Revis talking smack

prime21

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

And he’s not wrong. Sherman is a read corner. He plays zone and reads and reacts. He cannot play man coverage nearly as good. Yeah the Packers lost but Adams went off for like 8 catches and 118 yards. Revis wouldn’t of let him do that in his hay days

Revis would have shut him down, but every other received would have gone off. Revis was useless to us. A novelty at best, a product of Rex Ryan hype at worst.

Eff him, talking greasy from the sofa.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Revis is right though.   Sherman is vastly overrated as a CB.  I'm not saying is bad but he has been semi protected most of his career and is not remotely in the league of a revis or some of the other great shut down cbs.

There was a time you could not throw deep against  Sherman. He's  a bit slower now so every so often he gets beat but the giy while on Seattle was arguably  the best. 

6 hours ago, chirorob said:

Revis in his prime was better than Sherman.  Revis's prime was way shorter than Sherman's, and he proved his character and integrity after he got paid, got really fat, and didn't even try.

Meanwhile, sherman gives the 49ers what they paid for, years after Revis Island closed up shop, and is going for another ring.

Revis had 3 Great years and was never the kind of guy to make big plays as consistently as Sherman. Also Sherman is still playing well into his 30's when Revis basically embarrassed himself to the point it destroyed his legacy with his own fans.

Revis should probably just STFU 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Revis would have shut him down, but every other received would have gone off. Revis was useless to us. A novelty at best, a product of Rex Ryan hype at worst.

Eff him, talking greasy from the sofa.

What made Revis great was the pressure that defense (Rex's) applied on the QB Revis did not have to worry about the deep ball and only had to cover in a 2 second window. As soon as Revis had to cover the entire field, not just that ten yard window, he was torched and it was evident.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

Dudes talking out there ass in this thread . Revis only good for 3 years Lmaoo . He didn’t make plays? like he didn’t lead the league in turnovers in his 9th year .  Like he didn’t have the best season ever for corner in 09.. 

the way hate turns into lies is hilarious. These 2 been going at it for years really nothing to see here. There both great at what they do . Just different styles. 

if you want to hate him for making most money out of his career so be it. To pretend he was only good 3 years is a joke 

No actually you are talking out of your ass . Revis last 3 years with the Jets (when he came back from his NE Superbowl) were robbery he had 9 , 5 and 2 passes defensed those last 3 years in that order. His first year back he was good (which was his 9th year ) he had 5 ints and 4 recovered fumbles he FORCED NO fumbles they were just recoveries.  His own teammates said he was a slouch especially that last year when he got Torched and embarrassed in Buffalo when we needed him most.

He will be judged on his first 5 years as a Jet because he stunk in Tampa and he was ordinary in NE before he came back to his cash cow moron Macc in NY.

The guy never cared about the team concept all he ever cared about was himself and his money and everyone knew it. I don't blame him for going after the money but once he got it the guy went into camps out of shape and turned a possible HOF career into a Joke because the guy was never in shape I'll bet as far back when he first went to Tampa. Great players extend their careers with hard work Revis had no interest in doing that and it was Obvious.

Now if that was not enough he's got bad sh*t to say about a guy (Sherman) about to go to the SB a guy who deserves to go to the HOF. The guy has no class and I will NEVER put him up there with guys like Klecko, Hill, Walker, Toon, Mehl, Fields, Powell, Rasmussen, Namath, MArtin (many more to name) ...he's not a  team player and never was. 

I loved Revis when he had his great years here as a NY Jet but now all the guy does is make a fool of himself . I hope Sherman does not respond to this current moronic comment by Revis. Hilarious a guy who just squandered his talent late in his career has to sh*t talk a guy who's still making it happen long after Revis fell off the clif

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

No actually you are talking out of your ass . Revis last 3 years with the Jets (when he came back from his NE Superbowl) were robbery he had 9 , 5 and 2 passes defensed those last 3 years in that order. His first year back he was good (which was his 9th year ) he had 5 ints and 4 recovered fumbles he FORCED NO fumbles they were just recoveries.  His own teammates said he was a slouch especially that last year when he got Torched and embarrassed in Buffalo when we needed him most.

He will be judged on his first 5 years as a Jet because he stunk in Tampa and he was ordinary in NE before he came back to his cash cow moron Macc in NY.

The guy never cared about the team concept all he ever cared about was himself and his money and everyone knew it. I don't blame him for going after the money but once he got it the guy went into camps out of shape and turned a possible HOF career into a Joke because the guy was never in shape I'll bet as far back when he first went to Tampa. Great players extend their careers with hard work Revis had no interest in doing that and it was Obvious.

