Revis talking smack

prime21

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

You can't ignore the results of the D when Revis was in the lineup playing at an absolutely elite level.   

We couldn't get a stop when it mattered.    We gave up 24 unanswered points in 2 consecutive AFCC games, countless 4th quarter losses.   I don't deny his talent, just he is a scumbag as a person and teammate.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Revis really shouldn’t talk.  He basically robbed us his second tenure here.  Yes it was an awful mistake by Macc but I really didn’t think Revis would use us as his early retirement considering all the time he spent here.  But I guess I should t be surprised with all the holdouts he had lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

We couldn't get a stop when it mattered.    We gave up 24 unanswered points in 2 consecutive AFCC games, countless 4th quarter losses.   I don't deny his talent, just he is a scumbag as a person and teammate.

We also scored 0 between those 24 unanswered points in 2 consecutive AFCC games.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Watkins and Hopkins bothe smoked his old arse so bad it was pathetic...

Hopkins had a 72 yard TD pass against him a couple years ago when he was with Seattle, but it was hardly due to getting smoked; he was blocked out of the play by a guard (a good block but also half a second shy of being a pick play) after a screen pass at the LOS, and after being blocked by a 300-pounder no one is catching Hopkins when he gets that much of a head start. Unless there's another, which is possible.

I think you mean Adams not Watkins. It was the first 20+ yard reception he'd given up all season long. And more importantly, the game was already over by then - SF had a 21 point lead 5 min into the 4th quarter - and it still required a perfect throw plus an over the shoulder catch; it happens. You think 31 year-old Revis is breaking that pass up? FFS he gave up 2 long TDs - in the same game - against the great Marquise Goodwin and Greg freaking Salas. 

I'm sure Sherman's given up touchdowns; no one claims his whole career was 2009-Revis, but neither was Revis's career. But Sherman's also a bit past his prime now in his 30s, and honestly after the unceremonious way his career ended - and how he got beat a whole lot more - Revis really shouldn't be trash talking anyone.

Revis was a great, great player once - at his very best, he was the best ever - but that was a long time ago. Now? He could just be quiet. 

I don't give a crap about Sherman personally, but he's put together a great career and it seems pretty classless for Revis to trash talk him from his sofa. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

That’s not it at all.  I respect everyone’s opinions even if I don’t agree. But What’s the point in trying to rewrite history? 

Indisting it’s ‘rewriting history’ absolutely implies that your take on it, is fact. Perhaps these are just folks that don’t believe he was as great as you do... therefore it’s opinions vs. opinions.

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hopkins had a 72 yard TD pass against him a couple years ago when he was with Seattle, but it was hardly due to getting smoked; he was blocked out of the play by a guard (a good block but also half a second shy of being a pick play) after a screen pass at the LOS, and after being blocked by a 300-pounder no one is catching Hopkins when he gets that much of a head start. Unless there's another, which is possible.

I think you mean Adams not Watkins. It was the first 20+ yard reception he'd given up all season long. And more importantly, the game was already over by then - SF had a 21 point lead 5 min into the 4th quarter - and it still required a perfect throw plus an over the shoulder catch; it happens. You think 31 year-old Revis is breaking that pass up? FFS he gave up 2 long TDs - in the same game - against the great Marquise Goodwin and Greg freaking Salas. 

I'm sure Sherman's given up touchdowns; no one claims his whole career was 2009-Revis, but neither was Revis's career. But Sherman's also a bit past his prime now in his 30s, and honestly after the unceremonious way his career ended - and how he got beat a whole lot more - Revis really shouldn't be trash talking anyone.

Revis was a great, great player once - at his very best, he was the best ever - but that was a long time ago. Now? He could just be quiet. 

I don't give a crap about Sherman personally, but he's put together a great career and it seems pretty classless for Revis to trash talk him from his sofa. 

i was tawking about revis getting smoked in revis last year

To be fair Richard Sherman started this YEARS ago. Surprised I remembered this and even more surprised I found it.

Sherman did this unprompted and basically on his own when Revis was in his prime.  Revis has probably always been bothered an inferior “scheme only” player like Sherman is uttered in the same breath as him.

