Of course we're on this list... teams who cut Mostert

Jetstream

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

lmfao - prior to last night, he eclipsed 100 yards once this season.  He had an epic game.  People acting like this is the norm and we can now crown him as the best RB in the league are having a little recency bias, to say the least.

Side note; I used to see Raheem surfing in New Smyrna growing up, he's a much better Football player, to say the least. 

Exactly.  The guy had a great game but it’s not like he does this a lot.  Sometimes players just have great nights doesn’t mean they are elite.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The correct takeaway from this is that running back is easily the most interchangeable/replaceable position on the field and there is almost never a reason to have a running back as your highest paid player. 

This.

If you think Mostert would be good behind this Jets line I don't know what to tell you...

Although ironically the 9ers have paid McKinnon and Coleman pretty good money so I'm not sure they even realize it themselves.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Raheem Mostert is not a JAG. 

He did benefit from a very good OL, but this kid is hard North-South runner. 

JAG's are the Zak Stacey's,Khiry Robinson's,Brandon Wild's the NY Jets trot onto the field. 

He's been in the league since 2015 and you just learned his name last night because the 2 RB's in front of him had been banged up.  He's the pure definition of a JAG.  

• Upvote 3

and every team passed on Derrick Henry at least once.  Sorry if this comes across as unduly harsh, but "Who passed on xxx" is one of the dumbest things to discuss when said player has done nothing for 5 seasons and is suddenly playing well on a good team.

Just now, JiF said:

He's been in the league since 2015 and you just learned his name last night because the 2 RB's in front of him had been banged up.  He's the pure definition of a JAG.  

No he's not a JAG and I have on my fantasy football team keeper league. 

He's been an intriguing RB had a decent season on 2019 772 yards 8TD's 

He had a breakout game yesterday. 

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Raheem Mostert is not a JAG. 

He did benefit from a very good OL, but this kid is hard North-South runner. 

JAG's are the Zak Stacey's,Khiry Robinson's,Brandon Wild's the NY Jets trot onto the field. 

Those JAGs would have also benefitted from a great OL.

Cant wait to see what we can do with a solid OL and a healthy defense.

1 hour ago, Jetstream said:

:rolleyes:     Yet another one of these. Averaging 13 posts a year and you bless us with this ? Give it a rest.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Great olines and a good scheme can make many a back look really good.

Two, three, four times last night Aikman was showing how the use of the FB combined with Kittle really opened up big runs.  They use these guys in effect as pulling guards that can get down field where lineman can't.

Just many good play designs.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No he's not a JAG and I have on my fantasy football team keeper league. 

He's been an intriguing RB had a decent season on 2019 772 yards 8TD's 

He had a breakout game yesterday. 

lmfao - he's not a JAG because you picked him up on waivers and are stupidity using him as a keeper?

• Upvote 1

Of course because it is all about how talented the RB is.  It has nothing to do with how good the OL is, the scheme or game plan.

Shonn Green looked great in the playoffs once too...

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This.

If you think Mostert would be good behind this Jets line I don't know what to tell you...

Although ironically the 9ers have paid McKinnon and Coleman pretty good money so I'm not sure they even realize it themselves.

its true. but he'd still have done better than 3.2...    go look at that game and then look at Bells seaons hilites and you see what a plodder he is.