Jump to content

Revis talking smack


prime21
 Share

Recommended Posts

Revis lost me as a fan the year in training camp when he grandstanded for a new, revised, contract.  He walked off the field one day complaining of dizziness.  Later,he admitted that it was just a ploy to put pressure on Jet management.  To me, that's the mark of a shill, fraud and POS.  Revis=all me, all the time.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Revis could have been a legend around here, number retired, Jets hall of fame - Beloved wherever he went, did whatever he wanted...probably would have made more over the course of his lifetime than the few million more he made leaving the Jets.

Instead he chose the route he chose, made a few million more and is now entirely irrelevant.

 

 

He didn’t leave the jets . We traded him to bucs for pick that was used on Sheldon Richardson 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

And he’s not wrong. Sherman is a read corner. He plays zone and reads and reacts. He cannot play man coverage nearly as good. Yeah the Packers lost but Adams went off for like 8 catches and 118 yards. Revis wouldn’t of let him do that in his hay days

Sherman in his prime could do everything you just described.  He got old and injured and is a serviceable zone guy now but in his prime which lasted about 4 years he was the best man to man cover corner in the league

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He didn’t leave the jets . We traded him to bucs for pick that was used on Sheldon Richardson 

And then when Rex wanted to sign him in early 2014 and Revis wanted back Idzik and Woody said nah we’re good with D’Mitri Patterson 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

revis just needs to let it go.  had he stayed in shape when he was re-signed by the jets his legacy would've been set.  now it's somewhat sullied because to stay good enough.  as for sherman, he was a bit of a punk when he was with seattle but got a bit humbled when he went to the noners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Mark Gastineau had a pretty impressive apex too. There have been plenty of corners who were able to make the transition later in their careers and remain productive. Revis basically giving up will always be a cloud and I think he’s coming to grips with how the back end of his career played out.

Matt I don't think he's coming to grips with anything because I don't think he really cares. By bashing Sherman and comparing the 2 players hes taking the punk route rather than the route of hard work he wants to still be relevant and he's failed miserably. I think his first 5 years screamed HOF then he fell off a cliff so high he might have actually ruined ruined that chance. Part of being a HOF player is more than just half a career. 

Think how a guy Like Joe Klecko must feel a guy who worked his ass off through multiple Injuries to still make the pro-bowl late in his career yet get snubbed on The HOF because they didn't count sacks for his first 5 years in the NFL years that saw him get 20 1/2 and 19 sacks in 2 of those years and the year he had 20 1/2 sacks he also had 107 Tackles which is unheard of by a Defensive lineman. 

If I had to choose between the 2 it's Klecko and its not even close.  Klecko may have had the greatest year as a DE in the history of the Game just like Revis' 09 ...Similar in a lot of ways but Klecko lost his shot due to injury Revis because hes a damn slouch.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not a chance.

He never made big plays.  His biggest contribution was not having the ball thrown in his direction.  How do you judge let alone reward someone who opponents ignored?

Second, he was an awful person, a terrible teammate, someone who irritated ownership with his constant selfish contract demands.  That stuff matters.

How any Jets fan can defend this awful mess of a human being is beyond me.  He quit on us to run to the Bucs and Pats, and, unforgivably, he quit on us on the field, I remember those games where he avoided contact, deliberately ran away from a tackle or pretended to be hurt.  He didn't fool me.  Didn't fool season ticket holders either.  He didn't get an ovation at MetLife this year either.  Fans hate the guy.

SAR I

Revis was arguably the greatest positional player who ever was drafted and played for the NY Jets.  Lawrence Taylor is arguably the greatest player to ever play for a NY NFL Franchise.  Neither one of them were great guys.  Taylor is arguably one of the all time dirtbags in NFL history. Greatest player the city ever had.

The Jets D when Revis was in his prime was built around his ability to create a severe mismatch on the single best receiver on every team we faced.  It allowed our D to use numbers to take away other teams strengths and it worked.  You can't ignore the results of the D when Revis was in the lineup playing at an absolutely elite level.   He's a slam dunk HOF player.

The Jets have had very few outright dominating players in the history of this franchise.  Revis was not only one of them, he was arguably the best and that includes Namath and Al Toon who I consider one of a very small group of elite players this team ever drafted.   

