I know what you will be doing on Friday, February 28 at 4 PM

jetstream23

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Wide receivers on 2/27 will be a lot of fun too.

I find the 40 and bench and some other measurables are obviously on stage in Indy for this event - but senior bowl, is really exposes some WRs more so than a few combine drills. 

wish juniors could compete. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I find the 40 and bench and some other measurables are obviously on stage in Indy for this event - but senior bowl, is really exposes some WRs more so than a few combine drills. 

That's it!

We're going to Indy!  Get your stopwatch you sonuvabitch!

:D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Agreed.  Or at the very least, replicate some of the 1 on 1 drills and do them at the Combine.  A lot of guys can look great agasint air, but not so much when they are lined up opposite someone trying to stop them.  I get the need for athletic testing on a level playing field whch the combine provides, but the on field drills could be so much better.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  Or at the very least, replicate some of the 1 on 1 drills and do them at the Combine.  A lot of guys can look great agasint air, but not so much when they are lined up opposite someone trying to stop them.  I get the need for athletic testing on a level playing field whch the combine provides, but the on field drills could be so much better.

I’m having to text reply, so my message little bit wonky, but sounds like you understood what I was saying. I just think there’s so much more we learn about the wide receivers at the senior bowl compared to the combine besides some numbers

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

I’m having to text reply, so my message little bit wonky, but sounds like you understood what I was saying. I just think there’s so much more we learn about the wide receivers at the senior bowl compared to the combine besides some numbers

Understood exactly what you were saying.  Use a guy like Stephen Hill, he would have been exposed at the Sr Bowl, couldn't separate, couldn't win contested balls, couldn't hold on to the ball after contact; but let the guy run routes against air and he looked great.  I am still waitiing for the first time during a game when a WR has to run uncontested across the field while footballs are fired at him from different directions and he has to make 7 catches on one play.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'm hoping other position groups light it on fire and elevate their standing so we get a choice of OTs and can add another really good oline prospect with the 2nd rounder or one of our 3rds.

I am praying that Chaisson either blows it up so he goes top 10 and is out of the equation for us; dropping one of the OTs.  Either that or he tests so poorly that he is out of the equation altogether removing the temptation at 11.  Would be huge if an edge or 2 could move into the Top 10 after this afternoon.

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Ha!  I bought the SDS last week...not a lot, not enough....but it put a dent in the pain of this past week.

Be hedged my friends!

I always preach patience in times like this.  We have been through adjustments/corrections before and things come back.  Selling off to try to buy in at the low can blow up on you.  Patience.  The market will come back.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I always preach patience in times like this.  We have been through adjustments/corrections before and things come back.  Selling off to try to buy in at the low can blow up on you.  Patience.  The market will come back.

yeah... this one is a bit different from past corrections.  I still have faith, but I wouldn't recommend buying until at least a couple of dead-cat bounces.  I'll buy in in once there is better news about treatment.  Hopefully China fesses up that they derived/created this virus from animals at their governmental facilities and not from some random citizen eating an infected animal.   I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but I truly believe the Chinese government developed this virus at one or both of their Wuhan facilities.  No coincidence.  

4 hours ago, section314 said:

Agreed. Went to 30% bonds 2 weeks ago, same idea. Helped a bit, but still in concussion protocol.?

Exactly.  It never feels good but nobody can time the bottom.  I just by the Ultra Short S&P ETF which is SDS....It essentially goes up in value about 2-3% for every 1% drop in the S&P 500.  I don't want to pick certain stocks that I own to sell....I want to hang on to them, so putting some money into an overall hedge like SDS cushions the blow a bit, although not enough. 

• Sympathy 1