Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JTJet

Rob Lowe and the generic NFL hat/ Lonestar premiere game thread ūüėā

Recommended Posts

**** it. Why not? Lol more interesting than half the threads that get started beating dead horses. 

1579486489646.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s a fed

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why? 

Why not lol. 

Would you rather another thread about Gase vs Tannehill vs Darnold vs Mayfield vs Woody Johnson vs deflate gate vs Tom Bradys first baby momma? 

Keeping things fun man. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Why not lol. 

Would you rather another thread about Gase vs Tannehill vs Darnold vs Mayfield vs Woody Johnson vs deflate gate vs Tom Bradys first baby momma? 

Keeping things fun man. 

Image result for ronald mcdonald gifs
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:
Image result for ronald mcdonald gifs

the goonies horror GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
Image result for ronald mcdonald gifs

By far the best and most evil Joker, made Joaquin Pheonix look like an amateur or meanness.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You already know he got that heads up the promo was coming because he was up clapping for no reason during a time out 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't one 911 TV show enough. I tried watching one episode. The one with the tidal wave.   I didn't finish the episode. Not worth my time. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's do this. I'm hyped. 

Not really, but I have nothing to do tonight and it's better than arguing about the same sh*t on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

You already know he got that heads up the promo was coming because he was up clapping for no reason during a time out 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm totally on board with Legomasters. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW

So the premise of 911 Lonestar is an entire Austin FD company gets blown up because a man microwaved a burrito wrapped in foil.... 

Is this real? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JTJet said:

WOW

So the premise of 911 Lonestar is an entire Austin FD company gets blown up because a man microwaved a burrito wrapped in foil.... 

Is this real? 

Some people take unnecessary risks....

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Isn't one 911 TV show enough. I tried watching one episode. The one with the tidal wave.   I didn't finish the episode. Not worth my time. 

I didnt even finish this first episode either. It wont last. Too woke. 

The Fire Dept main cast is made up of a white man, gay man, trans lady, latina lady, and latino male. 

I understand the need for television to appeal to a wide audience, but doing so blatantly pandering to demographics and flying in the face of logic is laughable. 

Wont make it to a 3rd season. Get woke go broke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JTJet said:

WOW

So the premise of 911 Lonestar is an entire Austin FD company gets blown up because a man microwaved a burrito wrapped in foil.... 

Is this real? 

Can someone explain exactly what happened with Adam Gase ...

yep spoiler alert, it was this guy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JTJet said:

WOW

So the premise of 911 Lonestar is an entire Austin FD company gets blown up because a man microwaved a burrito wrapped in foil.... 

Is this real? 

What kind of burrito was it?  Asking for a (mod) friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nycdan said:

What kind of burrito was it?  Asking for a (mod) friend.

Looked like a rotten chipotle Adobo chicken burrito lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JTJet said:

Why not lol. 

Would you rather another thread about Gase vs Tannehill vs Darnold vs Mayfield vs Woody Johnson vs deflate gate vs Tom Bradys first baby momma? 

Keeping things fun man. 

Those were the only options and therefore a good excuse for this?

You left out he should we sign Tom Brady and bench Sam thread¬†ūüėĀ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Looked like a rotten chipotle Adobo chicken burrito lol 

If the explosion didn’t get them the Norovirus would have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Isn't one 911 TV show enough. I tried watching one episode. The one with the tidal wave.   I didn't finish the episode. Not worth my time. 

Every day is like that at the Firehouse. Giant Tsunamis,  explosions, action, bewbs, Superhero level saves, and giant commercial conflagrations where nobody wears their PPE or SCBA face piece. 

 

Very realistic. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fire and rescue shows are so fake.

So are most VFDs. ūüėŹ

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So are most VFDs. ūüėŹ

In most cases not all only difference is a paycheck, fire is still fire and water is wet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An FDNY officer on 9/11 would now be almost 20 years older. You have been a fire lieutenant in 2001 means at that time he was 40+ years old, and probably older. Such a  guy would now be over 60. Which also means he would probably be collected a huge, likely tax free disability pension from breathing all that crap down there, and probably SSI disability on top of that. That's close to $200k tax free.Even if he wasn't disabled, he would be collecting a 30+ year FDNY pension worth about $150k+ and readily able to start a 2nd career that did not involve running into burning buildings. Or a job as an administrator. Unless you're making him the boss of the department, he is not taking your job.  Don't pretend to know Texas civil servant rules, but most jurisdictions do not hire old guys from other departments. There are some exceptions in law enforcement only because an old cop is already trained  and with a prior job pension probably also has a medical plan from the old agency in place such the new department doesn't have to pay for his medical plan with them,  and that to them is a very good thing .  But know of a number instances where NYPD cops in the 9/11 health screening program did not get new law enforcement jobs because they were so classified; nobody wants to hire someone with a likelihood of serious illness. And they can be awful; exotic deadly cancers that have rarely been seen before. So a Texas fire department is not going to hire a working fire captain who is old and probably disabled. In short the premise of this show is total crap. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bugg said:

An FDNY officer on 9/11 would now be almost 20 years older. You have been a fire lieutenant in 2001 means at that time he was 40+ years old, and probably older. Such a  guy would now be over 60. Which also means he would probably be collected a huge, likely tax free disability pension from breathing all that crap down there, and probably SSI disability on top of that. That's close to $200k tax free.Even if he wasn't disabled, he would be collecting a 30+ year FDNY pension worth about $150k+ and readily able to start a 2nd career that did not involve running into burning buildings. Or a job as an administrator. Unless you're making him the boss of the department, he is not taking your job.  Don't pretend to know Texas civil servant rules, but most jurisdictions do not hire old guys from other departments. There are some exceptions in law enforcement only because an old cop is already trained  and with a prior job pension probably also has a medical plan from the old agency in place such the new department doesn't have to pay for his medical plan with them,  and that to them is a very good thing .  But know of a number instances where NYPD cops in the 9/11 health screening program did not get new law enforcement jobs because they were so classified; nobody wants to hire someone with a likelihood of serious illness. And they can be awful; exotic deadly cancers that have rarely been seen before. So a Texas fire department is not going to hire a working fire captain who is old and probably disabled. In short the premise of this show is total crap. 

FDs do NOT hire line officers with a rank=rank transfer. Division Chief and up is where those hirings take place (Our current Fire Marshal came from a nearby jurisdiction, as did A/C of Admin). I plan on leaving my current Department in the next 2-4 years depending, and going to a smaller FD as either an Assistant FM or Investigator.  

 

Anyway, I haven't watched a "Fire" show since the first couple if episodes of Rescue Me, and even that just wound up grating on me. Elements of Ladder 49 are accurate, but the most accurate show about Fire Departments is Tacoma FD, much like how Barney Miller was the most accurate cop show. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...