6 for 8 77 yards ?

Jetster

7 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

On September 12, 2016, Mostert was released from the Jets' practice squad

Yesterday that same dude (Mostert) ran for 220 yards and 4 TD's against the Packers

speed without an OL goes nowhere, fast... 

Understood and not saying we don't need OL help but we need speed in the backfield change of pace we have Bell and no one. 

Not disparaging Bilal Powell but he's not the same player he was 5 years ago. 

Raheem Mostert also was released from the Eagles didn't JD come from the Eagles..EDIT Mostert was before JD 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Art of the Tank :) a subject for much debate the last couple of years LOL

Exactly!

Where are the all people who want to win meaningless games at the end the last two years?

Ill never forget the BUFF win. “It’s more important for Sam to get the comeback win (even though we won on a 4th and goal handoff)”. 

That cost us Nick Bosa. But hey, Sams resume says a comeback win so there’s that.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I’m not disputing this at all . But it doesn’t change the fact he played well with opportunities he was giving when he came back. Like I said even I had written him off. 

I actually think Shepherd is fine, particularly considering where he was picked. But he’s kind of an odd guy to cite if you’re looking for an example of “everyone said this guy was a bust but look at him now.” More to the point though, the one thing the Jets have done consistently over the past decade is spend first-round picks on defensive linemen and then wait for them to develop. Unfortunately, most have developed into crap.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I actually think Shepherd is fine, particularly considering where he was picked. But he’s kind of an odd guy to cite if you’re looking for an example of “everyone said this guy was a bust but look at him now.” More to the point though, the one thing the Jets have done consistently over the past decade is spend first-round picks on defensive linemen and then wait for them to develop. Unfortunately, most have developed into crap.

I agree overall but I think Mo and Sheldon where pretty good players that fell off for whatever reason . Well Mo did Atleast  especially once he got paid. 

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

How the fck did this team pick ahead of us last year 

I don't know whether to be disgusted or encouraged

As a number of us have been saying for a long time, the league is year to year. 

If you have a draft in which you are lucky enough to pick some impact players, complement them with some good value signings in FA, and stay relatively healthy, you can be right back in the thick of things within one year. 

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Yeah, the "That guy over there who started out slow ended up being a great player," examples do not make it the norm. Anecdotal evidence doesn't delete the overwhelming statistical evidence that most guys who do start out slow never grow into reliable starters (if they even make it through their rookie contracts without getting cut).

Drew Brees was benched most of his rookie year. Then he was ok. Then he sucked. Then he was pretty good. Then when he went to New Orleans he started rewriting passing records. This happening to him doesn't refute the reality that after a slow start a player is more likely to end up as Geno Smith than Drew Brees. Rare exceptions don't disprove the norm, otherwise they would be neither rare nor would we refer to them as exceptions. Just like, after getting cut at the NFL level, if spending time in the Arena League was actually such great QB training, there wouldn't have been just Kurt Warner plus nobody else before or after him. More likely they stayed as Rohan Davey or Joe Germaine types, unworthy of an NFL team's time investment. 

Hopefully Shepherd turns into a full time starter (though if he does it'll likely only be through injury to someone else if this year, or not until his 4th year if they let go of Anderson after his guaranteed $ is up, but then Shepherd will be a UFA after that season anyway, so that's not really ideal either). Maybe they could get him extended before he is on the field full time, based on GW liking what he sees off the field, like the Jets did with Pouha. That situation's similar also because they were both in the 25-26 year-old range as 3rd round rookie DTs. Then we might have something, as the early Pouha extension - which looked mindless at the time - ended up being one of the best early extensions the team's made since y2k passed. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah, the "That guy over there who started out slow ended up being a great player," examples do not make it the norm. Anecdotal evidence doesn't delete the overwhelming statistical evidence that most guys who do start out slow never grow into reliable starters (if they even make it through their rookie contracts without getting cut).

