TNJet

I Have a Feeling..

Because I believe there are NFL Execs who, like so many here at JN, think Adams is great and makes a difference.
And to be clear, I don't say crap about him.  He's very good.  He simply plays a luxury position of minimal impact, in my view.  I value OL and WR > Safety.
His online talking is not my cup of tea, but irrelevant to my view on retain vs. trade.
One could argue any position is a luxury position with minimal impact. Look at the last 49ers game, I could say qb was a luxury position with minimal impact and I could have some very valid points. If we are being fair to Adams though he has had games where his impact was minimal but he has also had plays that have resulted in our team winning a game. I don't understand how people get so caught up with thinking one position is more valuable than another to the point of thinking you can just toss away a great player from one of the "bad" positions and replace him with anyone from an important position and somehow upgrade the team. Football is a team sport and every position is important.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Totes. Mahomes was a luxury pick u guyz. We already had Hackenberg
Mahomes was not even the best qb prospect available when we drafted Adams. The evaluations on these kids are never exactly what they are projected to be. Many did not view mahomes as a first round prospect and no NFL scout has the hindsight of what these guys will be before they are drafted.

For once I’d like our GM to outsmart the “many” or “most” “experts” who get this sh*t wrong.
I really don't think it is even that simple. One of these players could be good somewhere and might not be the same player if they went somewhere else. There are more factors to it than this guy was a great pick by team x therefore he would have been for team y.

Yes, it is that simple. Mahomes would be an elite QB with each and every one of the 32 NFL teams.

Just because KC was the BEST landing spot for Mahomes doesn’t mean it was the ONLY one where he’d be successful.

So if he went to a team with an offensive line that gives him no time and recievers who constantly can't get open or can't hold onto the ball he is still an elite QB? No, he would be a scapegoat.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company