“Free.”

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

It seems like Patriot just misunderstood my intention.

He's always been a good guy, so lets just move on. 

If the Jets can get Yannick that would be a great addition. 

Damn it I was totally up for moving on but I posted my response to him before I seen this.

so yeah 14, move on looool.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Agreed. I would def like a trade down to pick up some more picks and start building the Oline and receiving corp. I REALLY want Oline in the 1st round, but i. Really loving what Insee from Higgins outnof Clemson

RobR has me convinced that Becton is a gamer and I expect him to go in the mid teens-early 20’s, a trade down to around that area plus some picks would really serve us well. We could get that giant human being of an OT plus enough picks for a Tee Higgins, Justin Jefferson, Golden-Gandy, ect.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

RobR has me convinced that Becton is a gamer and I expect him to go in the mid teens-early 20’s, a trade down to around that area plus some picks would really serve us well. We could get that giant human being of an OT plus enough picks for a Tee Higgins, Justin Jefferson, Golden-Gandy, ect.

There's talent to be had at our draft position for sure. 

As long as we dont draft DT my television will be safe lol. 

• Haha 3

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Okay PK, you know you're one of my favorites here.

Tell me more about this Yannick Noah guy...

?

Yannick Ngakoue is a premier pass-rushing talent, deserves a multi-year extension

Run defense has never been Yannick Ngakoue’s calling card. He earned sub-60.0 run-defense grades in each of his last two seasons at Maryland (2014-15), and he’s yet to eclipse the 60.0 mark in his three years in the NFL. He slid to pick No. 69 in the 2016 NFL Draft as a result but has since exceeded expectations with the Jacksonville Jaguars because he’s still very good at what he’s always been very good at – rushing the passer.

Ngakoue’s 2015 season at Maryland was special from a pass-rushing perspective, as he recorded a top-15 pass-rush win rate (16.9%) and tossed around some future NFL offensive tackles in the process. He also earned an impressive 82.2 pass-rush grade that season, which ranked inside the top 15 among edge defenders in the 2016 class.

And he’s only improved on his pass-rushing prowess at the next level.

1E3D5F81-75F5-4F69-8571-AFC87818B0CD.thumb.png.a46be0ee343aa389eaeeb0addc63d361.png

Stepping his game up significantly in Years 2 and 3 of his NFL career, Ngakoue ranks ninth in pass-rush grade (87.6) among the 81 NFL edge defenders with 400 or more pass-rushing snaps over the past two seasons. He also ranks tied for 19th with Los Angeles Chargers’ Melvin Ingram III in pass-rush win percentage (16.0%) among the same group of qualifiers.

At 6-foot-2, 246 pounds, Ngakoue is a blend of great flexibility, athleticism and impressive burst off the snap. He can win with his hands when attacking both the outside and inside shoulders of opposing offensive tackles, and he can even surprise tackles with a powerful long-arm rush.

Ngakoue’s pass-rush grade only gets better when removing screen passes and play-action dropbacks from the mix, as well. He ranks eighth in two-year pass-rush grade (90.2) with the two play types out of the picture; the seven men ahead of him are Demarcus Lawrence (91.7), Von Miller (91.6), Joey Bosa (91.3), Dee Ford (91.0), Khalil Mack (90.5), Myles Garrett (90.4) and Cameron Jordan (90.3) – impressive company, for sure.

Drawing a magnifying glass to his early-down pass-rushing ability, and we see much of the same from Ngakoue. His 87.1 pass-rush grade on first and second downs over the past two years ranked seventh among qualifiers, again falling behind other top pass-rushers in the NFL like Miller, Lawrence, Mack, etc.

Pitted against the rest of the edge defenders in the 2016 class, only Bosa has a higher three-year pass-rush grade than Ngakoue. He ranks ahead of Leonard Floyd, Shaq Lawson, Emmanuel Ogbah, Kevin Dodd, Noah Spence, Kamalei Correa, Carl Nassib – seven of the eight edge defenders draft ahead of him in 2016.

