Super Bowl Food

The Mrs is in charge of food for the small family SB party and suggested food particular to KC and SF

Couldn't come up with much other than:

KC:

BBQ (burnt ends, sauced ribs),

Creamed chicken and green rice (a la Stephenson's Apple Farm Rest)

Russel Stover candies

SF:

Clam chowder in sour dough bread bowls

Cioppino (a la Tadich Grill)

Can't think of much else, anyone have any ideas to add to this?

11 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Actually there is, looking for foods those two towns are known for. I guess it's a silly premise. Really can't think of much more than what I wrote above.  For instance, isn't Coors more like Denver? Not sure if there is a KC or Bay Area beer.  

The Super Bowl last game of the season, hopefully you are celebrating your team being in it we aren't. 

You buy prepare eat what makes you happy. 

I don't do themes based on who's playing, its the Super Bowl you eat what you want and makes you happy that goes for liquid refreshments as well. 

Enjoy

11 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Actually there is, looking for foods those two towns are known for. I guess it's a silly premise. Really can't think of much more than what I wrote above.  For instance, isn't Coors more like Denver? Not sure if there is a KC or Bay Area beer.  

image.png.049d2fb30c9229dbe4d710ae4c7fcfec.png Do this exist anymore, I had it in my beer can collection when I was a kid.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

How about some Red Kool-Aid, in honor of the Kool-Aid man himself Andy Reid?

How about some Pat Ma-hummus?

Just trying to think creatively....
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Super Bowl last game of the season, hopefully you are celebrating your team being in it we aren't. 

You buy prepare eat what makes you happy. 

I don't do themes based on who's playing, its the Super Bowl you eat what you want and makes you happy that goes for liquid refreshments as well. 

Enjoy

Ha!

Did you not see "The Mrs … suggested ..." ?     :)

SF Food Suggestion: Gnocchi a la Garoppolo or some "fu*kin' focaccia".   Or as Shanahan is the HC, you could go with corned beef and Guinness. 

SF Drink suggestion: Garoppolo Grappa or Campari & soda

As for KC?  All I can think of is KC and the Sunshine Band.  So maybe offer hits of sunshine acid if it still exists?

• Upvote 1

The significant other is a huge Chiefs fan from Missouri.  The Green egg will be full of mesquite fired up at 6 in the morning.  Dry rubbed ribs, chicken and steak.  Home made corn bread and slaw.  

Might have to add in a brat or two steamed in Guinness before grilling?  To be determined...

• 4 weeks later...