Ownership is the problem. Time to force Woody to sell Jets.

Fibonacci

46 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Fans should wear a color like "hunter's orange" to home games as a statement for them to sell. 

I think not going to games at all, rather than going while wearing funny colors, would make a bigger statement, but that's just me.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Step 1: organize

Step 3: profit

Don't really have a plan Barry. All I wanted to achieve was to discuss our options as fans but all these butt fumble votes is a proof that majority is happy with Woody and no discussion to be had. I rest my case. 

• Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, Fibonacci said:

Don't really have a plan Barry. All I wanted to achieve was to discuss our options as fans but all these butt fumble votes is a proof that majority is happy with Woody and no discussion to be had. I rest my case. 

Yeah.

That's what that means.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

It means they found a franchise quarterback and surrounded him with big playmakers.  We did the hard part too.  Now that we have Darnold, playmaker time. 

SAR I

What does having a franchise QB do for you when your coach doesn’t know how to use it because he is an offensive fraud.  Now if we had Shanahan or Reid, real offensive guru then that will be a different story.  

Let’s just hope that by the time the fraud is fired it is not too late.

Woody and Chris are great owners. Their only problem has always been poor hiring decisions. They've consistently hired poor GM's. Their ONLY good hire was Rex Ryan. However, they paired Ryan with some of the worst GM's I've ever seen. They just need to Make two good, consecutive hires in the GM and HC and the rest is history.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

Multiple GM's, multiple HC's and same result year after year. Problem is the ownership. Jets fans need to organize to force Woody to sell. What do you guys think?

It doesn't work that way.  They aren't going anywhere. 

So just hope Douglas drafts well and that our fortunes improve.  They didn't keep Rex from taking the team to two consecutive championship games.  If we start to win they will stay out of the way.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

It doesn't work that way.  They aren't going anywhere. 

So just hope Douglas drafts well and that our fortunes improve.  They didn't keep Rex from taking the team to two consecutive championship games.  If we start to win they will stay out of the way.

The Knicks have more recently made the playoffs and made a run than the jets.  Even the Mets are in better shape and their owners literally don’t care about winning

10 years, no playoffs, one winning season, traded for Tebow instead of drafting Wilson, keep hiring duds (Mac, Idzik, Bowles, Gase) and then Woody runs off to a made up job in England to let his even dumber brother further derail the train wreck

Ownership is the #1 problem

• Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, DRJETS said:

What does having a franchise QB do for you when your coach doesn’t know how to use it because he is an offensive fraud.

There is nothing to indicate that he is.  There is no evidence that Gase is a bad offensive coordinator in New Jersey.  He's been here one season.  He finished the year on a very respectable 6-2 run where the offense did its job and Darnold was a Top 10 quarterback.

And the Jets quantity of injuries this year would have left Reid and Shanahan at 7-9 too, perhaps worse.  Shanahan was 4-12 last year and all he lost was a quarterback.  Andy Reid went 2-4 during a stretch this season, what, he became an idiot on offense for a month and a half?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

There is nothing to indicate that he is.  There is no evidence that Gase is a bad offensive coordinator in New Jersey.  He's been here one season.  He finished the year on a very respectable 6-2 run where the offense did its job and Darnold was a Top 10 quarterback.

And the Jets quantity of injuries this year would have left Reid and Shanahan at 7-9 too, perhaps worse.  Shanahan was 4-12 last year and all he lost was a quarterback.  Andy Reid went 2-4 during a stretch this season, what, he became an idiot on offense for a month and a half?

SAR I

Another day another Sar I post acting like beating a bunch of crappy teams second half of the season means Gase is better than Belichick 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Another day another Sar I post acting like beating a bunch of crappy teams second half of the season means Gase is better than Belichick 

The Jets were the crappier team in all 8 of those contests.  We should have gone 0-8.  6-2 by Gase to end the 2019 season is one of the greatest accomplishments by a Jets head coach in team history.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Im amazed that you still keep going with your charade for this long.  

