Sign in to follow this  
Tony The Wiz

Today's North Practice Recap

I just finished watching the practice for the North team. Some notes that I liked,  Claypool for Notre Dame looks like a physical beast next to these corners. Pitman of USC  looks fast and smooth. Both of these receivers is what I expected. Need to see what Claypool 40 is. Hopefully it is not slow. He could really bulk up and be an H Back nightmare.  I was watching the offensive lineman closely. Matt Peart of Connecticut impressed me as did Charlie Heck at left tackle.  Josh Jones didn't impress me for what position people are putting him in the draft.  Jonah Jackson of Ohio St at guard looks real good and strong. Same as when I watched in his Michigan and Wisconsin games. At center Nick Harris of Washington was impressive. His teammate Trey Adams got beat at tackle.  

Jason Strowbridge who is a DE looks like a specimen. He had some really good plays but the only one that I saw who was as strong as he was Jonah Jackson.  Josh Metellus looked good at CB and safety.  Also Tony Pride looks like an athlete playing CB. Really fast. Essang Bassey did well at CB.   Oh and the kicker Tyler Bass hit every field goal. Longest 53 yards with yards to spare. 

All three QBS threw and the best one was Jordan Love which was to be expected since Shea Patterson and Anthony Gordon is not first or 2nd day material. For me both shouldn't even get drafted. 

Oh Todd  McShay totally disagrees with Jeremiah about Love. He has him as his 40 or 46 best player in this draft. Actually just went through my notes and his ranking was 50.  I totally agree with him on this.  He is late 1st but more mid 2nd.     

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I just finished watching the practice for the North team. Some notes that I liked,  Claypool for Notre Dame looks like a physical beast next to these corners. Pitman of USC  looks fast and smooth. Both of these receivers is what I expected. Need to see what Claypool 40 is. Hopefully it is not slow. He could really bulk up and be an H Back nightmare.  I was watching the offensive lineman closely. Matt Peart of Connecticut impressed me as did Charlie Heck at left tackle.  Josh Jones didn't impress me for what position people are putting him in the draft.  Jonah Jackson of Ohio St at guard looks real good and strong. Same as when I watched in his Michigan and Wisconsin games. At center Nick Harris of Washington was impressive. His teammate Trey Adams got beat at tackle.  

Jason Strowbridge who is a DE looks like a specimen. He had some really good plays but the only one that I saw who was as strong as he was Jonah Jackson.  Josh Metellus looked good at CB and safety.  Also Tony Pride looks like an athlete playing CB. Really fast. Essang Bassey did well at CB.   Oh and the kicker Tyler Bass hit every field goal. Longest 53 yards with yards to spare. 

All three QBS threw and the best one was Jordan Love which was to be expected since Shea Patterson and Anthony Gordon is not first or 2nd day material. For me both shouldn't even get drafted. 

Oh Todd  McShay totally disagrees with Jeremiah about Love. He has him as his 40 or 46 best player in this draft. Actually just went through my notes and his ranking was 50.  I totally agree with him on this.  He is late 1st but more mid 2nd.     

Good stuff.  Thanks for sharing.

If guys like Claypool and Pittman are showing well this could really point to a historic Draft at the WR position.  How many total WRs would you guess end up with 1st, 2nd or 3rd Round grades?  Based on what I'm seeing and hearing it sounds like there could 12-15 draftable WRs in the first two days.  That's pretty crazy.

• Upvote 1