CeeDee Lamb vs Jerry Jeudy Who should the Jets take in 2020 NFL Draft?

31 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

When did I say it was undersized? The point is that teams aren't as concerned with BIG WRs as you are making out.

That doesn't mean teams wouldn't prefer a big, speedy WR.

I’m on a tropical holiday, and I don’t wanna argue. I’m not saying you’re out to lunch, nor did I specify how big they have to be. I was providing some pushback on the notion that Tyreek Hill is the new desirable prototype. I don’t think that’s accurate. There’s an appetite for speed, yes, but all things being equal such as health age etc., teams will always pick Julio Jones over Tyreek Hill IMO

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I'm not reaching for anyone.  I'll just be disappointed that once again the draft falls in a way that is bad for the jets.

That fair. I'm really hoping as well that Thomas, Wirfs, or Wills reaches #11. It will make the rest of the draft much better. Guy like Pittman or Johnson (Minn) in Rd 2 would be better with a top OT than other way around.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

I’m on a tropical holiday, and I don’t wanna argue. I’m not saying you’re out to lunch, nor did I specify how big they have to be. I was providing some pushback on the notion that Tyreek Hill is the new desirable prototype. I don’t think that’s accurate. There’s an appetite for speed, yes, but all things being equal such as health age etc., teams will always pick Julio Jones over Tyreek Hill IMO

Yes, we all know that. Julio is both huge and fast. He's a freak. 

The Ravens, a pretty smart organisation, took Marquise Brown in the first last year despite only being 5'9. 

Obviously, everyone would prefer a guy to have browns or hills speed/quickness to go along with a 6'3 frame. 

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty confident we are going to get a player we really want/need. The 3 QBs and Young will go, so if the worst case scenario of the top 3 OL and Jeudy/Lamb are gone that would mean we'd need 2 other potential options. Let's assume Okudah is gone so really just 1 player we like.

Brown and Simmons are really the worst case scenario but you'd have to imagine there would be a lot of teams looking to move up.

I'm not too worried, I'm 100% on the CeeDee Lamb train especially if we can figure out the OL in FA

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm pretty confident we are going to get a player we really want/need. The 3 QBs and Young will go, so if the worst case scenario of the top 3 OL and Jeudy/Lamb are gone that would mean we'd need 2 other potential options. Let's assume Okudah is gone so really just 1 player we like.

Brown and Simmons are really the worst case scenario but you'd have to imagine there would be a lot of teams looking to move up.

I'm not too worried, I'm 100% on the CeeDee Lamb train especially if we can figure out the OL in FA

While I highly doubt teams will want to move up for either of those two guys, it would be incredibly ironic if the Jets finally executed a trade down scenario in the first round and the player that the other team was trading up for was a defensive tackle.  

On 1/23/2020 at 6:06 PM, RoadFan said:

Neither.  OL is the absolute priority.

Godwin, Golladay, and Kupp were 3rd round picks.

Michael Thomas, AJ Brown, Courtland Sutton, and DJ Chark;  2nd rounders.

This is a deep WR draft.  A 1st round talent will be available when they pick again.   PROTECT DARNOLD.

I agree but it’s very likely that the top 2 tackles are gone and wills weakness is pass protection so the Jets could very likely be in a position where the best option is a WR or edge rusher 

• Upvote 1

On 1/24/2020 at 9:42 AM, Paradis said:

Every day of the week.

37 minutes ago, Larz said:

I agree but it’s very likely that the top 2 tackles are gone and wills weakness is pass protection so the Jets could very likely be in a position where the best option is a WR or edge rusher 

Someone will get to us at 11 either Thomas or Becton

Jets need to trade Adams for a first so they can also draft Lamb

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

why?  whats your thoughts?

He looks to be better at battling for the ball, and breaking tackles afer catch...  i think an inch or too taller...    very slightly beefier

JJ is very very similar in build to the reviled Robby. He's fast and can run by you...   as I have mentioned elsewhere my spidey sense has doubts that arent quite exoplkainable and, OBVIOUSLY, could be wrong...

so...CD seems MORE PHYSICAL...and i think we'll need that in the short to imetrmediate range where Sam is best.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

He looks to be better at battling for the ball, and breaking tackles afer catch...  i think an inch or too taller...    very slightly beefier

JJ is very very similar in build to the reviled Robby. He's fast and can run by you...   as I have mentioned elsewhere my spidey sense has doubts that arent quite exoplkainable and, OBVIOUSLY, could be wrong...

so...CD seems MORE PHYSICAL...and i think we'll need that in the short to imetrmediate range where Sam is best.

I’m not knocking Jeudy but Ceedee just looks like he knows how to play the position.  His body control, route running, hands, positioning, game speed it’s all there

Stephen Hill ran a 4.2 40 and was 6-5 220 lbs he was physically the prototype but he had no idea how function as a WR

On 1/23/2020 at 5:07 PM, Beerfish said:

I am really hoping it does not come down to them.  Nothing against two very good prospects but I'll be disappointed if we do not come away with a OT at 11.

To me it all depends on what they're able to get in FA.

• Upvote 1

On 1/25/2020 at 2:32 PM, Losmeister said:

from my reading Lamb is an inch shorter and a few lbs lighter than Jeudy.. IDK if one is more physical than the other.

If we take a receiver it will probably come down to the draft combine performance and measurements, but Id lean towards Jeudy only because I ve read his routes are very precise and he seems more pro ready.

26 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

from my reading Lamb is an inch shorter and a few lbs lighter than Jeudy.. IDK if one is more physical than the other.

If we take a receiver it will probably come down to the draft combine performance and measurements, but Id lean towards Jeudy only because I ve read his routes are very precise and he seems more pro ready.

i just type in name then height weight and thru wikipedia i get the EXACT opposite...  CD 1.5 inches taller plus a kilo or so,,.,

not aimed at YOYU but i have asked this recently..

what METRIC is there for route running except any moke with a mic saying someone is more or less precise...   unless i hear COACHES with bona fides telling me ....it means nothing to me.,..

17 hours ago, Losmeister said:

i just type in name then height weight and thru wikipedia i get the EXACT opposite...  CD 1.5 inches taller plus a kilo or so,,.,

not aimed at YOYU but i have asked this recently..

what METRIC is there for route running except any moke with a mic saying someone is more or less precise...   unless i hear COACHES with bona fides telling me ....it means nothing to me.,..

Jeudy’s routes are amazing.  I still prefer Lamb but I think both are going to be really good