Jeremiah Releases Mock 1.0, has Jets Getting Defensive

JetNation

Joe Douglas

One of the more respected names in the draft community, Danile Jeremiah, has released his first mock draft of the offseason and is projecting a scenario that we addressed right here on JetNation.com just last week.

With the 11th overall pick, Jeremiah has the Jets taking LSU edge rusher K’Lavon Chaisson.

PICK

NYJ.png

K’Lavon Chaisson – Edge

School: LSU | Year: Sophomore (RS)

General manager Joe Douglas is desperate to upgrade the OL, but in this scenario, the run at the position has already taken place. Chaisson is an outstanding athlete and would fit smoothly into the Jets‘ scheme.

In disucussing names that could end up in play for the Jets in round 1, we listed Chaisson as one of four names that could pop up along with Mekhi Becton, Henry Ruggs III and Yetur Gross-Matos.  As Jeremiah mentions in his projection, the Jets top priority will be O-line, but an early run on tackles could force the Jets to look elsewhere.

For Jeremiah’s full round 1 mock, click here.

The post Jeremiah Releases Mock 1.0, has Jets Getting Defensive appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
lbmnkTmBLjw

Click here to read the full story...

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Jets go Defense.

12 of the last 14 first round picks have been Defense. The other two were QB's.

Only two, Adams and QW, remain today.

Will 13 of 15 really surprise you?

We're the Jets, after all.

We've gone most of two decades without picking a WR or a RB or an O-Lineman in the first.  

the mocks don't account for what may happen during free agency.  the first round pick should be to fill a real need (not too hard to figure out what that could be) and should also be for a guy who can step in right away.  hopefully they'll get a top flight offensive tackle but there are other positions that can help right away.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I think its more realistic then not that at least 3 OL go before the Jets pick at 11... although in this scenario I would rather they jumped on Lamb and not go for an edge rusher

there are a lot of picks in his mock that can be debated.  jordan love to the colts at 13, for example. 

at this point it's hard to see at least one of jeudy and lamb not going top 10.  he's got herbert going outside the top 10 which is iffy.  espenesa going 16.  

I also think that there is a possibility that Lions take Tua and Miami then goes with Herbert. I would bet with all the OL problems that Giants have had they draft A Thomas.

I think it will be more like this:

1. CIN - Burrow
  2. WAS - Young
  3. DET - Tua
  4. NYG - A Thomas
  5. MIA - Herbert
  6. LAC - Wirfs
  7. CAR - Brown
  8. ARZ - Wills
  9. JAX - Okudah
  10. CLE - Jackson/ Becton
  11. NYJ - Lamb/ Jeudy
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the mocks don't account for what may happen during free agency.  the first round pick should be to fill a real need (not too hard to figure out what that could be) and should also be for a guy who can step in right away.  hopefully they'll get a top flight offensive tackle but there are other positions that can help right away.

To be fair, edge is still a need, thanks to the buffoon that used to be employed by the Jets. Just can't see it being addressed in the first round though, unless there is some sort of a trade.

• Upvote 1

Was it Jeremiah or McShay that was rumored at one point to be a potential hire for Douglas?

Whichever one it was will be interesting to see their mock projections for the Jets.  Guessing whatever they project will be the exact opposite of where the Jets actually want to go.

• Upvote 1

Guys just remember....

Its January

The senior bowl hasn't happened yet.

The combine hasn't happened yet

Free Agency hasn't happened yet.

I love mock drafts, but some of you guys seem to be taking it at gospel....already.

We have a few more months before we get disappointed with the actual pick.  relax a little. Jut to remember what its like to enjoy things before we go back to hating them for 2020.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Was it Jeremiah or McShay that was rumored at one point to be a potential hire for Douglas?

Whichever one it was will be interesting to see their mock projections for the Jets.  Guessing whatever they project will be the exact opposite of where the Jets actually want to go.

That's the guy.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Jeremiah 

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Both were rumored 

Douglas played at Richmond with McShay and scouted in Baltimore with Jeremiah. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I would lose my sh__ if we drafted defense. 

With that said, this Chaisson guy seems to be just ridiculously athletic, with great balance. I dont see much rushing technique here at all, but this guy's get off is actually pretty scary. To be fair, so was Vic Beasley when he was coming out. Chaisson also seems to have nice speed to power as well. He's not just fast. He looks like he can put hands on players. His speed allows him to do some of those Dwight Freeney spin-offs, but that's great against college Olines, he needs to establish some technique and nuances to his game. 

However, Chaisson does show some awareness in his game.

With that said, I'd prefer a trade down for more picks and start stacking up this Oline. Scoring points is more important than Sacks. 

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, slats said:

Yes. The Jets should try to go 1-15 every year until they think they’re ready to go 15-1. 

The Jets NEVER go 1-15 other than the one kotie year.  We then had the #1 pick and traded down.

The jets over the last 15 or more years have always won a meaningless game or so at the end of the year to just screw up the draft.

We desperately need to upgrade the oline, as in desperately.  There are 3 or 4 prime olineman out there early so of course they are projecting us to go defense because all of the olineman are gone.

If this team is a 7 win team or a 4 win team this past year who the hell cares.

• Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, section314 said:

To be fair, edge is still a need, thanks to the buffoon that used to be employed by the Jets. Just can't see it being addressed in the first round though, unless there is some sort of a trade.

Is it really? we were putting a lot of pressure on the qb by the seasons end

1 hour ago, JetNation said:

Joe Douglas

One of the more respected names in the draft community, Danile Jeremiah, has released his first mock draft of the offseason and is projecting a scenario that we addressed right here on JetNation.com just last week.

With the 11th overall pick, Jeremiah has the Jets taking LSU edge rusher K’Lavon Chaisson.

PICK

NYJ.png

K’Lavon Chaisson – Edge

School: LSU | Year: Sophomore (RS)

General manager Joe Douglas is desperate to upgrade the OL, but in this scenario, the run at the position has already taken place. Chaisson is an outstanding athlete and would fit smoothly into the Jets‘ scheme.

In disucussing names that could end up in play for the Jets in round 1, we listed Chaisson as one of four names that could pop up along with Mekhi Becton, Henry Ruggs III and Yetur Gross-Matos.  As Jeremiah mentions in his projection, the Jets top priority will be O-line, but an early run on tackles could force the Jets to look elsewhere.

For Jeremiah’s full round 1 mock, click here.

they need a line first then Defense

The post Jeremiah Releases Mock 1.0, has Jets Getting Defensive appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

lbmnkTmBLjw

Click here to read the full story...

44 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I would lose my sh__ if we drafted defense. 

With that said, this Chaisson guy seems to be just ridiculously athletic, with great balance. I dont see much rushing technique here at all, but this guy's get off is actually pretty scary. To be fair, so was Vic Beasley when he was coming out. Chaisson also seems to have nice speed to power as well. He's not just fast. He looks like he can put hands on players. His speed allows him to do some of those Dwight Freeney spin-offs, but that's great against college Olines, he needs to establish some technique and nuances to his game. 

However, Chaisson does show some awareness in his game.

With that said, I'd prefer a trade down for more picks and start stacking up this Oline. Scoring points is more important than Sacks. 

I'm not a big college guy, but isn't 6.5 sacks on the national championship team kind of sh*tty?