Jeremiah Releases Mock 1.0, has Jets Getting Defensive

JetNation

22 hours ago, Warfish said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Jets go Defense.

12 of the last 14 first round picks have been Defense. The other two were QB's.

Only two, Adams and QW, remain today.

Will 13 of 15 really surprise you?

We're the Jets, after all.

We've gone most of two decades without picking a WR or a RB or an O-Lineman in the first.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Chaisson would be the biggest reach since the Jets took Jeff Lageman with a first round pick.

I'll never forget that year. Kiper lost his sh*t on the set, said it just proves that the Jets. don't understand the draft. Said  they should have taken Hart Lee Dykes, a WR from Oklahoma State. Got even worse when the Pats took him. Funny, though, Lageman ended up having a nice career, and Hart Lee Dykes had no career. More great Jets draft day history.?

The only picks that I agree with his mock is the first three. Miami I feel will pick Herbert and not Tua, I also completely disagree on his offensive line order. Becton at 4 is a complete joke. Epenesa an elite pass rusher going 16 is insane.  And Jedrick Willis will be a guard and not an OT. His tape was not good when I watched him on pass protection. For me Wirfs is the best OT in this draft and Thomas may be the best  left tackle.  Look he was a scout and this is his opinion but to have certain players drop to the end of the first like Grant Delpit of LSU, Shenault and Kenneth Murray is crazy.  I mean he has Jordan Love going before Herbert.  Now I watched Love in his Bowl game  and he looked great but it was against Kent. St of the weak Mac conference. He didn't have the year people was expecting and this is the Mountain West Conference.   I get it his love for KC Mahomes and he is that kind of QB. But Mahomes played against way better teams and was coached way better.  Sorry but Love could of climbed into the first round  but for him to go 13 is crazy. I have Jacob Eason as my fourth best QB and Love 5 only.   

And picking Chaisson is not a stretch since he is a pass rusher. But he is an outside LB and would rather draft a DE in Epenesa.  My pick fr the Jets is an Iowa player. Either him or Wirfs if available.        

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

The only picks that I agree with his mock is the first three. Miami I feel will pick Herbert and not Tua, I also completely disagree on his offensive line order. Becton at 4 is a complete joke. Epenesa an elite pass rusher going 16 is insane.  And Jedrick Willis will be a guard and not an OT. His tape was not good when I watched him on pass protection. For me Wirfs is the best OT in this draft and Thomas may be the best  left tackle.  Look he was a scout and this is his opinion but to have certain players drop to the end of the first like Grant Delpit of LSU, Shenault and Kenneth Murray is crazy.  I mean he has Jordan Love going before Herbert.  Now I watched Love in his Bowl game  and he looked great but it was against Kent. St of the weak Mac conference. He didn't have the year people was expecting and this is the Mountain West Conference.   I get it his love for KC Mahomes and he is that kind of QB. But Mahomes played against way better teams and was coached way better.  Sorry but Love could of climbed into the first round  but for him to go 13 is crazy. I have Jacob Eason as my fourth best QB and Love 5 only.   

And picking Chaisson is not a stretch since he is a pass rusher. But he is an outside LB and would rather draft a DE in Epenesa.  My pick fr the Jets is an Iowa player. Either him or Wirfs if available.        

also think josh jones will be in the mix at OT.  but still you'd think he'd have mocked an offensive player to the jets.  

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

also think josh jones will be in the mix at OT.  but still you'd think he'd have mocked an offensive player to the jets.  

I did not watched Houston that much this year and really need to look at Josh Jones. He is the one OT I have to look at and I was hoping to watch him at the combine. The offensive line is what makes or break you at the combine beside the 40 yard dash for receivers and cornerbacks.   So we have a lot more evaluation to go through. 

12 hours ago, slats said:

How do you play if you're not playing to win? If you're evaluating borderline players and they're not playing to win, you're probably going to evaluate that they're not very good. "Okay Son, I just wanna see what you've got, but not so much that we accidentally win today, know what I mean?" 

And who was left this year to evaluate? The Jets were already playing guys who were, at best, borderline. The whole season was an evaluation of borderline guys because of all the injuries. Turned out a couple of them could play. So that was nice. 

