The misery for Pat fans continues

3 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

9ers looking like the 2009 jets. not asking the qb to do much. rely on your d and runn game

Tennessee was the other '09 Jets, and the Chiefs took care of them. Should be a good Bowl. 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And what would be different for Brady and:or the Pats if the trade didn’t happen?  What’s the point?

He has a better chance of going back than Brady.
But really, in a couple of weeks could have same number of sb wins as Brady since the trade.
And a chance to go to a whole lot more.  Brady has no chance, is done while JG has a career ahead of him

Donr cry 

Wait..what? Sooo Jimmy G would of won those 2 SBs? You have prove of that?

He should have a better chance cause Brady is in his 40s  already won 6 and Jimmy G is in his 20s just appearing...keyword "appearing" right now..like what are u saying? When you type this..did you really look about both QBs accomplishments as you try hard to make a point?

Ha ha@ dont cry....sorry I am not a jet fan.

1 hour ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

He should have a better chance cause Brady is in his 40s  already won 6 and Jimmy G is in his 20s just appearing...keyword "appearing" right now..like what are u saying? When you type this..did you really look about both QBs accomplishments as you try hard to make a point?

Well that wasn't the question but here's an answer, who friggen knows?  I don't, you don't. 

What you're ignoring the main point in order to continue licking Brady's junk is Brady's done.  While Garapolo has 10 or more years of play while bandwagon Pats fans go back to rooting for the Giants and DJones.

Youre not a Jets fan.  But given how you seem interested in what the Jets do, seem to post here I'd say you just really want to be a Jets fan and unfortunately for you we're have standards.  Giant>Pats>Jets won't cut it. 

Dont cry.  I'll cry for you

2 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

You sure?

22 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

They traded away a SB QB to keep Brady. 

What a great day today is. 

Oh you mean Jimmy G. The guy the Jets let slip right through their fingers. Only the Jets would let QB after QB after Qb go on to greatness with other teams. Watson, Mahomes, Garrapolo. Let me count the ways. Luckily we got Sam but the Jets should look in the mirror rather than laugh at the Pats for trading away JImmy G. It was the right move at the right time for both. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Well that wasn't the question but here's an answer, who friggen knows?  I don't, you don't. 

What you're ignoring the main point in order to continue licking Brady's junk is Brady's done.  While Garapolo has 10 or more years of play while bandwagon Pats fans go back to rooting for the Giants and DJones.

Youre not a Jets fan.  But given how you seem interested in what the Jets do, seem to post here I'd say you just really want to be a Jets fan and unfortunately for you we're have standards.  Giant>Pats>Jets won't cut it. 

Dont cry.  I'll cry for you

Continue to make no sense..

You talking like I am against jimmy g...ha ha

does not bother me that Brady is just about done..he won titles and KEPT you and fans like yourself miserable...

So I am good. Rooting for Jimmy G....go get that ring! 

8 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

does not bother me that Brady is just about done..he won titles and KEPT you and fans like yourself miserable...

It apparently bothers you about Brady, that’s twice you brought it up.  I’m making perfect sense

12 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

The Op is pointing out the Pats are about to turn into the NFL’s version of the early 2000 Bulls

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It apparently bothers you about Brady, that’s twice you brought it up.  I’m making perfect sense

Yea..why am I bring up Brady when the thread is only referencing him...what am I thinking trying to be topical.

Your "try hards" are too funny and

Yea YOU would believe you are making sense.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

The Op is pointing out the Pats are about to turn into the NFL’s version of the early 2000 Bulls

Not with you guys still in the division(plus bb is still the coach)...its only been year 2 and you guys hate your head coach..ha ha this rebuild is going great!

12 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Yea..why am I bring up Brady when the thread is only referencing him...what am I thinking trying to be topical.

Not with you guys still in the division(plus bb is still the coach)...its only been year 2 and you guys hate your head coach..ha ha this rebuild is going great!

Youre reeling 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Cause they went to 2 more SB while that QB was out for the season and there is no guarantee he is going to win the SB or ever go back to one

And side note: if you watch the 9ers play this year, he is not doing much to help them win...

You mean he's  playing the way Brady played in last years SB?

13 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Don't  gove Brady so much credit for the state of the Jets

Bad ownership and GM's have done much more than anything Brady has ever done for credit to how poorly this team has played against the Pats. 

2 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Here is a fact that makes sense. 

The Jets have the most important piece in place to rebuild the team. Like it of not Darnold has what it takes to be the man. His forst uear he had to contend with injury and a HC who was possibly the worst the Jets ever had and that is saying something, this uear he had Mono and the Jets had more starters on IR probably than any other team along with have Gase as HC and he still managed to win 7 games in his short season. 

The Pats have no idea what the future is but whatever you might say it is goong to be, it won't  be enough for the majority  of the teams fans. I am actually hoping Brady returns. He has been declining for two years in a row. Three tiomes is a charm

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The fact that the Jets still cant find one....

