Tweets / Info from the Senior Bowl

28 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Harris has long arms for a shorter guy.  For comparison, Mangold was 6’4” but had 31.88” arms.  Mangold was also light, just 300 pounds at the combine.  

Just depends on your offense.  Mawae also wasn't huge.  Do you want to line up and try to power people, or pull, run and use angles?  

Both work, just different body types may work better for different systems.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Damn.  Mims has some long arms for a guy who is 6’2’”.  

For comparison.  Pittman is 1” taller but has shorter arms.  

been on mims all year, excited to see how he does this week, all these draft central mocks have guys taking him in the 5th and 6th rounds i doubt he gets anwyhwere close. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think it just means that they failed the physical, but I have no idea why.  I don't see how it could be conditioning related.

It has to be medically related that's why I'm curious what it is. Could be something major or something relatively minor. 

6 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Harris has long arms for a shorter guy.  For comparison, Mangold was 6’4” but had 31.88” arms.  Mangold was also light, just 300 pounds at the combine.  

It's scary how deep this draft aligns to the Jets needs.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

It's the Jets part that scares me. 

I agree with you, this shapes up as a chance to really get like 4-5 starters in here at huge positions of need. Just imagine if we had taken anybody with a pulse last year but the slug we drafted at 3? Can't wait for the free for all in a few weeks when we do our JN mock and guys want the Jets.?

16 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

how much worse would we all feel here if mccagnan were the gm.  and then he picked defense in the first round again.

OMG - last year was probably the worst draft moment (laughing how lucky he was to draft yet another DT) 

that was the end for me and thankfully for the Johnsons as well - maybe they do read this board...

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

This is for @jetstream23 who desperately wants to draft a center this year.  This may be your guy.   

The only concern with Harris is his size and ability to hold up against those big 330+ NTs.  I'm also not sure where this guy is going to go in the Draft.  I see some people have him as a late Round 2 or Round 3 guy, others have him going at the end of Round 1 which is surprising.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

The only concern with Harris is his size and ability to hold up against those big 330+ NTs.  I'm also not sure where this guy is going to go in the Draft.  I see some people have him as a late Round 2 or Round 3 guy, others have him going at the end of Round 1 which is surprising.

He actually has pretty long arms, we’ll see how this plays out.  I can’t see round 1 for him, he’d be a nice 3rd round selection.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2020 at 2:47 PM, JiF said:

It's scary how deep this draft aligns to the Jets needs.

On 1/21/2020 at 2:59 PM, JiF said:

It's the Jets part that scares me. 

On 1/21/2020 at 2:57 PM, sec101row23 said:

It really is.  You couldn’t ask for a better draft class to solve offensive needs.  

I was just about to say similar... Hopefully Big Joe is what we hope. Because if we can make better selections from our couch they should just...... well they'll just keep being the JETS.

• Upvote 1