However I feel about Revis as a selfish guy.  His 2009 and 2010 seasons are holy.  The single greatest individual seasons of a Jet in my lifetime and I was around for the Sack Exchange

19 hours ago, Biggs said:

Sherman was never the "Best" man to man cover corner in the league.  Sherman was a great CB on an all around great D.  He was a playmaker but he wasn't the best cover corner guy ever.  Revis was miles better and Patrick Peterson was always a better man to man cover corner. 

Sherman unlike the other two was able to freelance because the overall D around him was terrific.  He's amazingly smart and he was able to make a lot of plays because he didn't have to be a great man to man cover corner.  

Petterson has been an amazing man to man cover corner.  He was never as good as Revis and was always better than Sherman. 

Absolutely disagree.  2012-2014 Sherman was the best cover corner in the nfl

I lived in Seattle and watched plenty of him there was nobody better during that span including Revis

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Revis really shouldn’t talk.  He basically robbed us his second tenure here.  Yes it was an awful mistake by Macc but I really didn’t think Revis would use us as his early retirement considering all the time he spent here.  But I guess I should t be surprised with all the holdouts he had lol

Revis essentially quit after it became obvious to him Bowles was an empty suit who left him on an island with Watkins in the biggest game of the year and it was obvious he couldn’t cover him

Revis didn’t get over being made the scapegoat of that team

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

Now Revis and Cro getting into it.

It's amazing that Jets team managed to co-exist, with the number of "large personalities" on the team.

Getting all those egos to buy in and put the team first was Rex's greatest skill.

3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

It's amazing that Jets team managed to co-exist, with the number of "large personalities" on the team.

Getting all those egos to buy in and put the team first was Rex's greatest skill.

No doubt. A locker room is divided to begin with O/D. When one side isn't playing up to snuff it takes a lot to keep the team together.

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Absolutely disagree.  2012-2014 Sherman was the best cover corner in the nfl

I lived in Seattle and watched plenty of him there was nobody better during that span including Revis

He didn't make the NFL 100.  Both Revis and Patrick Peterson did.  I get it Sherman was fantastic on a team loaded with great defenders.  Peterson is often overlooked but the guy is flat out a great cover corner.  Sherman has been all pro twice, Peterson 3 times and Revis 4 times.

It's all opinion.  I can't say anything bad about Sherman he was terrific.  I was a season ticket holder in AZ.  Sherman and Seattle regularly kicked our ass in AZ.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He didn't make the NFL 100.  Both Revis and Patrick Peterson did.  I get it Sherman was fantastic on a team loaded with great defenders.  Peterson is often overlooked but the guy is flat out a great cover corner.  Sherman has been all pro twice, Peterson 3 times and Revis 4 times.

It's all opinion.  I can't say anything bad about Sherman he was terrific.  I was a season ticket holder in AZ.  Sherman and Seattle regularly kicked our ass in AZ.  

I have seen people complain about posters using "our" to refer to the Jets players and staff.  Did you just use it to refer to the Arizona Cardinals?  **** you and the horse Neil Lomax rode in on!

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I have seen people complain about posters using "our" to refer to the Jets players and staff.  Did you just use it to refer to the Arizona Cardinals?  **** you and the horse Neil Lomax rode in on!

When I spend 5K on seats I'm a vested owner.  FYI 90% of the Cardinals season ticket holders are fans of other NFL teams.  There are 3 people who are actually from Arizona and their names all begin with Chief. 

• Upvote 1

Revis is a complete douche, this should be a surprise to no one.  In regards to the question of how great he truly was, the easiest way is to simply break down his career:

2007 - Very good season for a rookie, but some attempting to cite this season among his "HOF years" are really pushing it.  Started off with his first hold-out, that the Jets certainly deserve a share of the blame for in their insistence of it including a 6th year, but in return got massively overpaid for his slot, including up front guarantees and tons of additional bonuses given specifically to cement those 6 years.

2008 - Very good overall season, but ultimately part of a poor passing defense, primarily playing one side of the field in zone coverage.  No one even beginning to think HOF with this guy at the time.

2009 - Amazing season, there's no question about this from anyone whatsoever.  Followed #1 WRs all over the field and routinely shut them down.  Defense was incredible and he was one of the primary reasons why.

