I Have a Feeling..

TNJet

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I have a feeling that Jamal Adams is getting a long-term contract and will retire as one of the most respected Jets of all time.

SAR I

The feelings are wrong with this one. Hope you don't want to pay a franchise QB, LT, or RB anything more than peanuts because thats the amount of money we'll have left if we keep giving Jamal the money he thinks he's worth.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

Pointless to speculate tbqh.

No point getting hopes up (or dreading, if you think building around Adams is the route to a title....)

No point being disappointed if it doesn't happen.

What will be, will be.

As folks know, I'd much rather have a WR and O-Lineman Draft Picks (1st and 3rd) and an average FA Safety than Adams.

But some folks seem to think Adams is the key to our future Super Bowl, so, sure.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Pointless to speculate tbqh.

No point getting hopes up (or dreading, if you think building around Adams is the route to a title....)

No point being disappointed if it doesn't happen.

What will be, will be.

This mofo will demand the highest SS salary ever. I'd rather save some for a position of impact. 

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, TNJet said:

The Jamal Adams trade will come right around draft time, picking up 2 high value picks or maybe more. It'll be a shot in the dark, but the right move for the better of this football team and I for one, can't wait.  Bring on that extra first and second round pick. Oline/wr success here we come! Go Jets! Bye bye twitter mouth!

Strike while the iron is hot! Good thought....

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, TNJet said:

The feelings are wrong with this one. Hope you don't want to pay a franchise QB, LT, or RB anything more than peanuts because thats the amount of money we'll have left if we keep giving Jamal the money he thinks he's worth.

I love this argument.  You do realize that no one has ever heard a single peep about a single number concerning Jamal. Everything, even so called educated guesses are simply make believe at this point. Member when Bell was gonna get 16-18 per?  Member dat?  I member.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

I love this argument.  You do realize that no one has ever heard a single peep about a single number concerning Jamal. Everything, even so called educated guesses are simply make believe at this point. Member when Bell was gonna get 16-18 per?  Member dat?  I member.  

Member when Bell sat out a year and was afraid nobody wanted his lazy ass forcing him to lower his self appounted value? I member dat...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I just prefer to build an elite Offense rather than continue the Jets two-decades-long failed effort to win via Defense.

Adams is a Rex Ryan cornerstone type player.  Rex would try and build around him.

I'd prefer to build around Sam, and maximize the talent on Offense, especially on the O-line.

I'm tired of being a top 10 Defense, bottom 5 Offense, and having a losing uncompetitive team.

Adams is the status quo.  Good'ish Defense, bad record.

Trading him and drafting Offense is trying to do something different.  It could easily fail.  But at least it'd be trying.

Keeping Adams (or worse, paying him a ton to play Strong Safety) is the same old, same old backwards Jets.

Interesting thought. He's probably who Rex thought he was getting in Calvin Pryor.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I have a feeling that Jamal Adams is getting a long-term contract and will retire as one of the most respected Jets of all time.

SAR I

The last I heard, I think it’s leaning this way. 

Joe D is gonna have to be thrown something like an all pro player plus a 1st to even have him think about it. 

• Sympathy 1

We have too many holes to make a SS the highest paid player at his position. Sucks but it is what it is! Trade him for a minimum 1st and 3rd this year and rebuild the offense. Darnold needs to be priority 1 and it's time this franchise started to get him help instead of building the defense

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, SR24 said:

We have too many holes to make a SS the highest paid player at his position. Sucks but it is what it is! Trade him for a minimum 1st and 3rd this year and rebuild the offense. Darnold needs to be priority 1 and it's time this franchise started to get him help instead of building the defense

It's amazing, we could literally have three new O-linemen top prospect and a top prospect #1 and #2 WR's drafted in the first three rounds of what appears to be a good draft for OL and WR IF we traded Adams.

Instant Offensive Rebuild.

Pick up a RB and a Safety in the 4th/5th, and we've rebuilt our entire Offense with young, hopefully long-term talent to support Sam AND have another prospect Safety (not as good most likely, but again, actual Safety production may not be hugely different, especially if our LB's actually play LB this year instead of Adams playing LB).

I just can't overlook how much would could rebuild the O simply bt:

1. Trading Adms.

2. Drafting Offense

3. Not being tempted by "EDGE!" or CB (or DT or Safety, lol) in the high rounds for a change.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Thats why he settled, Jamal won't sit out a year and sure as hell won't settle for less.