Now if that was not enough he's got bad sh*t to say about a guy (Sherman) about to go to the SB a guy who deserves to go to the HOF. The guy has no class and I will NEVER put him up there with guys like Klecko, Hill, Walker, Toon, Mehl, Fields, Powell, Rasmussen, Namath, MArtin (many more to name) ...he's not a  team player and never was. 

I loved Revis when he had his great years here as a NY Jet but now all the guy does is make a fool of himself . I hope Sherman does not respond to this current moronic comment by Revis. Hilarious a guy who just squandered his talent late in his career has to sh*t talk a guy who's still making it happen long after Revis fell off the clif

Who is talking about his last 3 years we know he was washed up for the 2nd jets run and chiefs . Dude was good from his 2nd year up until 2014 when he help the pats win.  Please spare me the rest of the BS. His year in Tampa he was fresh off his ACL injury. And they played a heavy amount of cover 2. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, DLJ said:

Revis sounds really bitter

Wasted potential is hard to deal with but it's his own fault and he can thank his fat uncle Gilbert (Sherman has more tackles than DT Gilbert) 

Revis would have been the GOAT if he had the integrity and leadership of Sherman

Revis had more talent (hence bitterness) but Sherman and Revis have very similar career stats 

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Dudes talking out there ass in this thread . Revis only good for 3 years Lmaoo . He didn’t make plays? like he didn’t lead the league in turnovers in his 9th year .  Like he didn’t have the best season ever for corner in 09.. 

the way hate turns into lies is hilarious. These 2 been going at it for years really nothing to see here. There both great at what they do . Just different styles. 

if you want to hate him for making most money out of his career so be it. To pretend he was only good 3 years is a joke 

Exactly. Sherman began talking smack at Revis years and years ago saying he was better than him. Back then Revis was dumbfounded why Sherman was essentially attacking him for no reason - Revis had never said anything negative about him.

Also no small thing: as Mevi$ as Revis got nailed for - 1) do any of us try to bargain for less $ in our profession? Owners make many millions and sometimes billions in the case of an old AFL family the Raiders’ Davis family and players shouldn’t try maxing out their value? 2) like each new great at a position Revis helped raise the salary for those who followed, such as Sherman. 

Both great corners, but as someone said Revis at his apex was better than Sherman’s zenith. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Revis is such a turd. He was by far my favorite jet during 2009-2010 because what he was doing was historic. I could not have pictured such a fall from grace and going to the Patriots of all teams. He is a traitor and completely gave up on playing with his late career joke of a performance. F him. 

How could he be a traitor when we traded him to a bad team and left him for dead coming off his ACL injury ? Now Granted it was due to ridiculous amount of bad contracts Tanny had on books.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Exactly. Sherman began talking smack at Revis years and years ago saying he was better than him. Back then Revis was dumbfounded why Sherman was essentially attacking him for no reason - Revis had never said anything negative about him.

Also no small thing: as Mevi$ as Revis got nailed for - 1) do any of us try to bargain for less $ in our profession? Owners make many millions and sometimes billions in the case of an old AFL family the Raiders’ Davis family and players shouldn’t try maxing out their value? 2) like each new great at a position Revis helped raise the salary for those who followed, such as Sherman. 

Both great corners, but as someone said Revis at his apex was better than Sherman’s zenith. 

Mark Gastineau had a pretty impressive apex too. There have been plenty of corners who were able to make the transition later in their careers and remain productive. Revis basically giving up will always be a cloud and I think he’s coming to grips with how the back end of his career played out.

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

“Your opinions are opinions, my opinions are facts!!!”

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, chirorob said:

Revis in his prime was better than Sherman.  Revis's prime was way shorter than Sherman's, and he proved his character and integrity after he got paid, got really fat, and didn't even try.

Meanwhile, sherman gives the 49ers what they paid for, years after Revis Island closed up shop, and is going for another ring.

This.

59 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

How could he be a traitor when we traded him to a bad team and left him for dead coming off his ACL injury ? Now Granted it was due to ridiculous amount of bad contracts Tanny had on books.

I understand it’s a business etc. but it’s the Patriots. He is forever tainted in my eyes. 

Revis is probably the best position player the Jets ever had.  He was great.  He was a mercenary and he's a rich bitter guy who's irrelevant.

Richard Sherman isn't as good a CB as Revis.  Richard Sherman is a team player, a team leader and he's having fun.  He's also one of the smartest guys in the NFL.  

Revis will be in the NFL HOF.  Sherman will be in the NFL HOF and the HOF of life.  

• Upvote 1