But who are you pulling from the lineup? Not Sam, he needs the work. But do you ask Sam Darnold to go out there and, "try to play well and all but keep us in the loss column, if you can." If you pull Bell, the Jets probably do even better, so that's out. You can't sit Jamal Adams without a social media BLEVE. 

This is the first season under a new head coach, trying to establish his program with the players. The owner providing cover doesn't do that, winning does. Gase had a horrific start with Sam's mono and all the other injuries. You gotta let the guy do everything he can to bounce back from that. 

I get that the Jets historically suck, and that the offseason is often the best part of the season, but the actual idea is that "winning the offseason" is supposed to lead to wins during the regular season. So many jaded Jet fans have it flipped where they need to tank the regular season to win the draft. It's craziness. The team isn't looking for a QB right now. That would be a different situation. They're probably looking at an OT in the first round and, as of today, there's supposed to be three or four worthy of the #11 spot. I'm happy the team managed to avoid double-digit losses for a fourth straight year, and they're still in position to draft a very good football player high. 

I definitely see your point of view. The Jets really didn't have any developmental type players they could substitute for their 'starters'. I would have sat Jamal and the hell with his sack record for safeties just to see if the Jets had anybody (besides Maye) that could take his place after the Jets trade him.

Resting Sam was a double edged sword. Yes he benefited from the additional snaps but factor in that he didn't an OL blocking for him and he very well could have been injured. My preference would be to continue to play him.

I just hate end of the season, final two meaningless games that the Jets win and end up losing out on draft picks.

On 1/21/2020 at 4:08 PM, HessStation said:

No way Was is going to pass on Tua imo. Zero chance

Interesting.... they are going to Josh Rosen, Haskins.... Maybe... I doubt it though.. Young is a can't miss edge rusher... I would be surprised if WAS gives him up... I think Tua is going to the Lions at 3 unless WAS trades down with Miami or Chargers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 10:53 AM, JetNation said:

Joe Douglas

One of the more respected names in the draft community, Danile Jeremiah, has released his first mock draft of the offseason and is projecting a scenario that we addressed right here on JetNation.com just last week.

With the 11th overall pick, Jeremiah has the Jets taking LSU edge rusher K’Lavon Chaisson.

PICK

NYJ.png

K’Lavon Chaisson – Edge

School: LSU | Year: Sophomore (RS)

General manager Joe Douglas is desperate to upgrade the OL, but in this scenario, the run at the position has already taken place. Chaisson is an outstanding athlete and would fit smoothly into the Jets‘ scheme.

In disucussing names that could end up in play for the Jets in round 1, we listed Chaisson as one of four names that could pop up along with Mekhi Becton, Henry Ruggs III and Yetur Gross-Matos.  As Jeremiah mentions in his projection, the Jets top priority will be O-line, but an early run on tackles could force the Jets to look elsewhere.

For Jeremiah’s full round 1 mock, click here.

The post Jeremiah Releases Mock 1.0, has Jets Getting Defensive appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

lbmnkTmBLjw

Click here to read the full story...

Not a fan of this.

31 minutes ago, jgb said:

At least the Jets won't be so easy to game. Any other year if you're picking after the Jets, just commission a bunch of articles that some guys you don't want is the "best player in the draft" and Macc couldn't resist.

Good we can move straight to bust status, and save some time.

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think the only D guys I’d begrudgingly accept at 11 would be Okudah and Chase Young. And that would only be if like 3 OTs and 2 WRs were gone. 

Okudah... Is going to be an allstar IMHO ... lock down corner... and a place of need for the Jets... So I wouldn't mind it as long as a lot of areas are addressed in FA.

Can't speak on that specific player, but, if he's the best option for us, and we don't take him just because we've sh*t the bed in the past by taking D players when we shouldn't have, that's just as bad.

Don't let previous bad decisions goad you into making another.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, bigalbarracuda said:

Brutal -- missing out on all 4 OTs and not 1-trading back or 2-grabbing Lamb/Jeudy would be a huge whiff.

It would be an enormous blunder

At least in some other years when the jets drafted defense they were actually taking BPA.  This year BPA will be a receiver or offensive tackle

Isn’t this guy Jeremiah best buds with Douglas? Hopefully he doesn’t have inside info that he’s leaning toward defense. This board would explode if they took the corner from Florida lol. Maybe he’s just throwing a smoke screen out there