Rob Lowe and the generic NFL hat/ Lonestar premiere game thread ?

JTJet

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why? 

Why not lol. 

Would you rather another thread about Gase vs Tannehill vs Darnold vs Mayfield vs Woody Johnson vs deflate gate vs Tom Bradys first baby momma? 

Keeping things fun man. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Isn't one 911 TV show enough. I tried watching one episode. The one with the tidal wave.   I didn't finish the episode. Not worth my time. 

I didnt even finish this first episode either. It wont last. Too woke. 

The Fire Dept main cast is made up of a white man, gay man, trans lady, latina lady, and latino male. 

I understand the need for television to appeal to a wide audience, but doing so blatantly pandering to demographics and flying in the face of logic is laughable. 

Wont make it to a 3rd season. Get woke go broke.

12 hours ago, JTJet said:

Why not lol. 

Would you rather another thread about Gase vs Tannehill vs Darnold vs Mayfield vs Woody Johnson vs deflate gate vs Tom Bradys first baby momma? 

Keeping things fun man. 

Those were the only options and therefore a good excuse for this?

You left out he should we sign Tom Brady and bench Sam thread ?

13 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Isn't one 911 TV show enough. I tried watching one episode. The one with the tidal wave.   I didn't finish the episode. Not worth my time. 

Every day is like that at the Firehouse. Giant Tsunamis,  explosions, action, bewbs, Superhero level saves, and giant commercial conflagrations where nobody wears their PPE or SCBA face piece. 

Very realistic. 

• Haha 1

An FDNY officer on 9/11 would now be almost 20 years older. You have been a fire lieutenant in 2001 means at that time he was 40+ years old, and probably older. Such a  guy would now be over 60. Which also means he would probably be collected a huge, likely tax free disability pension from breathing all that crap down there, and probably SSI disability on top of that. That's close to $200k tax free.Even if he wasn't disabled, he would be collecting a 30+ year FDNY pension worth about $150k+ and readily able to start a 2nd career that did not involve running into burning buildings. Or a job as an administrator. Unless you're making him the boss of the department, he is not taking your job.  Don't pretend to know Texas civil servant rules, but most jurisdictions do not hire old guys from other departments. There are some exceptions in law enforcement only because an old cop is already trained  and with a prior job pension probably also has a medical plan from the old agency in place such the new department doesn't have to pay for his medical plan with them,  and that to them is a very good thing .  But know of a number instances where NYPD cops in the 9/11 health screening program did not get new law enforcement jobs because they were so classified; nobody wants to hire someone with a likelihood of serious illness. And they can be awful; exotic deadly cancers that have rarely been seen before. So a Texas fire department is not going to hire a working fire captain who is old and probably disabled. In short the premise of this show is total crap. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Bugg said:

An FDNY officer on 9/11 would now be almost 20 years older. You have been a fire lieutenant in 2001 means at that time he was 40+ years old, and probably older. Such a  guy would now be over 60. Which also means he would probably be collected a huge, likely tax free disability pension from breathing all that crap down there, and probably SSI disability on top of that. That's close to $200k tax free.Even if he wasn't disabled, he would be collecting a 30+ year FDNY pension worth about $150k+ and readily able to start a 2nd career that did not involve running into burning buildings. Or a job as an administrator. Unless you're making him the boss of the department, he is not taking your job.  Don't pretend to know Texas civil servant rules, but most jurisdictions do not hire old guys from other departments. There are some exceptions in law enforcement only because an old cop is already trained  and with a prior job pension probably also has a medical plan from the old agency in place such the new department doesn't have to pay for his medical plan with them,  and that to them is a very good thing .  But know of a number instances where NYPD cops in the 9/11 health screening program did not get new law enforcement jobs because they were so classified; nobody wants to hire someone with a likelihood of serious illness. And they can be awful; exotic deadly cancers that have rarely been seen before. So a Texas fire department is not going to hire a working fire captain who is old and probably disabled. In short the premise of this show is total crap. 

FDs do NOT hire line officers with a rank=rank transfer. Division Chief and up is where those hirings take place (Our current Fire Marshal came from a nearby jurisdiction, as did A/C of Admin). I plan on leaving my current Department in the next 2-4 years depending, and going to a smaller FD as either an Assistant FM or Investigator.  

Anyway, I haven't watched a "Fire" show since the first couple if episodes of Rescue Me, and even that just wound up grating on me. Elements of Ladder 49 are accurate, but the most accurate show about Fire Departments is Tacoma FD, much like how Barney Miller was the most accurate cop show. 

• Upvote 1