Next season-Jets play 49ers and Chiefs.

johnnyjet

I just mentioned this to a guy at work who was supposedly a Jets fan for 58 years...
He told me he decided to switch his allegiance to the Dolphins, because he was impressed by what they did this year.
(He's also a Red Sox fan because he loved Fred Lynn growing up)
I said nice knowing you, and walked a way.

Ugh. That guy is the worst of us. There are so many levels that I take issue with his thinking. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Yes, we play the two SB teams next year.  But on the other hand, we always play the Pats 2x, which likely will be a significantly less daunting task in 2020 than it has been for the past 15 seasons.  With a good offseason, the Division could be within reach next season, and the entire Division plays SF and KC next season.  

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Maybe it does.  Still a long way to go and a lot of things can change. Douglas could have a great offseason.  Last year injuries really killed us we were decimated.  But I think good times are coming 

sameight.jpg

Sam Darnold's last 8 games featured 15 TD's and 4 interceptions.  Completion percentage over 60%.  QBR 93.3 is 10th best in the NFL.  With no weapons.  With no OL.  With no running game.  With an extremely limited playbook.

There's the proof Gase might be a good offensive coordinator.

We already know Gase is a good head coach.

We already know Gregg is a good DC.

We already know Brant is a good STC.

Good times are coming.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

sameight.jpg

Sam Darnold's last 8 games featured 15 TD's and 4 interceptions.  Completion percentage over 60%.  QBR 93.3 is 10th best in the NFL.  With no weapons.  With no OL.  With no running game.  With an extremely limited playbook.

There's proof Gase might be a good offensive coordinator.

Good times are coming.

SAR I

Hope so.  Even though I didn’t want Gase hired I hope I’m proven wrong and he does well because he is gonna be here at least next year and we all want to be a playoff team next year 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Hope so.  Even though I didn’t want Gase hired I hope I’m proven wrong and he does well because he is gonna be here at least next year and we all want to be a playoff team next year 

Exactly the right attitude.  Have faith.  Good times are here.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Exactly the right attitude.  Have faith.  Good times are here.

SAR I

Yeah I’m positive.  However I have no problem being objective/critical either.  Douglas needs to have a very good offseason.  We have 4 picks in the top 75. Of say at least 3 of those gotta be hits.  As for FA I want us to be smart about it.  Not just dish out a huge contract like in the past.  Just get guys who fit especially the OL or secondary 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Maybe it does.  Still a long way to go and a lot of things can change. Douglas could have a great offseason.  Last year injuries really killed us we were decimated.  But I think good times are coming 

Hey in watching the Titans and 49ers run I was thinking I'd like to see those run games against our run D.

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

sameight.jpg

There's the proof Gase might be a good offensive coordinator.

We already know Gregg is a good DC.

We already know Brant is a good STC.

Good times are coming.

SAR I

Detail. The quarterback rating , column RATE is NOT QBR.   

My main point is that THAT rating system goes OVER 100 to 152 or 4 or some crap...     which makes it kinda insensible to me.

So deos that system mean that 76 is average?

At least QBR has 2 things in its favor...  we KNOW it values the bang average QB as 50.0  and we know it only goes to 100.

(As well as weighting plays made late in games when you are losing by 20 and throw a TD LESS, than when you are losing by 5 and throw a TD)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Hey in watching the Titans and 49ers run I was thinking I'd like to see those run games against our run D.

Baltimore ran for 200. I think we could limit Titans...   SF not as much as there is way more movement and creativity w/ their attack.

16 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Detail. The quarterback rating , column RATE is NOT QBR.   

My main point is that THAT rating system goes OVER 100 to 152 or 4 or some crap...     which makes it kinda insensible to me.

So deos that system mean that 76 is average?

At least QBR has 2 things in its favor...  we KNOW it values the bang average QB as 50.0  and we know it only goes to 100.

(As well as weighting plays made late in games when you are losing by 20 and throw a TD LESS, than when you are losing by 5 and throw a TD)

ABAA513-E-3-BB5-48-A0-BC72-69-E6-D3-C0-F
Understood. I didn’t get QBR from that chart; I got it from this Tweet.  

SAR I

8 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

That should work out well.  

No problem, there... One or both of them will have a Super Bowl hangover.  Every season is a new season.  You can go from worst to first and vice-versa...

The Jets problem is not Frisco or KC.  It is Gace and his league low producing offence... 

On 1/20/2020 at 10:42 AM, Philc1 said:

You already practicing the defense mechanisms?

So, what you're actually saying, is that this team is good coaching away from a Super Bowl.

The difference between us and the Chiefs and 49ers, has nothing to do with players at all.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:18 AM, Augustiniak said:

isn't the whole division playing them?

Yep - that's exactly right and we play the Dolfag's twice, Buffalo is a split and so is the cheats*. Jets have a good chance of taking the division. Although I see one a one and done in the playoffs - but it's a great start!!

On 1/20/2020 at 8:30 AM, BROOKLYN JET said:

I just mentioned this to a guy at work who was supposedly a Jets fan for 58 years...

He told me he decided to switch his allegiance to the Dolphins, because he was impressed by what they did this year.

(He's also a Red Sox fan because he loved Fred Lynn growing up)

I said nice knowing you, and walked a way.

Anyone who *claims* to be a Jets fan for 58 years and then abandons them for the Dolfags is a liar and POS troll.  EAD.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:43 AM, Philc1 said:

Gase might be fired midseason

Please have a grasp on reality. Gase is here for at *least* two more years. JD has a six year contract and he and Gase are tight as a ......

Gase gets a contract extension next year and the SOJF haters have a conniption.

They both know how to build a team and it starts up front.

Good things are in the future.

The division plays both of these teams too. Like every year, winning division games is numero uno. Based on the AFC East schedule & traveling this could be a year where 9-7, maybe 8-8 win the division. 

The Dolphins could possibly be starting a rookie or if it's Fitz, he's one year older & our defense is HOPEFULLY 100% healthy. GW Will come up with a scheme to keep Josh Allen in the pocket after we shut down their run game which our front CAN DO. The wild card is the Pats, it's time to finally beat these guys again. Protect Sam so he can get his revenge over the "Ghosts" game. With a good free agency & draft the Jets have just as much chance in this division now as anyone.