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Sherman in his prime could do everything you just described.  He got old and injured and is a serviceable zone guy now but in his prime which lasted about 4 years he was the best man to man cover corner in the league

Sherman was never the "Best" man to man cover corner in the league.  Sherman was a great CB on an all around great D.  He was a playmaker but he wasn't the best cover corner guy ever.  Revis was miles better and Patrick Peterson was always a better man to man cover corner. 

Sherman unlike the other two was able to freelance because the overall D around him was terrific.  He's amazingly smart and he was able to make a lot of plays because he didn't have to be a great man to man cover corner.  

Petterson has been an amazing man to man cover corner.  He was never as good as Revis and was always better than Sherman. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Revis was arguably the greatest positional player who ever was drafted and played for the NY Jets.  Lawrence Taylor is arguably the greatest player to ever play for a NY NFL Franchise.  Neither one of them were great guys.  Taylor is arguably one of the all time dirtbags in NFL history. Greatest player the city ever had.

The Jets D when Revis was in his prime was built around his ability to create a severe mismatch on the single best receiver on every team we faced.  It allowed our D to use numbers to take away other teams strengths and it worked.  You can't ignore the results of the D when Revis was in the lineup playing at an absolutely elite level.   He's a slam dunk HOF player.

The Jets have had very few outright dominating players in the history of this franchise.  Revis was not only one of them, he was arguably the best and that includes Namath and Al Toon who I consider one of a very small group of elite players this team ever drafted.   

 

meviis.jpg

How did having Revis take away 1/3 of the field help them when opposing quarterbacks had a field day against the other 2/3's?  It's like saying your car has the greatest front left tire ever created by the industry but you're sliding all over the place because the other three tires are just average.

Revis played well.  He was no Hall Of Famer.  And, FYI, his behavior is anything but HOF worthy.

Holdouts.  Forcing his way off teams.  Quitting on teams.  Quitting on plays.  "Mevis Island".  Acting like a child on Twitter.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Matt I don't think he's coming to grips with anything because I don't think he really cares. By bashing Sherman and comparing the 2 players hes taking the punk route rather than the route of hard work he wants to still be relevant and he's failed miserably. I think his first 5 years screamed HOF then he fell off a cliff so high he might have actually ruined ruined that chance. Part of being a HOF player is more than just half a career. 

Think how a guy Like Joe Klecko must feel a guy who worked his ass off through multiple Injuries to still make the pro-bowl late in his career yet get snubbed on The HOF because they didn't count sacks for his first 5 years in the NFL years that saw him get 20 1/2 and 19 sacks in 2 of those years and the year he had 20 1/2 sacks he also had 107 Tackles which is unheard of by a Defensive lineman. 

If I had to choose between the 2 it's Klecko and its not even close.  Klecko may have had the greatest year as a DE in the history of the Game just like Revis' 09 ...Similar in a lot of ways but Klecko lost his shot due to injury Revis because hes a damn slouch.

Klecko wasn't snubbed.  The reality is he played in an era when there were a lot of great DL men.  He was a borderline HOF player.  Other border line HOF defenders went in because they played on championship teams.  Lots of borderline HOF players are on the wrong side of the border.

I was glad to see Hill go in before Klecko.  Hill against what at the time was the most dominating defense in the NFL dominated in a championship game.  He was the best player on the field in the biggest game.  That's what should make a border line HOF player get in.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

meviis.jpg

How did having Revis take away 1/3 of the field help them when opposing quarterbacks had a field day against the other 2/3's?  It's like saying your car has the greatest front left tire ever created by the industry but you're sliding all over the place because the other three tires are just average.

Revis played well.  He was no Hall Of Famer.  And, FYI, his behavior is anything but HOF worthy.

Holdouts.  Forcing his way off teams.  Quitting on teams.  Quitting on plays.  "Mevis Island".  Acting like a child on Twitter.

SAR I

The HOF isn't a team award.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

The HOF isn't a team award.  

Revis will get in based off of his peak most likely. You see guys like both Woodson’s, Ronde Barber (Who somehow isn’t in) play at a high level into their 30’s it’s no wonder why Jets fans don’t look at Revis as an all timer. I mean he flat out gave up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Revis will get in based off of his peak most likely. You see guys like both Woodson’s, Ronde Barber (Who somehow isn’t in) play at a high level into their 30’s it’s no wonder why Jets fans don’t look at Revis as an all timer. I mean he flat out gave up.

