Jamal Adams would do anything to give himself a shower

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What if he wasn’t actually all that good, but kept texting the corporate office to say how good he was, meanwhile your branch was effectively bankrupt because management kept hiring employees like Jamal Adams and naming him Employee of the Month despite the fact that he contributes zilch to the bottom line? 

Except he is so the rest is moot and just not important

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

it is not a "what if" that Jamal will want to be the highest paid safety in the NFL.

Sorry.  No can do if I am Douglas.

Whats the big deal if he's the highest paid safety? The highest paid now makes about $14 mil per. In two years that will be top 10. I really don't see the problem with paying someone who is actually good. His personality is only hated by Jets fans for some reason. Everyone in the league seems to love this guy. From players to the media and press. 

It's so odd man. Robbie Anderson works his way up from an UDFA to be one of the best deep threats in the game and most want him gone.  Jamal Adams is one of a handful of draft picks that actually worked out for us and we want him gone.  Those are really the only two players we've developed that are worth anything. Maybe Jordan Jenkins and lachlan Edwards too actually. I really think we just don't know how to deal with paying our own players that are actually worth something.  It really does confuse me. Maybe you could try to help me out. 

I can't wait to see how many people don't want to pay Darnold when the time comes. We already see the rumblings. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

His personality is only hated by Jets fans for some reason. Everyone in the league seems to love this guy. From players to the media and press. 

It’s because literally nobody watches Jets games besides Jets fans. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Whats the big deal if he's the highest paid safety? The highest paid now makes about $14 mil per. In two years that will be top 10. I really don't see the problem with paying someone who is actually good. His personality is only hated by Jets fans for some reason. Everyone in the league seems to love this guy. From players to the media and press. 

It's so odd man. Robbie Anderson works his way up from an UDFA to be one of the best deep threats in the game and most want him gone.  Jamal Adams is one of a handful of draft picks that actually worked out for us and we want him gone.  Those are really the only two players we've developed that are worth anything. Maybe Jordan Jenkins and lachlan Edwards too actually. I really think we just don't know how to deal with paying our own players that are actually worth something.  It really does confuse me. Maybe you could try to help me out. 

I can't wait to see how many people don't want to pay Darnold when the time comes. We already see the rumblings. 

Because if he is the highest paid safety, then we are sacrificing at other more important positions.  Silly.  Paying that kind of money to your strong safety will have a negative impact somewhere else on the roster.  Never should have drafted a safety there in the first place.  

It's moot.  He doesn't want to be here.  He'll want more than market to stay here.  He wants to be a Cowboy. He's not worth all the drooling going on around here.  He's not going to be a Jet beyond that 5th year.  If Douglas can sign him long term at a reasonable price, one that won't kill us when it is time to pay Sam or any other position in need, then I tip my hat to him.  Good luck.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

No way I'm reading thru this thread. That said...

1.) I'm 100% in favor of trading Adams for the right package. I'd start at a first and a starting OL. He's a great player, but I don't think the Jets are in a position to have the highest paid safety in the NFL on their roster in a couple years, but...

2.) I couldn't give two ****s what his motivation is as long as he makes plays on the field for my football team. I don't care if he's a "phony," I don't care if he's only in it for the money (like most players), I don't care if he does it to massage his massive ego, and I don't understand this need to tear down the rare star players this team manages to stumble into. I just want good players who manage to be good citizens off the field (and Adams certainly fits that mold). 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

No way I'm reading thru this thread. That said...

1.) I'm 100% in favor of trading Adams for the right package. I'd start at a first and a starting OL. He's a great player, but I don't think the Jets are in a position to have the highest paid safety in the NFL on their roster in a couple years, but...

2.) I couldn't give two ****s what his motivation is as long as he makes plays on the field for my football team. I don't care if he's a "phony," I don't care if he's only in it for the money (like most players), I don't care if he does it to massage his massive ego, and I don't understand this need to tear down the rare star players this team manages to stumble into. I just want good players who manage to be good citizens off the field (and Adams certainly fits that mold). 

agree 100%.  With respect to keeping, extending, or trading Adams, it is all about the money and what the Jets can do with it to protect and improve Sam and the offense.  It's also about whether Adams wants to stay here beyond the rookie contract.  If he is dead set on Cowboys or elsewhere, then why bother dicking around with this guy? Just get the best package and go from there.  I'm not interested in potentially getting a "comp" pick when he leaves after the end of that rookie contract.  But any trade has to be a massive package and the only likely team to fork out waaaay too much for a safety would be Dallas.

18 hours ago, Dcat said:

What we paid Revis and Sanchez were indeed big problems.  Salary cap consequences of Adams will matter.  Stop pretending it doesn't.  The economics will ALWAYS be an issue, particularly for the lesser positions like Safety. 

Sorry, I didnt see this. 

Paying Revis was a problem because we paid years after we should have. We should have signed him to a deal the year we traded him. We would have gotten more elite years out of him. Instead we paid him after he had already played for Tampa and New England and he was on the down turn of his career. 

Sanchez should have never been paid. THAT was the problem, not that cap space itself. If Sanchez was an elite QB the signing wouldnt have been a problem. You're confusing bad economic decisions by a bad front office with having to nickel and dime players. But im in the middle of writing that thread anyway, so we'll discuss it there.