2010 - Faked an injury in the offseason in an attempt to refuse to practice while still getting paid, but got caught, so reverted to holdout half way through the contract he previously held out for and had already been paid lots of yet unearned bonuses.  After hold-out, showed up completely out of shape.  Started off the season poorly, until coming up with an injury directly related to his poor physical conditioning.  After returning from injury and in far better shape, stepped up big time and had a season that was definitely a reminder of what he was in 2009.

2011 - Great year, but not the level of 2009/2010.  Following around #1 WRs had already come to an end, as they routinely went with match-up strengths between Revis and Cro, with Cro often going up against the bigger/faster WRs, and Revis against the better route runners, regardless of which was the "top" guy.

2012 - Threatened hold-out #3, but was scared out of doing it because Tanny had one lone moment of brilliance by having clauses in the 2010 contract that would have totally screwed Revis had he held out.  Hurt in week 2 and done for the year.

2013 - Expressed interest in staying with the Jets, but of course in conjunction with wanting a new contract.  Jets trade him to Tampa for a 1st and 3rd.  Has a good but unremarkable season for a bad Bucs team with a mediocre defense, never following around #1 WRs anymore.

2014 - One year after the trade, Bucs overhaul their front office and coaching staff, who think Revis isn't worth the price, and he's outright cut, given a lack of offers for him and his contract.  Revis proceeds to sign with the Cheatriots, having himself a better season than his last few, but never used as any more than the CB playing his side of the field.  Cheatriots cheat their cheating ways to a cheater bowl.

2015 - Gets fat new contract from the Jets, and once again takes his new contract as motivation for poor physical conditioning, playing the entire season at a heavy weight.  Has an overall average season and lives the year mostly on past hype, but shows no signs he'll live up to his contract.

2016 - Absolutely horrific.  The already questionable conditioning gets worse, as he doesn't look like he should even be out of the field.  Terrible for the entire season and only keeps his job due to cost and image.  Routinely embarrassed out on the field.

2017 - Cut by Jets, and remains unemployed until November.  Chiefs sign him in hopes of a late season boost to their defense, and immediately regret it.  Revis becomes a league-wide joke, as the only time he shows up in the "highlights" is an embarrassingly level of play outright mocked by all, as he makes an active effort to not contribute.

2018 - Cut by the Chiefs.  Retires in July once he realizes no team in the league will ever pay him again.

Bottom line, he had a number of good years, but when it comes to the assertions of any over-the-top greatness, that really comes down to 2-3 seasons of a career that had as many seasons that fall under the "absolutely embarrassing" category.  The Jets, and its fans, owe absolutely nothing to a guy who viewed them as no more than a source of income, and purposefully failed to earn it on more than one occasion.  Since then, has also shown himself to be just as much of an intolerable douche even when there's no money involved, eradicating the "just business" excuse repeated by his apologists.

/rant

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Revis is a complete douche, this should be a surprise to no one.  In regards to the question of how great he truly was, the easiest way is to simply break down his career:

2007 - Very good season for a rookie, but some attempting to cite this season among his "HOF years" are really pushing it.  Started off with his first hold-out, that the Jets certainly deserve a share of the blame for in their insistence of it including a 6th year, but in return got massively overpaid for his slot, including up front guarantees and tons of additional bonuses given specifically to cement those 6 years.

2008 - Very good overall season, but ultimately part of a poor passing defense, primarily playing one side of the field in zone coverage.  No one even beginning to think HOF with this guy at the time.

2009 - Amazing season, there's no question about this from anyone whatsoever.  Followed #1 WRs all over the field and routinely shut them down.  Defense was incredible and he was one of the primary reasons why.

2010 - Faked an injury in the offseason in an attempt to refuse to practice while still getting paid, but got caught, so reverted to holdout half way through the contract he previously held out for and had already been paid lots of yet unearned bonuses.  After hold-out, showed up completely out of shape.  Started off the season poorly, until coming up with an injury directly related to his poor physical conditioning.  After returning from injury and in far better shape, stepped up big time and had a season that was definitely a reminder of what he was in 2009.

2011 - Great year, but not the level of 2009/2010.  Following around #1 WRs had already come to an end, as they routinely went with match-up strengths between Revis and Cro, with Cro often going up against the bigger/faster WRs, and Revis against the better route runners, regardless of which was the "top" guy.

