TNJet

I Have a Feeling..

We have too many holes to make a SS the highest paid player at his position. Sucks but it is what it is! Trade him for a minimum 1st and 3rd this year and rebuild the offense. Darnold needs to be priority 1 and it's time this franchise started to get him help instead of building the defense

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

It's amazing, we could literally have three new O-linemen top prospect and a top prospect #1 and #2 WR's drafted in the first three rounds of what appears to be a good draft for OL and WR IF we traded Adams.

Instant Offensive Rebuild.

Pick up a RB and a Safety in the 4th/5th, and we've rebuilt our entire Offense with young, hopefully long-term talent to support Sam AND have another prospect Safety (not as good most likely, but again, actual Safety production may not be hugely different, especially if our LB's actually play LB this year instead of Adams playing LB).

I just can't overlook how much would could rebuild the O simply bt:

1. Trading Adms.

2. Drafting Offense

3. Not being tempted by "EDGE!" or CB (or DT or Safety, lol) in the high rounds for a change.

Exactly!!!! This draft is so deep in positions we really need it it makes a ton of sense to move Adams, get some picks and also avoid the big contract he'll get. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Fair enough, but that was the rumoured compensation Dallas offered to Douglas that created the hubbub.

I'll be honest, I'd trade him for a 1st and SOMETHING of value, a player, a 4th, two 5th.  

But I appreciate that others hold him in MUCH higher regard than I do.  I think he is entirely surplus, and moving him will have almost effect on W/L.

What I'd do with a #1, for Sam, would.  And I think a #1 and something is entirely reasonable, see the Phins trade not so long ago.

I'd move him for #17 and a 3rd from Dallas. Gives us 11,17,48,68(from NYG),79 and 82. 6 picks in the 1st 3 rounds+ signing at least 1 quality OL (Conklin,Thuney) as well as 1 lower tier OL (Glasgow) in free agency would completely revamp the offense while also giving us the flexibility to add an edge and corner with those 3rds if the value is there. It's a no brainer as long as we can get that kind of value back in a trade which idt will be a problem

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company