Drew Brees was benched most of his rookie year. Then he was ok. Then he sucked. Then he was pretty good. Then when he went to New Orleans he started rewriting passing records. This happening to him doesn't refute the reality that after a slow start a player is more likely to end up as Geno Smith than Drew Brees. Rare exceptions don't disprove the norm, otherwise they would be neither rare nor would we refer to them as exceptions. Just like, after getting cut at the NFL level, if spending time in the Arena League was actually such great QB training, there wouldn't have been just Kurt Warner plus nobody else before or after him. More likely they stayed as Rohan Davey or Joe Germaine types, unworthy of an NFL team's time investment. 

Hopefully Shepherd turns into a full time starter (though if he does it'll likely only be through injury to someone else if this year, or not until his 4th year if they let go of Anderson after his guaranteed $ is up, but then Shepherd will be a UFA after that season anyway, so that's not really ideal either). Maybe if they could get him extended before he is on the field full time, based on GW liking what he sees off the field, like the Jets did with Pouha. That situation's similar also because they were both in the 25-26 year-old range as 3rd round rookie DTs. Then we might have something, as the early Pouha extension - which looked mindless at the time - ended up being one of the best early extensions the team's made since y2k passed. 

What do you mean? Look someone wins the lottery all the time so it's a sound financial investment to buy all the lottery tickets possible.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I feel like we’re starting to see a resurgence in the run game in the NFL. Teams are beginning to realize you don’t need 20 yards a play through the air and a grind it out type game wins too, especially if you’re less talented. Teams like the Titans, 49ers, Seahawks, Cowboys, Bills, Ravens and Vikings all had good running games. Only one of those teams missed the playoffs and it was Dallas and I attribute that to a lack of good coaching because they have a plethora of good players. 

Your seeing a resurgence in the run game because for the past 10 years defenses have been getting smaller and smaller and faster and faster to compete with the spread out air attack of the high powered offenses. Now that all the defenses are designed to keep up with the passing game, coaches are building a big strong running offense to go undersized defenses. Everything in the NFL is cyclical, and one side changes, the other side adapts. 

This isn't coaches deciding nah, throwing the ball deep in chunk plays isnt cool, its that the entire NFL has adapted to that so now the next turn in the cycle is happening. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Well, actually, says a whole lot about coaching actually. You don’t just show up to a championship game and run all over a tough defense by accident. 

Running is running, are you claiming Rex was a genius or he had a HELLUVA AN OLINE?

5 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

Exactly!

Where are the all people who want to win meaningless games at the end the last two years?

Ill never forget the BUFF win. “It’s more important for Sam to get the comeback win (even though we won on a 4th and goal handoff)”. 

That cost us Nick Bosa. But hey, Sams resume says a comeback win so there’s that.....

And the worst part of it all? The since CUT Eli McGuire had his usual trip over his own feet moment & bubbled & stumbled into the endzone so the Jets lost out on Nick Bosa, lol. How much better is this defense with Nick Bosa?

I remember when he stumbled, I was like GO DOWN, and then the Bills player took a terrible angle & one of the most worst TD runs in history changes Jets history. Yes, just another Jetsy moment in history.  

7 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I agree overall but I think Mo and Sheldon where pretty good players that fell off for whatever reason . Well Mo did Atleast  especially once he got paid. 

They both got worse when Snacks left, because he was the best DL we’ve had in the whole 1st round DL span. Which is hilarious if you think about it. They probably let him walk to save face on the blown draft picks.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

And the worst part of it all? The since CUT Eli McGuire had his usual trip over his own feet moment & bubbled & stumbled into the endzone so the Jets lost out on Nick Bosa, lol. How much better is this defense with Nick Bosa?

I remember when he stumbled, I was like GO DOWN, and then the Bills player took a terrible angle & one of the most worst TD runs in history changes Jets history. Yes, just another Jetsy moment in history.  

3mph4k.jpg.5925f535c68a3dbd8de12f99fec7caa7.jpg

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Jetster said:

But Adam & Sam have enough to work with, what a f*cking joke! When you win a game 37-20 & that's your QBs stats it say more about the talent on that team than the QB or the coach. Great freaking job by GM John Lynch. 

Lets get Sam some help. 

Joe Namath didn’t even throw a pass in 4th quarter in SB III. Remarkable.