Boomer Esiason Prank

Kolchak

When Boomer was a Jet, I vaguely remember him pulling the free turkey prank on rookies that year.  It was recorded and broadcast on MSG, I think.  Those were some hard partying years for me, so I may have it wrong.  Anyone recall something like that being done in the early 90's? If so, know of a possible link to the video?  Couldn't find anything with Google, so I figured I'd ask here.

I did this at my government job I told the new guys to go to the main office to get their free ham for Easter 2 of them went. LOL I was called in and I said well if these are the people you are hiring who believed me then I have nothing to say. We all laughed and still do to this day when I see some of them. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I did this at my government job I told the new guys to go to the main office to get their free ham for Easter 2 of them went. LOL I was called in and I said well if these are the people you are hiring who believed me then I have nothing to say. We all laughed and still do to this day when I see some of them. 

I am sure they respected you greatly after.

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

We did this every Christmas to the newbies. We even had FREE HAM stickers made up for them to "turn in" to HR. Great times.

Its a shame some people walk around with a stick up their ass and act all prim, proper and professional when in reality they aren't. 

It was a harmless joke no one got hurt, great times for sure. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Its a shame some people walk around with a stick up their ass and act all prim, proper and professional when in reality they aren't. 

It was a harmless joke no one got hurt, great times for sure. 

In a fit of rage after being humiliated by your practical joke, one of those men you pranked actually ran down my grandfather with a pickup truck.  Luckily he didn't kill him.  But both his legs were severed at the knees and could not be reattached even after 11 hours of micro-surgery.  And Pops also lost all sense of smell which haunted him till the day he was trampled by a crazed elephant at a Ringling Brothers performance.  Just couldn't smell the peanuts on its breath. Although Pops tried valiantly, he just did not have enough arm strength to propel his wheelchair past the rampaging beast.  RIP and hugs, grandpops.  

• WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

In a fit of rage after being humiliated by your practical joke, one of those men you pranked actually ran down my grandfather with a pickup truck.  Luckily he didn't kill him.  But both his legs were severed at the knees and could not be reattached even after 11 hours of micro-surgery.  And Pops also lost all sense of smell which haunted him till the day he was trampled by a crazed elephant at a Ringling Brothers performance.  Just couldn't smell the peanuts on its breath. Although Pops tried valiantly, he just did not have enough arm strength to propel his wheelchair past the rampaging beast.  RIP and hugs, grandpops.  

Neither own a pickup truck. 

They both returned to work after lunch laughing about the entire thing,

We are good friends till this day. 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 12:29 PM, Kolchak said:

When Boomer was a Jet, I vaguely remember him pulling the free turkey prank on rookies that year.  It was recorded and broadcast on MSG, I think.  Those were some hard partying years for me, so I may have it wrong.  Anyone recall something like that being done in the early 90's? If so, know of a possible link to the video?  Couldn't find anything with Google, so I figured I'd ask here.

Just curious, what was Booners best season as a Jet? Record wise..

On 1/24/2020 at 6:32 PM, munchmemory said:

Sorry for your loss. 

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2020 at 6:32 PM, munchmemory said:

3269db62becfbf78a41affe0062f0b91.jpg.d3ecc48a660b6eeae557e703b9d465d5.jpg

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2