Again, you're making things up to apply to this instance.  That's the point. We haven't heard one whiff of a hold out or his demands other than from posters here. At least I haven't seen it. If you have some goodies let me know. 

I'm just saying that it's pointless to get our panties all jumbled up over things that haven't even been hinted at. Ya know? 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's amazing, we could literally have three new O-linemen top prospect and a top prospect #1 and #2 WR's drafted in the first three rounds of what appears to be a good draft for OL and WR IF we traded Adams.

Pick up a RB and a Safety in the 4th/5th, and we've rebuilt our entire Offense with young, hopefully long-term talent to support Sam AND have another prospect Safety (not as good most likely, but again, actual Safety production may not be hugely different, especially if our LB's actually play LB this year instead of Adams playing LB).

1. Trading Adms.

2. Drafting Offense

3. Not being tempted by "EDGE!" or CB (or DT or Safety, lol) in the high rounds for a change.

If this were the case it would have to be considered.  I just don't see it. We've talked at length why money alone is much more palatable than money + draft capital. The idea of paying the highest paid safety vs. paying the highest paid safety AND surrendering a 2 1sts or a 1st and a 3rd is simply unrealistic in my view.  I struggle to see it happening. It's akin to "what would you do if you won the lottery?" conversations. 

oh.. I'd give half to charity by the way.. You listening God???? 

And I sure as hell have no interest in giving Adams away because ya know...Mahomes and Tweets and stuff. 

It's a tough one for me to get behind, but if it was real you have to, at minimum consider the trade. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

The Jamal Adams trade will come right around draft time, picking up 2 high value picks or maybe more. It'll be a shot in the dark, but the right move for the better of this football team and I for one, can't wait.  Bring on that extra first and second round pick. Oline/wr success here we come! Go Jets! Bye bye twitter mouth!

That feeling usually leads to cotton mouth. 

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

there's certainly some argument that can be made for this but you don't build teams by  trading away impact players.   if they trade adams for picks then they need to replace his value as a player from somewhere whether it be the draft or free agency.  and then there's is no guarantee that the players they get in the draft will be worth as much.  the draft is still a bit of a crap shoot and it's nearly impossible to say which players will ultimately be worth their draft position.  imo adams is worth more than his draft position so whatever they trade for must give them the same draft value as the no. 6 pick.  another point this is probably the only draft where adams' value is maximised.  after this season his value goes down as his rookie contract starts to expire.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

1. Trading Adms.

2. Drafting Offense

Exactly!!!! This draft is so deep in positions we really need it it makes a ton of sense to move Adams, get some picks and also avoid the big contract he'll get. 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

The idea of paying the highest paid safety vs. paying the highest paid safety AND surrendering a 2 1sts or a 1st and a 3rd is simply unrealistic in my view.

Fair enough, but that was the rumoured compensation Dallas offered to Douglas that created the hubbub.

I'll be honest, I'd trade him for a 1st and SOMETHING of value, a player, a 4th, two 5th.  

But I appreciate that others hold him in MUCH higher regard than I do.  I think he is entirely surplus, and moving him will have almost effect on W/L.

What I'd do with a #1, for Sam, would.  And I think a #1 and something is entirely reasonable, see the Phins trade not so long ago.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

1. Trading Adms.

2. Drafting Offense

I love Adams as a player but with the return of CJ Mosely & his monster contract Adams is a luxury this talentless team can do without. 

Whos going to trade for him? Dallas? Isn't Cooper a free agent? Plus Dak isn't signed yet? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Fair enough, but that was the rumoured compensation Dallas offered to Douglas that created the hubbub.

I'll be honest, I'd trade him for a 1st and SOMETHING of value, a player, a 4th, two 5th.  

But I appreciate that others hold him in MUCH higher regard than I do.  I think he is entirely surplus, and moving him will have almost effect on W/L.

What I'd do with a #1, for Sam, would.  And I think a #1 and something is entirely reasonable, see the Phins trade not so long ago.

I'd move him for #17 and a 3rd from Dallas. Gives us 11,17,48,68(from NYG),79 and 82. 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds+ signing at least 1 quality OL (Conklin,Thuney) as well as 1 lower tier OL (Glasgow) in free agency would completely revamp the offense while also giving us the flexibility to add an edge and corner with those 3rds if the value is there. It's a no brainer as long as we can get that kind of value back in a trade which idt will be a problem

• Upvote 2