Ngakoue’s successes as a pass-rusher should have Jacksonville’s brass jumping at the opportunity to lock him into a long-term contract. The three highest-paid pass-rushers in the NFL (Aaron Donald, DeMarcus Lawrence, Frank Clark) have all signed contracts worth $20M-plus annually, and Ngakoue is just a strong 2019 campaign away from asking for more than all three of them.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

4ECDCAEB-DDDC-4754-9FCF-0B62F85F0AA9.jpeg

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I did a little Bechton digging earlier today and I am starting to think he's my dark horse for mid first. And the guy I secretly want above all else.  Cody Ford was my guy last year with Elkton Jenkins as the second.

6'7" 370 lbs!!!   JESUS H!!! And nimble on top of it. I still think Wirfs, Thomas and Wills are gonna be the top 3 unless something major happens at the combine. No matter the hype before hand. 

Just like the Jawaan Taylor hype train last year had him consistently above Jonah Williams and Dillard for the last month leading up to the draft only to see Williams be the 1st oT off the board. Taylor was the 5th tackle taken I think. 

If the plan was a trade down from 11 we could have Bechton in the late teens I'm thinking. I can see the Colts, Bucs, Broncos and even the Titans wanting to come on up for a QB should one or more slip. 

There are so many juicy offensive tackles this year. It's gonna be awesome if JD is anywhere near who we hope he is. 

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Khalil Mack had 9 games without a sack

I see what you are getting at but you need to watch him play. Guy has a crazy motor and should absolutely be on our short list.

I'm cool with it if he gets a lot of pressures (which I didn't see that stat) because pressures can lead to errant throws and Int's . He did have some decent numbers on QB hits meaning he probably disrupted the play if he was close enough to get a hit on the QB without drawing a late hit/personal foul . Question also becomes how well does he play the LB position ? hes not a DE at 246 hes an OLB in our defense so does he do whats needed in other areas and is he a complete player ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm cool with it if he gets a lot of pressures (which I didn't see that stat) because pressures can lead to errant throws and Int's . He did have some decent numbers on QB hits meaning he probably disrupted the play if he was close enough to get a hit on the QB without drawing a late hit/personal foul . Question also becomes how well does he play the LB position ? hes not a DE at 246 hes an OLB in our defense so does he do whats needed in other areas and is he a complete player ?

Yea that aspect of his game I'm not too sure of. I'd prefer we use him of as one of our 4 players that rush. Doesn't have to be with his hand in the dirt, I'd be happy with him standing up and always moving around but still rushing. 

11 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

10 games without a sack

There's alot of context missing with that statement.

To be fair, a sack is a "Tackle for loss of the QB". 

Of the 10 games that Yannick didnt record a sack, 5 of those games he recorded a total of 6 tackles for a loss. 

In 4 years in the league, Yannick has 37.5 Sacks and 42 Tackles for a loss. That's better than our last "true" pass rusher in John Abraham during the same time span. 

Also, Yannick is a high effort guy. He tends to go hard for the entire play until the whistle and he also has a knack for forcing fumbles. In his 4 years in the league, he's been ranked in the top 10 of "Most Forced Fumbles in a season" 3 times...leading the entire league in FF back in 2017. 

In case you dont know how disruptive that is, the last Jets player to be ranked in the top 10 was Safety LaRon Landry, back in 2012. Yannick has been ranked in the top 10 for Forced Fumbles 3 times in his first 4 seasons, meanwhile, the Jets "as a team" had only 6 players make the top 10 going all the way back to 2003 and none of them led the league in FF. Think about that for a second. 

The fact that he went 10 games without a sack doesnt tell you the real story of how impactful he's been as a defender since entering the league.

Dude would make this team much better. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

And I think this very well might be what happens. He’s so light on his feet, if he blows the combine up, WOAH, look out.

