Of course we're on this list... teams who cut Mostert

Jetstream

3 hours ago, Jetstream said:

To be fair; he didn't do anything in his career until lastyear, and then had a great game behind a great line against a bad rush defense.

4 hours ago, Jetstream said:

Proving that with 5 others who passed it was on him for not showing anything.  Or it was a breakout game when SF needed it.

Damn, cant complain I know but its the way it is sometimes.

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

its true. but he'd still have done better than 3.2...    go look at that game and then look at Bells seaons hilites and you see what a plodder he is.

The Steelers combined a great line, strong armed QB and good scheme and used it to make a back like Bell effective.  

Gase knew he wanted a north-south back.  He was right.  I do suspect the Johnsons had something to do with the Bell signing.   

3 hours ago, JiF said:

lmfao - he's not a JAG because you picked him up on waivers and are stupidity using him as a keeper?

You are making yourself look foolish because you think you are making some point by repeatedly calling him a JAG. Mostert didn't put up big numbers this year because they didn't give him an opportunity until after Breida and Coleman both went down. 

Do the o-line and scheme help him? Obviously. But you also can't teach speed and that is what sets Mostert apart. There were a couple of games late in the season where Coleman was healthy and did NOTHING while Mostert was tearing the defense apart. JAG's don't do that. I'm not saying he is going to be an All-Pro either but I wouldn't be surprised if he enters into 2021 as a favorite to take the lead position. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

You are making yourself look foolish because you think you are making some point by repeatedly calling him a JAG. Mostert didn't put up big numbers this year because they didn't give him an opportunity until after Breida and Coleman both went down. 

Do the o-line and scheme help him? Obviously. But you also can't teach speed and that is what sets Mostert apart. There were a couple of games late in the season where Coleman was healthy and did NOTHING while Mostert was tearing the defense apart. JAG's don't do that. I'm not saying he is going to be an All-Pro either but I wouldn't be surprised if he enters into 2021 as a favorite to take the lead position. 

Did you read this post?  It's legit the description of a JAG.  If not for this, and not for that and not for these other dudes, he'd be this.  You're not even convicted enough to guarantee he's the starter next season.  

Lots of RB's have speed and many have flashed in the pan.  He had a great game, the first of this type 4 years into his career.  I'm not ready to say he's anything more than a JAG, if you are, cool.  I think it's pretty foolish to make anything out of 1 obvious anomaly of a game but hey, you do you. 

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Proving that with 5 others who passed it was on him for not showing anything.  Or it was a breakout game when SF needed it.

Damn, cant complain I know but its the way it is sometimes.

At least we saw he was worth a look. Apparently 25 other teams never even did that.

#aheadofthecurve

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Great olines and a good scheme can make many a back look really good.

Shonn Greene for example. He looked really good when he had Nick, Brick, Brandon, Damien Woody, and Alan Faneca blocking for him. When Jets management did a terrible job of replacing talent along the OL - Alan Faneca CUT and replaced with Matt Slauson, Damien Woody injured, retired and replaced with Wayne Hunter, then all of a sudden you saw how incredibly average Shonn Greene was.

• Upvote 1

SF already had him and Brieda for the prior 2+ seasons, so they had a far longer look at him than the Jets had. For a couple years, all that extra time they had practicing with him, keeping him past final roster cutdowns, having him on their active roster throughout the season, working him into the gameplan, etc.  Even still, in March of 2019 they still picked up, started, and over the season gave just as many carries to Tevin Coleman, who averaged over 1.5 ypc less. 

On this one I'm going to go with fresh legs + solid OL opening up holes (which makes his elite track speed far more useful). Good for him, good for the 49ers, wish we still had him instead of letting him go... and on my list of shoulda-woulda-coulda over the last 3 years this one doesn't crack the top 20.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

The Steelers combined a great line, strong armed QB and good scheme and used it to make a back like Bell effective.  

Gase knew he wanted a north-south back.  He was right.  I do suspect the Johnsons had something to do with the Bell signing.   

An d thing is, Bell can be effective...   or at least WAS effective even very for a while..

but he CANNOT get to the edge...  he's a shifty power back.

33 minutes ago, jamesr said:

At least we saw he was worth a look. Apparently 25 other teams never even did that.

#aheadofthecurve

He had one game.

He was a practice squad player.  I’ll assume we switched him out for a position that needed backup.  It’s the practice squad.  Where they don’t actually practice

lmfao - prior to last night, he eclipsed 100 yards once this season.  He had an epic game.  People acting like this is the norm and we can now crown him as the best RB in the league are having a little recency bias, to say the least.
Side note; I used to see Raheem surfing in New Smyrna growing up, he's a much better Football player, to say the least. 

It’s Ryan Tannehill all over again

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app