prime21

Revis talking smack

Darrelle:

No Hall Of Fame for you. And Jets fans rejoice about that.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Revis was arguably the greatest positional player who ever was drafted and played for the NY Jets.  Lawrence Taylor is arguably the greatest player to ever play for a NY NFL Franchise.  Neither one of them were great guys.  Taylor is arguably one of the all time dirtbags in NFL history. Greatest player the city ever had.

The Jets D when Revis was in his prime was built around his ability to create a severe mismatch on the single best receiver on every team we faced.  It allowed our D to use numbers to take away other teams strengths and it worked.  You can't ignore the results of the D when Revis was in the lineup playing at an absolutely elite level.   He's a slam dunk HOF player.

The Jets have had very few outright dominating players in the history of this franchise.  Revis was not only one of them, he was arguably the best and that includes Namath and Al Toon who I consider one of a very small group of elite players this team ever drafted.   

meviis.jpg

How did having Revis take away 1/3 of the field help them when opposing quarterbacks had a field day against the other 2/3's?  It's like saying your car has the greatest front left tire ever created by the industry but you're sliding all over the place because the other three tires are just average.

Revis played well.  He was no Hall Of Famer.  And, FYI, his behavior is anything but HOF worthy.

Holdouts.  Forcing his way off teams.  Quitting on teams.  Quitting on plays.  "Mevis Island".  Acting like a child on Twitter.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

The HOF isn't a team award.  

loserevis-zpse91f4519.jpg

SAR I

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company