Now you are comparing a real offensive guru and  two times SB appearance as a HC (who many here didn’t want just like MM) with the current Jets FRAUD.  

Instead of praising GW for his outstanding job in winning most games like the last game 13-6 here you are taking your trolling into another level.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets were the crappier team in all 8 of those contests.  

No they weren’t 

redskins - sucked and were starting a rookie QB who clearly wasn’t ready

Dolphins- were winless and tanking until they met Gase

Bills - resting all their starters

Giants - defense couldn’t stop Hackenberg 

your big badge of Gase honor is a win over the short handed Cowboys and a win over the Raiders - two teams that didn’t make the playoffs and weren’t good

and to top it all off Gase found ways to lose to two winless teams that absolutely stunk during the historic “run”

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Im amazed that you still keep going with your charade for this long. 

Instead of praising GW for his outstanding job in winning most games like the last game 13-6 here you are taking your trolling into another level.

sameight.jpg

Sam Darnold's last 8 games featured 15 TD's and 4 interceptions.  Completion percentage over 60%.  QBR 93.3 is 10th best in the NFL.  With no weapons.  With no OL.  With no running game.

Man, that Gregg Williams is one hell of an offensive coordinator.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Now you are comparing a real offensive guru and  two times SB appearance as a HC (who many here didn’t want just like MM) with the current Jets FRAUD.  

Shanahan the offensive guru?  You mean the head coach that went 4-12 last year with a Super Bowl roster because he couldn't coach up a backup quarterback or motivate his team?

Reid the offensive guru?  The guy who has been to the playoffs 15 times in 20 years and has never won a Super Bowl? 

The only fraud here is you.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Shanahan the offensive guru?  You mean the head coach that went 4-12 last year with a Super Bowl roster because he couldn't coach up a backup quarterback or motivate his team?

Reid the offensive guru?  The guy who has been to the playoffs 15 times in 20 years and has never won a Super Bowl? 

SAR I

Reid’s left nut > Gase

Ditto for Shanahan

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

and to top it all off Gase found ways to lose to two winless teams that absolutely stunk during the historic “run”

Ah, so we should have beaten the Dolphins and Bengals.  Gotcha.

So sitting at 1-6 the thought that was running through your brilliant mind is that the Jets were about to go on a 8-1 run.

Have I got that right?  Because that's what beating the Bengals and Dolphins means.  Or, wait.......perhaps you would have been happier if we lost to the Raiders and Steelers?  Which one is it?

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ah, so we should have beaten the Dolphins and Bengals.  Gotcha.

So sitting at 1-6 the thought that was running through your brilliant mind is that the Jets were about to go on a 8-1 run.

Have I got that right?  Because that's what beating the Bengals and Dolphins means.  Or, wait.......perhaps you would have been happier if we lost to the Raiders and Steelers?  Which one is it?

SAR I

So beating good teams allows us an excuse for losing to the bad teams. 

Good football teams win games against good or bad teams and play consistent football throughout the season. 

joewilly12

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

It is funny that you brought Shanahan, when garapolo went down last year his third string undrafted QB was making plays completing 65% of his passes and losing 9 games by fewer than 5 points.  And I was told here that it was not the fraud fault when he couldn’t drive the offense for a FG when Darnold went down.  

7 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

It is funny that you brought Shanahan, when garapolo went down last year his third string undrafted QB was making plays completing 65% of his passes and losing 9 games by fewer than 5 points.  And I was told here that it was not the fraud fault when he couldn’t drive the offense for a FG when Darnold went down.  

Shanahan had a Super Bowl roster last year and went 4-12 missing only his quarterback.

Gase had an XFL roster this year and went 7-9 missing 18 players on IR and scores more missing significant time.

Looks to me like Gase is the better head coach.  Looks to me like Gase can make something out of nothing.  Looks to me that once Douglas builds him a championship-caliber roster like Shanahan was given Gase is going to get it done.

But you go on hating.  Because you were wrong on the internet.  And your feelings hurt.

SAR I