Ownership is the problem. Time to force Woody to sell Jets.

Fibonacci

47 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Woody has always been hesitant to pay above market for more qualified candidates in fear of being iced out of decision making. It's the reason Mangini was let go. 

Was Mangini really this God send of a coach?  Other than a couple good drafts that Tannenbaum did it’s a paper thin argument - not only did all the players hate him he sucked in Cleveland and San Francisco 

Matt Cassell owes Mangini a piece of his $50 million payday

On 1/21/2020 at 12:30 PM, Jet Nut said:

meh, they thought he would be a help to the wildcat.  Nothing more.  It didnt work.  Nothing was spent other than a couple of dollars.

The overreaction is funny at best

Tebow was brought here by Woody to be the franchise qb in case Sanchez continued to suck

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Was Mangini really this God send of a coach?  Other than a couple good drafts that Tannenbaum did it’s a paper thin argument - not only did all the players hate him he sucked in Cleveland and San Francisco 

Matt Cassell owes Mangini a piece of his $50 million payday

This has been rehashed a million times but for the short time Mangini was here the Jets managed to bring in real talent via the draft. It’s the only time in the teams recent history where you could point to the organization drafting relatively well. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

This has been rehashed a million times but for the short time Mangini was here the Jets managed to bring in real talent via the draft. It’s the only time in the teams recent history where you could point to the organization drafting relatively well. 

I still don’t buy the argument Rex had 7 different starters in 2009

Why don’t we just start saying Parcells won with Kotite’s players

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Tebow was brought here by Woody to be the franchise qb in case Sanchez continued to suck

Not a chance in hell. 

Rex said it more than once, Westhoff said it also, from a team standpoint he was to be the wildcat QB.  Westhoff said they couldn't believe how bad he was when they say him in practice.  

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Not a chance in hell. 

Rex said it more than once, Westhoff said it also, from a team standpoint he was to be the wildcat QB.  Westhoff said they couldn't believe how bad he was when they say him in practice.  

So Woody’s employees pretended to like the tebow trade?  Wow 

On 1/19/2020 at 8:20 PM, Fibonacci said:

Multiple GM's, multiple HC's and same result year after year. Problem is the ownership. Jets fans need to organize to force Woody to sell. What do you guys think?

Agreed!

In fact, I'm so in favor of this, I'll start a fundraising effort.  Why don't you guys venmo me some cash and I'll keep you up to date on my efforts.

If I get enough cash...before long....the Johnson's will be gone!

On 1/22/2020 at 8:13 PM, southparkcpa said:

Understood... but in my line of work, I have seen extremely smart people that make good decisions based on facts.   I’d have found that the majority of people who call upper management suits either work in government or simply don’t  see that to get a board seat on any public company, you generally bring some skill to the table.  Take Schultz of Starbucks.  You don’t think his opinion would bring value to a board?   Trust me I see your point... but 95 percent of the success in this world is controlled by suits for a good reason.  It’s brains and well brains. 

That's fair. My experience has been different. Once I started attending yearly Galas with such people my opinion evolved quite a bit. I started seeing them as the people they were as opposed to an image that was presented and while some are high IQ talented people, the bulk are quite average. But again that's my limited experience. Of course you can take some of the top people and hold them up as an example and of course they'd be warmly welcomed.