Of course we're on this list... teams who cut Mostert

Jetstream

16 hours ago, JiF said:

He's been in the league since 2015 and you just learned his name last night because the 2 RB's in front of him had been banged up.  He's the pure definition of a JAG.  

He actually won the starting job mid season because Coleman sucked and Breida was inconsistent and Injured all the time. Injury did play a part but those guys came back and could not get their jobs back but they did get carries.

Also San Fran runs a 3 man rotation so there were games Mostert didn't even break Double digit carries yet still gained 50 60 70 yards. Look at his average 5.6 per carry if the guy got the chance to be the fulltime back Im betting he would put up pretty good numbers but that's not how San Fran runs their system. They run it a lot like The Saints have run it for the past 15 years 3 interchangeable guys all capable of both running and catching the football trying to keep all 3 fresh while the hot hand shuts down games in the 4th quarter.

Calling him a Jag because he never really got the chance is like saying Priest Holmes was a Jag early in his career his first 4 seasons were 0, 1000, 500 , 500 then he belted out 3 1500 yard plus seasons and 86 TD's one year 21 td's and one 27td's all those years pushing out 2000 + yards.

Bottom line San Fran has no interest in a bell cow back they will continue running all 3 and have a great running game because of it.

What will wind up happening is some team will take a shot at making this guy their feature running back and he will either excel or sh*t the bed or show hes just not capable of carrying a full load. At that time San Fran will add another back to their rotation and continue to excel in their own right

• Sympathy 1

On 1/20/2020 at 12:45 PM, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't even remember the guy at Purdue, let alone the NFL.  He was a WR in college for 3 of his 4 years at Purdue according to his bio and his biggest contributions in COLLEGE came on special teams.

I think he was a returner, which is why the Jets had him in.  I believe that Akeem Shavers and Akeem Hunt were the main backs when he was there.  I really liked Hunt, but he was just too small.  He is still kicking around somewhere.  They had Keith Byars Jr. and, before he transferred to Colorado State, Dayln Dawkins (on the Titans now) who is Brian Dawkins nephew. 

Did you read this post?  It's legit the description of a JAG.  If not for this, and not for that and not for these other dudes, he'd be this.  You're not even convicted enough to guarantee he's the starter next season.  
Lots of RB's have speed and many have flashed in the pan.  He had a great game, the first of this type 4 years into his career.  I'm not ready to say he's anything more than a JAG, if you are, cool.  I think it's pretty foolish to make anything out of 1 obvious anomaly of a game but hey, you do you. 

Again, clearly you never watched the 49ers in the second half of this year or you would know that he did well in way more than 1 game. Is 146 yards plus a TD on 19 carries against Baltimore not a good game now? Versus NO, 10 carries for 69 yards plus 2 receptions for 40 yards with 2 TD’s...again not a good game? Last game of the season against SEA with division on the line: 10 rushes for 57 yards 2TD’s plus 1 reception for 16 yards. Total JAG numbers right?

He did all this while also playing special teams by the way.

The guy put up solid numbers with many games getting less than 10 total touches because SF was so afraid of taking carries away from Coleman who they gave big $ to in the off-season. And yes, I do hesitate to say SF will make him the clear starter next season because again, if you watched the games you would see that they split carries all year along and refused to make 1 back the main focus until late in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

43 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think he was a returner, which is why the Jets had him in.  I believe that Akeem Shavers and Akeem Hunt were the main backs when he was there.  I really liked Hunt, but he was just too small.  He is still kicking around somewhere.  They had Keith Byars Jr. and, before he transferred to Colorado State, Dayln Dawkins (on the Titans now) who is Brian Dawkins nephew. 

I remember Hunt.  He was a good ball player.  Those were they end of the Danny Hope years and start of the Hazel years at Purdue, which were pretty lean 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Again, clearly you never watched the 49ers in the second half of this year or you would know that he did well in way more than 1 game. Is 146 yards plus a TD on 19 carries against Baltimore not a good game now? Versus NO, 10 carries for 69 yards plus 2 receptions for 40 yards with 2 TD’s...again not a good game? Last game of the season against SEA with division on the line: 10 rushes for 57 yards 2TD’s plus 1 reception for 16 yards. Total JAG numbers right?

He did all this while also playing special teams by the way.

The guy put up solid numbers with many games getting less than 10 total touches because SF was so afraid of taking carries away from Coleman who they gave big $ to in the off-season. And yes, I do hesitate to say SF will make him the clear starter next season because again, if you watched the games you would see that they split carries all year along and refused to make 1 back the main focus until late in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Cool.  So what are we saying here if he's not a JAG?  Top 5 RB in the NFL?  Top 10?  Best RB in the NF?