Eli Manning to Retire on Friday

Welp

21 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Greatest mediocre QB of all time 

Say what you want about him some of it is fair but when it counted he got the job done twice against the Pats in the Super Bowl which never happened with any other team.  The Eagles did it once but that way years later 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He basically had a condo in jersey. I’d thought he lived in Louisiana ?

As long as you don't count the 7,300 square foot, $5 million dollar mansion in Summit or the $9 million dollar house he has in The Hamptons.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

200.gif

(Not caring in any way, good or bad, about the NY Giants is such a wonderful feeling.)

In before Jets Fans get all worked about if he's a HOF'er or not (hint:  He will be.)

Something tells me @nyjunc    willl bludgeon you to submission telling you in intimate detail why he won't.

Right up to the day he takes his playe in the HOF

• Haha 2

The dominos are starting to fall with these "old guard" QBs from the mid-2000's.  Eli, Rivers, Brady, Roethlisberger, and soon Brees and Rodgers.  The replacement cycle is on!  Let's hope we already have ours because some of those franchises have been spoiled with great QB play and aren't ready for what may be coming.

Also, they should feel free to call Joe Douglas for a trade up! :) 

• Upvote 1

I don't know how many more times Rodgers, or Brady, or Brees competes for a Super Bowl.   There was definitely a feeling for me in these playoffs that the New QB Guard was replacing the Old QB Guard.  

But for those who say that the Mobile QB is the absolute new paradigm, let's see how Garapollo plays in the Super Bowl.  

But Eli is a good guy and real deal.  I have run into him over the years at charity events, and last year on vacation with his family.   One could argue that the Giants never should have paid him to be on the roster another year, but if you add it up, Eli Manning played football for at least a year basically for charity-he has donated an enormous amount to various causes-8 figures.   So maybe this was a way for the Maras to make it up to him.  

Darnold could learn alot from Eli Manning.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

His performance against that 49ers defense in the 2012 title game is one of the greatest QB performances I’ve ever seen. Polarizing career but has some iconic moments that will be replayed forever  and two Super Bowls. Not to mention tough as nails and always showed up on Sunday regardless of ailments.

• Upvote 2

Next generation up, about 2027 or so with Arch

You wonder what would have changed in an alternate history of the NFL if Archie played baseball instead. He was taken by the Braves in '67 out of high school, the Chisox in '70, the Royals in the Jan. draft in '71 and  Chisox again out of 'Ole Miss. It had to have been a possibility at the time.

S'long Eli. Let 'em knock you but, Hey Kid, you were good.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

gettyimages-138327232.jpg?w=1000&h=600&c

1.  Nice job in beating the Patriots.

2.  No HOF for you.

SAR I

You're not going to win this one. Two Super Bowl MVP's against the Patriots with one of those wins stopping an undefeated season gets you into Canton. He wasn't the QB of two Super Bowl teams, He was the MVP. His opponent of those two Super Bowl wins? 4 time Super Bowl MVP, Tom Brady.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

His performance against that 49ers defense in the 2012 title game is one of the greatest QB performances I’ve ever seen. Polarizing career but has some iconic moments that will be replayed forever  and two Super Bowls. Not to mention tough as nails and always showed up on Sunday regardless of ailments.

Forgot about that game...

• Upvote 1