prime21

Revis talking smack

12 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

And he’s not wrong. Sherman is a read corner. He plays zone and reads and reacts. He cannot play man coverage nearly as good. Yeah the Packers lost but Adams went off for like 8 catches and 118 yards. Revis wouldn’t of let him do that in his hay days

Sherman in his prime could do everything you just described.  He got old and injured and is a serviceable zone guy now but in his prime which lasted about 4 years he was the best man to man cover corner in the league

14 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He didn’t leave the jets . We traded him to bucs for pick that was used on Sheldon Richardson 

And then when Rex wanted to sign him in early 2014 and Revis wanted back Idzik and Woody said nah we’re good with D’Mitri Patterson 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

But that’s your point. He left which is why the fan base hates him right ? That was the choice HE made. 

Uh no we made the decision for him 

You’re making Revis out to be Kristaps Porzingis 

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

If memory serves me right didn’t Patterson go AWOL in like mini camp or training camp? 

Yes.  Right after Woody and Idzik signed him to be our #1 CB

Rex took the blame 6 months later

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

That was point I was making . We traded him he didn’t leave us. 

Revis wanted to stay but he wanted insane money and Tannenbomb put us in cap hell

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Biggs said:

Sherman was never the "Best" man to man cover corner in the league.  Sherman was a great CB on an all around great D.  He was a playmaker but he wasn't the best cover corner guy ever.  Revis was miles better and Patrick Peterson was always a better man to man cover corner. 

Sherman unlike the other two was able to freelance because the overall D around him was terrific.  He's amazingly smart and he was able to make a lot of plays because he didn't have to be a great man to man cover corner.  

Petterson has been an amazing man to man cover corner.  He was never as good as Revis and was always better than Sherman. 

Absolutely disagree.  2012-2014 Sherman was the best cover corner in the nfl

I lived in Seattle and watched plenty of him there was nobody better during that span including Revis

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Revis really shouldn’t talk.  He basically robbed us his second tenure here.  Yes it was an awful mistake by Macc but I really didn’t think Revis would use us as his early retirement considering all the time he spent here.  But I guess I should t be surprised with all the holdouts he had lol

Revis essentially quit after it became obvious to him Bowles was an empty suit who left him on an island with Watkins in the biggest game of the year and it was obvious he couldn’t cover him

Revis didn’t get over being made the scapegoat of that team

On 1/22/2020 at 9:09 AM, nyjunc said:

Revis is the best player in Jets history and he's right about Sherman.  Both are/were great but revis far and away was better

Namath, Curtis Martin, Kevin Mawae say hi

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

You're right. Which is why Revis basically folding later on in his career made no sense. The legacy corners all carved out niches and we're able to play at a relatively high level into their 30's. Ronde, Charles and Rod Woodson were all starting productive players in their mid 30's. Looking back at Revis you just wonder what the hell happened. He was so good and just flipped a switch and said nah.

Bowles deserves a lot of the blame for Revis essentially quiting 

On 1/21/2020 at 10:20 AM, Lith said:

Now Revis and Cro getting into it.

Like wtf

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company