The Pats drafted Drew Bledsoe (SB 1996), Tom Brady (9 SB's) and Jimmy G (SB 2019)

This is misery for the rest of us AFC East fans. 

This is not about the Jets mastery at screwing the pooch when it comes to drafting QB's, this is abour thebPats being in a position to dominate for at least another decade and their owner let his man crush on Brady prevent him from realizing that. Sure the Pats have had success  since Jimmy G was traded to the 9ers but all that is about to end

Brady may not even be on the Pats next season. They could have gladly let him leave, now they are looking into the QB abyss 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

This is not about the Jets mastery at screwing the pooch when it comes to drafting QB's, this is abour thebPats being in a position to dominate for at least another decade and their owner let his man crush on Brady prevent him from realizing that. Sure the Pats have had success  since Jimmy G was traded to the 9ers but all that is about to end

Brady may not even be on the Pats next season. They could have gladly let him leave, now they are looking into the QB abyss 

You missed the point. They drafted a SB caliber QB every decade, going back to Bledsoe. Their history has shown to be able to find their guy. 

I just don't see this misery. It comes off more as fans being hopeful of their misery.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

You mean he's  playing the way Brady played in last years SB?

I know you are trying real hard to let this be something to make jet fans feel good about. But if any pat fan is sick cause jimmy g is in the SB..cause " that could been uswith him"

They are just as foolish as this thread. All due respect.

And it's all good you have found your "franchise qb", but that's half the battle..what good is a franchise QB if you dont have any kind of team to build around him..

See..teams like the 9ers and the Pats last year could afford to have their QB do very little...cause they actually built a team around their QB...for the jets though...

That remains to be seen..I mean there are rumors about sending off your big name free agent in Bell...like that would be crazy..this board acted like it was xmas cuz you landed a name..and now in just a year..he might want to go someplace else..??

Like I said before...the Pats without Brady do not have to worry. They still have BB and a owner who let's football operations ppl handle that...even if it is trading away a capable replacement for brady...as it was said in here already..

It was the right thing to do at the time...I am not worry about this teams future.

I been a fan before Bledsoe got there and BB is still here..so I am good.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, slats said:

Tennessee was the other '09 Jets, and the Chiefs took care of them. Should be a good Bowl. 

The 09 Jets had a better defense than the Titans, but not quite as good of a running game. (Although, it was very good)

The 49ers are better than than the 09 Jets. They have a running game that is just as good or better, a much better defensive line and natural pass rush, and a much better QB. 

34 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You missed the point. They drafted a SB caliber QB every decade, going back to Bledsoe. Their history has shown to be able to find their guy. 

I just don't see this misery. It comes off more as fans being hopeful of their misery.

So basically you are saying the Pats knew what they had and let him go anyway because they can easily find SB caliber QB's?

23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

So basically you are saying the Pats knew what they had and let him go anyway because they can easily find SB caliber QB's?

Im saying that this "continuous misery" that Pats fans are allegedly experiencing is fictitious. 

As Jets fans we should know what misery is.

This comes off as wishful thinking, rather than actual reality.

43 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It's easy to find a SB caliber QB when you cheat all the time.

But I can totally seeing Pats fans are so spoiled that they believe they can easily find their next QB, because they can't even fathom the possibility that their team falls back in obscurity.

18 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

It's easy to find a SB caliber QB when you cheat all the time.

But I can totally seeing Pats fans are so spoiled that they believe they can easily find their next QB, because they can't even fathom the possibility that their team falls back in obscurity.

You saying that the 49er's are cheating right now???

38 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

I know you are trying real hard to let this be something to make jet fans feel good about. But if any pat fan is sick cause jimmy g is in the SB..cause " that could been uswith him"

They are just as foolish as this thread. All due respect.

And it's all good you have found your "franchise qb", but that's half the battle..what good is a franchise QB if you dont have any kind of team to build around him..

See..teams like the 9ers and the Pats last year could afford to have their QB do very little...cause they actually built a team around their QB...for the jets though...

That remains to be seen..I mean there are rumors about sending off your big name free agent in Bell...like that would be crazy..this board acted like it was xmas cuz you landed a name..and now in just a year..he might want to go someplace else..??

Like I said before...the Pats without Brady do not have to worry. They still have BB and a owner who let's football operations ppl handle that...even if it is trading away a capable replacement for brady...as it was said in here already..

It was the right thing to do at the time...I am not worry about this teams future.

I been a fan before Bledsoe got there and BB is still here..so I am good.

The person who is trying very hard in this exchange isn't me. 

If the Pats did not draft Brady, BB is not the HC of the Pats for more than 2 or 3 years before he gets fired. The Pats sucked with Bledsoe while BB was the HC and then went on to a SB with Brady so go ahead and tell yourself the Brady isn't that important. The Pats Looked awful late in the season this year and last. They could not compete with the elite teams, that was with this marvel of a team you built around said QB. 

You are not as bad off as the Jets, granted but I doubt you are the only unspoiled Pat fan I have encountered, being an also ran is not going to cut it.