bought the team.  They have more winning seasons than losing seasons over that time.  So while they haven't been "good" they haven't been a complete disaster either.  The first decade of his ownership was actually quite productive, as far as Jets decades go.  This past one?  Yeah not so much.  The horrible hires of Idzik and Macc back to back were just crushing. 

While looking to Seattle the first time was the right place to look, he picked the wrong guy.  Macc was an awful choice based on an awful recommendation.   I think he knows he needs to step away and let football people make the calls, he just can't pick the right one to trust.

• Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

So KC has not been to a super bowl since the ‘69 season.  Does that mean they are like us? 

It means they found a franchise quarterback and surrounded him with big playmakers.  We did the hard part too.  Now that we have Darnold, playmaker time. 

SAR I

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm interested in hearing more about your plan to organize to force a couple of billionaires to sell their business that prints money no matter how sh*tty the product is.

@Fibonacci, lay it out for us, how do we make it happen? 

Fibonacci's Fool-Proof Plan to Usurp the Jets from the Johnsons

Step 1: Ask Jet Nation for opinions

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit