Will Jeter be unanimous? Should he be unanimous?

section314

On 1/23/2020 at 11:12 AM, Warfish said:

No doubt he deserves to be in.

But it's a bit hypocritical to let Jeter, almost assuredly a roid user, in the Hall, and keep other all-time greats (also roid users) out.

That's the problem with the whole steroid thing.

Jeff Bagwell?   Roids.   Mike Piazza?  Roids.   Pudge Rodriguez?   Roids.   Just accept it was a part of the game at that time, it was a relatively level playing field, and the guys who dominated at that time dominated.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

That's the problem with the whole steroid thing.

Jeff Bagwell?   Roids.   Mike Piazza?  Roids.   Pudge Rodriguez?   Roids.   Just accept it was a part of the game at that time, it was a relatively level playing field, and the guys who dominated at that time dominated.

Personally, I don't care.  As long as the evaluation criteria are equal for all.

Funny, tho, how it's the Yankees roid abuser who gets in sparkly clean while other similar guys are locked out completely.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Personally, I don't care.  As long as the evaluation criteria are equal for all.

Funny, tho, how it's the Yankees roid abuser who gets in sparkly clean while other similar guys are locked out completely.

There are a lot of roid abusers who got in sparkly clean.

Clemens and AROD will not, both long time Yankees.

4 hours ago, section314 said:

How anybody can think that Jeter was using roids is laughable.The most home runs he ever hit was 24. He was a singles, doubles machine. I guess if you think he was a juicer, than you probably think Tony Gwynn was too. After all, he hit 17 HR's one year. Trolling at it's best.

Steroids isn’t just necessarily for power hitting alone it helps with hitting overall that said I doubt Jeter ever did steroids

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Steroids isn’t just necessarily for power hitting alone it helps with hitting overall that said I doubt Jeter ever did steroids

I get it. I heard a lengthy interview years ago with a doctor who argued that steroids do more for hand/eye coordination than anything else. That said, guys who get to the majors obviously have hand/eye coordination that is off the charts to begin with. The guys who did the juice did it for one reason, to hit with power to get paid. That's not Jeter.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, section314 said:

I get it. I heard a lengthy interview years ago with a doctor who argued that steroids do more for hand/eye coordination than anything else. That said, guys who get to the majors obviously have hand/eye coordination that is off the charts to begin with. The guys who did the juice did it for one reason, to hit with power to get paid. That's not Jeter.

It increases bat speed which means the batter can wait a split second longer to decide to swing that said there’s 0.0 proof Jeter ever did steroids 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1