Tweets / Info from the Senior Bowl

14 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Lots of players that keep showing up on the compute mocks I have been running.

Would like to see if any of these 2nd tier pass rushers stand out.

Oline of course and big Wr's, I want at least one b ig Wr on this team, a guy that can go out and get 50/50 balls.  Every QB in this league throws them.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Also, even though this player has been injured the last two seasons, if he remains healthy this week it will show that he is now durable

Agreed.  I love the Senior Bowl and being able to see these kids work out, but the hyperbole that comes out of this week from all of these “experts” is nauseating.  They change their draft projection of a kid from rep to rep during workouts.  First he’s a 3rd rounder, now he Looks like a 1st round, then it’s he might not be draftable...Lol.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  I love the Senior Bowl and being able to see these kids work out, but the hyperbole that comes out of this week from all of these “experts” is nauseating.  They change their draft projection of a kid from rep to rep during workouts.  First he’s a 3rd rounder, now he Looks like a 1st round, then it’s he might not be draftable...Lol.  

Horse race draft reporting. This whole thing is a 4-5 month long industry now. If the niche reporters treat the stories as ever-changing it keeps you reading every day. Reality is the draft is a very long and boring process that just serves to weed out a small handful of guys. We already know for the most part who is going where. Ever watch the combine? It's brutal, yet somehow they get tons of people to tune in.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't think I've ever been annoyed by something so trivial as this writer abbreviating Safety as "SAF" and not "S".

You should be more annoyed about someone coming out with a Top 60 list on January 20th.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RobR said:

Never liked Collin Johnson even when he was healthy. Maybe someone can find that thread from a couple of years ago since it's pretty spot on.

He was injured for part of this year but he has looked slower this year than he did last year.  His draft stock would have been higher last year, this year he’s been lost in the incredibly deep WR class.  Will be interesting to see him this week, but his best move might be to transition to a move TE and find a role there.  

• Sympathy 1