Revis got hurt and never recovered.  No different than Gale Sayers or Terrell Davis.  Revis didn't play at a high level during his peak.  He played at the greatest of all time level at his peak.  Not that he was the greatest of all time. Night Train Lane would be in jail for playing like he did today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Revis got hurt and never recovered.  No different than Gale Sayers or Terrell Davis.  Revis didn't play at a high level during his peak.  He played at the greatest of all time level at his peak. 

You could make the same case for Gastineau.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You could make the same case for Gastineau.

No doubt his 82, 83 and 84 season were dominating as far as pass rush.  We still didn't have great defenses.  He was terrible at setting the edge.  When Revis was playing great the Jets defense was playing great.  Gastineau was a 1 trick pony.  He wasn't the best DL man on the team let alone the league. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Revis lost me as a fan the year in training camp when he grandstanded for a new, revised, contract.  He walked off the field one day complaining of dizziness.  Later,he admitted that it was just a ploy to put pressure on Jet management.  To me, that's the mark of a shill, fraud and POS.  Revis=all me, all the time.

Get ready for the downvote or butt fumble from the young fans who don't have any work ethic.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Biggs said:

No doubt his 82, 83 and 84 season were dominating as far as pass rush.  We still didn't have great defenses.  He was terrible at setting the edge.  When Revis was playing great the Jets defense was playing great.  Gastineau was a 1 trick pony.  He wasn't the best DL man on the team let alone the league. 

Revis dogging it during his second stint is facts though. That carries weight in terms of overall legacy. He stopped trying. Bowles was such a terrible hire. Mo, Richardson, Revis, Trumiane just all mailing it in.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Revis dogging it during his second stint is facts though. That carries weight in terms of overall legacy. He stopped trying. Bowles was such a terrible hire. Mo, Richardson, Revis, Trumiane just all mailing it in.

Everything carries weight.  Harry Carson and Curtis Martin never were the best at their position but they had a legacy over years.  If the HOF only put the best of the best in and they had to do it for the entirety of their career, Jerry Rice and Jim Brown would be sitting alone at the HOF ceremony.   Agree it doesn't help his legacy.  That said I still think he was the best single positional player the Jets every had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Not a chance.

He never made big plays.  His biggest contribution was not having the ball thrown in his direction.  How do you judge let alone reward someone who opponents ignored?

Second, he was an awful person, a terrible teammate, someone who irritated ownership with his constant selfish contract demands.  That stuff matters.

How any Jets fan can defend this awful mess of a human being is beyond me.  He quit on us to run to the Bucs and Pats, and, unforgivably, he quit on us on the field, I remember those games where he avoided contact, deliberately ran away from a tackle or pretended to be hurt.  He didn't fool me.  Didn't fool season ticket holders either.  He didn't get an ovation at MetLife this year either.  Fans hate the guy.

SAR I

Yep, no need for me to write anything. Summed up nicely.

  • Sympathy 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Revis could have been a legend around here, number retired, Jets hall of fame - Beloved wherever he went, did whatever he wanted...probably would have made more over the course of his lifetime than the few million more he made leaving the Jets.

Instead he chose the route he chose, made a few million more and is now entirely a POS.

 

 

Fixed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Not a chance.

He never made big plays.  His biggest contribution was not having the ball thrown in his direction.  How do you judge let alone reward someone who opponents ignored?

Second, he was an awful person, a terrible teammate, someone who irritated ownership with his constant selfish contract demands.  That stuff matters.

How any Jets fan can defend this awful mess of a human being is beyond me.  He quit on us to run to the Bucs and Pats, and, unforgivably, he quit on us on the field, I remember those games where he avoided contact, deliberately ran away from a tackle or pretended to be hurt.  He didn't fool me.  Didn't fool season ticket holders either.  He didn't get an ovation at MetLife this year either.  Fans hate the guy.

SAR I

I am with you 100 percent except I think there is a chance he is 1st ballot.  The voters generally don't give a crap about most of what you wrote but any HONEST Jets fan, after reading what you wrote , must acknowledge that you speak the truth.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...