The misery for Pat fans continues

More Cowbell

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im saying that this "continuous misery" that Pats fans are allegedly experiencing is fictitious. 

As Jets fans we should know what misery is.

This comes off as wishful thinking, rather than actual reality.

Yeah, sure. Keep telling yourself that. 

Did you look at the videos of them burning #12's jersey yet. I'm sure those fans are cool with all that has happened. 

On 1/20/2020 at 7:08 AM, GREENBEAN said:

Spoiled brats rarely appreciate anything. There are 10- 30 year old Pats fans who literally know nothing but the dynasty.  Their perspective on football in general is a way off. 

The point being made that somehow retaining Brady over Garopollo was a mistake that the Pats regret is just silly when they won two more rings since the trade.  Two Superbowl wins man. What does it take to call a move a success these days? 

When they reach 80 Jets fans will be able to relate to them. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/20/2020 at 9:08 AM, GREENBEAN said:

Spoiled brats rarely appreciate anything. There are 10- 30 year old Pats fans who literally know nothing but the dynasty.  Their perspective on football in general is a way off. 

The point being made that somehow retaining Brady over Garopollo was a mistake that the Pats regret is just silly when they won two more rings since the trade.  Two Superbowl wins man. What does it take to call a move a success these days? 

You talking about Yankee fans from the mid 2000’s or Patriot fans 😂🤣

• Upvote 1

On 1/20/2020 at 9:23 AM, Jet Nut said:

How does it change the fact that the Pats let go of a QB who is in the SB two years later while the QB they held onto might be taking his declining, bottom of the league game out west.

Umm, Brady still put up impressive numbers this season. His problem was his supporting cast - cumulatively they weren’t good. If/when Brady goes to a team with a strong supporting cast (including NE if they load up offensively), he’ll be lighting it up again. 

21 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

I know you are trying real hard to let this be something to make jet fans feel good about. But if any pat fan is sick cause jimmy g is in the SB..cause " that could been uswith him"

They are just as foolish as this thread. All due respect.

And it's all good you have found your "franchise qb", but that's half the battle..what good is a franchise QB if you dont have any kind of team to build around him..

See..teams like the 9ers and the Pats last year could afford to have their QB do very little...cause they actually built a team around their QB...for the jets though...

That remains to be seen..I mean there are rumors about sending off your big name free agent in Bell...like that would be crazy..this board acted like it was xmas cuz you landed a name..and now in just a year..he might want to go someplace else..??

Like I said before...the Pats without Brady do not have to worry. They still have BB and a owner who let's football operations ppl handle that...even if it is trading away a capable replacement for brady...as it was said in here already..

It was the right thing to do at the time...I am not worry about this teams future.

I been a fan before Bledsoe got there and BB is still here..so I am good.

Exactly re the Pats: hate saying it but I’ll believe they’re in trouble only when it happens. Be it under BB or a BB-handpicked successor. No doubt BB will aim to leave the Pats in good shape long term after he exits the scene. But before that: Pats were still very relevant ‘08 with Cassel at QB. If Stidham is the real deal the Pats will remain a serious factor. 

11 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Umm, Brady still put up impressive numbers this season. His problem was his supporting cast - cumulatively they weren’t good. If/when Brady goes to a team with a strong supporting cast (including NE if they load up offensively), he’ll be lighting it up again. 

Respectfully, I live in New England and I have watched virtually all of his games this year and in past years, and this was a remarkably bad year for him.  Even from the eyeball test he is fading, and I don't think it is just due to his surrounding cast.

His numbers show that he is moving toward becoming just another guy, when compared to the rest of the league or to the rest of his career.  This year he was  27th in the league in completion percentage, 27th in yards per attempt, 19th in QB rating, 17th in QBR.  It is fair to talk about supporting cast, but he has a history of making very ordinary supporting casts look very good, and of being near the top of all these statistical categories. 

Also comparing this year to his own past years, he had his lowest TD total in 12 years, his second lowest QB rating in 11 years and his lowest yards per attempt in 17 years.  Can he still play in the league?  Absolutely, but he is trending toward average.  And I wouldn't want to commit to him for three years and pay him 30+ mil per year.

49 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

If ypu couldn't  see for yourself Brady isn't  what he once was, I don't  know what to say. Many people have noticed this. Overall he played well early ans like crap for most of the secomd half

53 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Well we’ll see if he gets help or moves on to a better team.  I saw a QB who yes had less at his disposal wasn’t the same QB.  Not totally the supporting cast.  

3 hours ago, JetsLife said:

Exactly re the Pats: hate saying it but I’ll believe they’re in trouble only when it happens. Be it under BB or a BB-handpicked successor. No doubt BB will aim to leave the Pats in good shape long term after he exits the scene. But before that: Pats were still very relevant ‘08 with Cassel at QB. If Stidham is the real deal the Pats will remain a serious factor. 

BB will have a more aura of greatness if he leaves and the Pats suddenly go into the dumpster.