6 for 8 77 yards ?

Jetster

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Who did the Jets not give time to develop on the defensive line?!

Quinnen Williams is a bust . So was Nathan Shepard after his rookie year . Or Atleast so I was told on here. Mean while it took a guy like Arik Armstead 4 years to finally breakout . 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, BrickzNY said:

How about looking at the other side? Pat Mahomes threw the ball all over the place. There’s multiple ways to get there. You need the coach and the talent, period. If you don’t have both you won’t go to the Super Bowl. 

Agree 100%

• Upvote 2

I feel like we’re starting to see a resurgence in the run game in the NFL. Teams are beginning to realize you don’t need 20 yards a play through the air and a grind it out type game wins too, especially if you’re less talented. Teams like the Titans, 49ers, Seahawks, Cowboys, Bills, Ravens and Vikings all had good running games. Only one of those teams missed the playoffs and it was Dallas and I attribute that to a lack of good coaching because they have a plethora of good players. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I feel like we’re starting to see a resurgence in the run game in the NFL. Teams are beginning to realize you don’t need 20 yards a play through the air and a grind it out type game wins too, especially if you’re less talented. Teams like the Titans, 49ers, Seahawks, Cowboys, Bills, Ravens and Vikings all had good running games. Only one of those teams missed the playoffs and it was Dallas and I attribute that to a lack of good coaching because they have a plethora of good players. 

The rules still favor a passing offense. Can't ignore that.

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The problem is, he wasn’t actually on the field that much, because he missed six games for pissing dirty.

I’m not disputing this at all . But it doesn’t change the fact he played well with opportunities he was giving when he came back. Like I said even I had written him off. 

59 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

They picked 4 1st rd Dlinemen and gave them time to develop and traded for a edge. 

all things jets fans are against especially giving time to develop.

It's worse than that.  Even when our draft picks do develop, the first thing some Jet fans want is to trade him for more draft picks.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The rules still favor a passing offense. Can't ignore that.

That doesn’t mean you have to be a passing offense though. With a solid running game you can open up so much in the passing game and that’s when you become lethal because defenses don’t know what to stop. 

7 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

That doesn’t mean you have to be a passing offense though. With a solid running game you can open up so much in the passing game and that’s when you become lethal because defenses don’t know what to stop. 

How did that work out for Tn.?

It's  situational. If you are playi g a team that can't  stop it, you run. When KC stopped Henry in the 2nd half, Tn. Couldn't  keep up. GB couldn't  stop the run so why would ypu pass. Give the HC credit that he didn't  get cute and stuck with what worked

• Upvote 3

There's these crazy little things called "outliers".  That doesn't make that item a brilliant strategy for guaranteed success.  The Jets themselves had their last round of (lesser) success similarly dependent on D and the run game, in spite of their QB play, and have been terrible for a decade ever since that formula stopped working for them as a long-term plan, just as it's shown an inability to do in the league for a very, very long time now.

Meanwhile, Garoppolo just had himself a season that would be in contention for all-time best among Jets' QBs.  So there's that too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Well, actually, says a whole lot about coaching actually. You don’t just show up to a championship game and run all over a tough defense by accident. 

Agree with this - Coaching and Player development matter - UDFA Raheem Mostert was on the Jets practice squad in 2016 so we can't say the Jets need to draft a RB in the first round... 

The SF OL has 3 first round picks, a 7th round pick and UDFA since 2nd round C was injured during the season - 3 drafted and two FA OL they built that team from the trenches out

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

They picked 4 1st rd DL and gave them time to develop and traded for a edge. 

They also drafted 3 OL in the first round including the starting RT and LT (also traded for a former first round OL and signed FA 2nd round OL)

Jets have drafted or signed 0 first round OL in that same time period

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

They also drafted 3 OL in the first round including the starting RT and LT (also traded for a former first round OL and signed FA 2nd round OL)

Jets have drafted or signed 0 first round OL in that same time period

I think the hope is that Joe Douglas, a former o-lineman, recognizes the importance of building in the trenches. I would be very surprised if we didn't draft a lot of offensive and defensive lineman in the next three years.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think the hope is that Joe Douglas, a former o-lineman, recognizes the importance of building in the trenches. I would be very surprised if we didn't draft a lot of offensive and defensive lineman in the next three years.

Agree, that is my hope as well, also I think the DL is fine and will develop into a very good unit with some added pressure from the edge...

sounds like we both agree the OL needs help :)