Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jetstream23

Kiper's first mock 1.0 up on ESPN+

Recommended Posts

Won't copy/paste it from a paid site but here's the Jets summary....  Still available when the Jets pick at #11 are Wirfs, Wills, Lamb and Jeudy (that's a dream scenario).  QBs Burrow, Tua and Herbert are all gone so a trade down is unlikely.  Kiper has the Jets selecting OT Jeddrick Wills.  Kiper has Andrew Thomas and Mekhi Becton going before #11.....and right after the Jets at 12, 13, 14?  Lamb, Jeudy, Wirfs.

That's almost a perfect scenario for the Jets in my mind.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Won't copy/paste it from a paid site but here's the Jets summary....  Still available when the Jets pick at #11 are Wirfs, Wills, Lamb and Jeudy (that's a dream scenario).  QBs Burrow, Tua and Herbert are all gone so a trade down is unlikely.  Kiper has the Jets selecting OT Jeddrick Wills.  Kiper has Andrew Thomas and Mekhi Becton going before #11.....and right after the Jets at 12, 13, 14?  Lamb, Jeudy, Wirfs.

That's almost a perfect scenario for the Jets in my mind.

 

I like Kiper better than Jeremiah.  But only as repsects their initial mocks.  Otherwise I find him incredibly annoying to watch/listen to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Won't copy/paste it from a paid site but here's the Jets summary....  Still available when the Jets pick at #11 are Wirfs, Wills, Lamb and Jeudy (that's a dream scenario).  QBs Burrow, Tua and Herbert are all gone so a trade down is unlikely.  Kiper has the Jets selecting OT Jeddrick Wills.  Kiper has Andrew Thomas and Mekhi Becton going before #11.....and right after the Jets at 12, 13, 14?  Lamb, Jeudy, Wirfs.

That's almost a perfect scenario for the Jets in my mind.

 

I would say that this mock most aligns with how I have those players graded with the exception of three QB's going that high.

You obviously have Burrow and although he doesn't deserve it I can see someone taking a shot on Herbert. When it comes to Tua I could see him taking a huge slide. There are so many red flags in my book on Tua I couldn't justify taking him that high. He always had tons of time to make decisions and threw to the best goddamn set of WR's this country ever saw. Then factor in all of his injuries and surgeries and he's fools gold IMO. Hope Miami takes him.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s pretty much a chalk mock draft based on what we know on January 24th.  A lot will depend on Tua’s medicals as we approach draft time.  If he still has serious questions, then I could see the Chargers and Dolphins maybe trading up to go after Herbert.  We shall see.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that we have our QB, both Tua and Herbert are fools gold.

I don;t know enough about the olineman to know who I would prefer between wirfs and wills.

As long as we come away with one of the top guys, whoever they may be by draft time.  I am happy.

I for sure think this front office will value olineman but I am a bit worried about how they might view wrs.  We need to draft two of them imo, and this is a good crop of them.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I love that we have our QB, both Tua and Herbert are fools gold.

 

100% this!  It's nice not to be reaching and chasing a hopeful savior for QB.

 

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don;t know enough about the olineman to know who I would prefer between wirfs and wills.

As long as we come away with one of the top guys, whoever they may be by draft time.  I am happy.

I for sure think this front office will value olineman but I am a bit worried about how they might view wrs.  We need to draft two of them imo, and this is a good crop of them.

 

The thing we all have to hope for is that 4 things are lining up very well for the Jets...

1. The Jets clear need is at Offensive Line

2. The 2020 Draft is considered to be a very good one for OLine talent, especially OTs in the first two rounds and some interior guys in the middle rounds.

3. The Jets new GM is a former offensive lineman, seems to understand the importance of that unit, and comes from organizations where OLine was considered important.

4. As compared to last year (with no 2nd round pick), the Jets have the ammo to capitalize on what this Draft has with 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 3rd round picks.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to add some more picks in a loaded draft in areas of need. We really couldnt ask for more. Already have the QB in place and our need is OLine and Wr which this draft is deep with. It is soooo temping to want to trade a player like Adams to add picks in hopes to replenish with young top players on offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dream scenario indeed. I still like Wirfs over Wills if only because of his versatility and athletic upside. But would be very happy with Wills. I'm still a big believer that you have to pass on WR if one of the top 3 OTs are on the board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...