I'm really looking forward to that.  I'm hoping Bechton is the guy for us. Then again if he shoots up the boards, maybe we get Wirfs. 

14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I really don’t want defense at all in the draft if I’m being honest. They can get a corner and edge in FA but I know an all-offense draft is very unlikely and maybe unwise.. not sure. 

I just know there is a huge drop off from Yannick and the rest of the FA Edge Rushers so I expect everyone and their mother to be on his agents line. Do not expect NY to get him.

Here's the thing, though; top edge rushers and CBs are insanely expensive in free agency! These are positions you should be focusing on in the draft hoping to land elite players cheap for 4-5 years at these premium spots. 

The Jets have so many needs that my preference would be to not break the bank on any one fix, but instead spread the wealth around in an effort to fill as many holes as possible. I want OL and WRs in free agency so that they're freed up to take a CB or EDGE in the draft if the value presents itself. I'd let that first, expensive wave of free agency pass by while I focused on guys who fit my vision of a team at more reasonable prices. 

Also hoping they move Adams for assets and maybe trade down for even more picks. Jets need bodies everywhere but the DL, as far as I can see. 

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

There's alot of context missing with that statement.

To be fair, a sack is a "Tackle for loss of the QB". 

Of the 10 games that Yannick didnt record a sack, 5 of those games he recorded a total of 6 tackles for a loss. 

In 4 years in the league, Yannick has 37.5 Sacks and 42 Tackles for a loss. That's better than our last "true" pass rusher in John Abraham during the same time span. 

Also, Yannick is a high effort guy. He tends to go hard for the entire play until the whistle and he also has a knack for forcing fumbles. In his 4 years in the league, he's been ranked in the top 10 of "Most Forced Fumbles in a season" 3 times...leading the entire league in FF back in 2017. 

In case you dont know how disruptive that is, the last Jets player to be ranked in the top 10 was Safety LaRon Landry, back in 2012. Yannick has been ranked in the top 10 for Forced Fumbles 3 times in his first 4 seasons, meanwhile, the Jets "as a team" had only 6 players make the top 10 going all the way back to 2003 and none of them led the league in FF. Think about that for a second. 

The fact that he went 10 games without a sack doesnt tell you the real story of how impactful he's been as a defender since entering the league.

Dude would make this team much better. 

100% agree. Good Pass Rushers can change a game without actually getting a sack but by getting QB pressures as well. If they can't get to the QB all season, sure, that is cause for concern. But dry spells like that happen to all Pass Rushers. Just imagine, most of the time the opposing coach is scheming to keep you from sacking their QB. If you draw that kind of attention and can still make an impact, you're worth the big money.  

And yes, I would let Jenkins walk and pay Yannick more. Jenkins is a purely effort pass rusher. He gets his sacks if the QB holds the ball long enough. He simply doesn't have the ability that Yannick does to get to the QB. The Jets need a pure pass rusher who knows how to get to the QB and beat one on one blocking schemes.   

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, PepPep said:

100% agree. Good Pass Rushers can change a game without actually getting a sack but by getting QB pressures as well. If they can't get to the QB all season, sure, that is cause for concern. But dry spells like that happen to all Pass Rushers. Just imagine, most of the time the opposing coach is scheming to keep you from sacking their QB. If you draw that kind of attention and can still make an impact, you're worth the big money.  

And yes, I would let Jenkins walk and pay Yannick more. Jenkins is a purely effort pass rusher. He gets his sacks if the QB holds the ball long enough. He simply doesn't have the ability that Yannick does to get to the QB. The Jets need a pure pass rusher who knows how to get to the QB and beat one on one blocking schemes.   

Exactly. Yannick is a guy who would be an incredible upgrade. Enough so that he'll take away some attention and then QW could see some more 1 on 1's in order to help his confidence and development. Jordan Jenkins isnt being schemed for any any offensive coordinator, that's just a fact.