2012 - Threatened hold-out #3, but was scared out of doing it because Tanny had one lone moment of brilliance by having clauses in the 2010 contract that would have totally screwed Revis had he held out.  Hurt in week 2 and done for the year.

2013 - Expressed interest in staying with the Jets, but of course in conjunction with wanting a new contract.  Jets trade him to Tampa for a 1st and 3rd.  Has a good but unremarkable season for a bad Bucs team with a mediocre defense, never following around #1 WRs anymore.

2014 - One year after the trade, Bucs overhaul their front office and coaching staff, who think Revis isn't worth the price, and he's outright cut, given a lack of offers for him and his contract.  Revis proceeds to sign with the Cheatriots, having himself a better season than his last few, but never used as any more than the CB playing his side of the field.  Cheatriots cheat their cheating ways to a cheater bowl.

2015 - Gets fat new contract from the Jets, and once again takes his new contract as motivation for poor physical conditioning, playing the entire season at a heavy weight.  Has an overall average season and lives the year mostly on past hype, but shows no signs he'll live up to his contract.

2016 - Absolutely horrific.  The already questionable conditioning gets worse, as he doesn't look like he should even be out of the field.  Terrible for the entire season and only keeps his job due to cost and image.  Routinely embarrassed out on the field.

2017 - Cut by Jets, and remains unemployed until November.  Chiefs sign him in hopes of a late season boost to their defense, and immediately regret it.  Revis becomes a league-wide joke, as the only time he shows up in the "highlights" is an embarrassingly level of play outright mocked by all, as he makes an active effort to not contribute.

2018 - Cut by the Chiefs.  Retires in July once he realizes no team in the league will ever pay him again.

Bottom line, he had a number of good years, but when it comes to the assertions of any over-the-top greatness, that really comes down to 2-3 seasons of a career that had as many seasons that fall under the "absolutely embarrassing" category.  The Jets, and its fans, owe absolutely nothing to a guy who viewed them as no more than a source of income, and purposefully failed to earn it on more than one occasion.  Since then, has also shown himself to be just as much of an intolerable douche even when there's no money involved, eradicating the "just business" excuse repeated by his apologists.

/rant

Dude is a douche, but you can't say he only had good years, when you yourself describe what you claim is his 3rd best season as great. 

I disagree with a bunch of this, but for the most part you are on the money if a bit over-critical.  You still describe a HOF career. 6 seasons in the top 100, 4 1st team all pro, (PFF had him 1st team in 2013 too).  The reason he didn't follow #1s in 2011 was because Cro was unable to handle quicker WR and did much better with long fast guys, even if they were technically better.  It certainly wasn't because he did a better job on them. Even in 2017 he wasn't as bad as people say.  I am pretty sure he had a decent PFF rating despite coming off his couch mid-season.  Manish ran a smear campaign showing him "give up" on Derrick Henry's run, but the 1st down was already gone.  Bad look and not 100% effort, but not a huge deal.  Mariota's self-TD was a lucky bounce after an excellent play by Revis. 

He made the teams he was on better.  Rex rolled with him in 2009, and 2010.  They were 2-0 when he got hurt in 2012.  Tampa sucked, but they were worse the next year under Lovie Smith.  I know New England is/was a dynasty, but they had not won a super bowl in a decade when Revis joined them.  Bowles records with Revis were 9-5 and 5-10.  That is better than Bowles did without him.  When he got to the Chiefs, they were on a 1-5 skid.  They went from 5-0 to 6-5.  They eased him in while losing to the Jets and won 4 straight to make it to the wild card. 

Sherman started the beef years ago. But Revis looks bad for saying anything right now.

Revis’ 3 year elite run was as good as any NFL player at their position, in the history of the league. Montana, Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Jim Brown, Reggie White, Tom Brady greatness.

Revis has always been a selfish douche and I can’t stand him.

10 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Sherman started the beef years ago. But Revis looks bad for saying anything right now.

Revis’ 3 year elite run was as good as any NFL player at their position, in the history of the league. Montana, Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Jim Brown, Reggie White, Tom Brady greatness.

Revis has always been a selfish douche and I can’t stand him.

I'll take what's a perfect response for 1,000 Alex. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1