TNJet

I Have a Feeling..

13 hours ago, TNJet said:

The Jamal Adams trade will come right around draft time, picking up 2 high value picks or maybe more. It'll be a shot in the dark, but the right move for the better of this football team and I for one, can't wait.  Bring on that extra first and second round pick. Oline/wr success here we come! Go Jets! Bye bye twitter mouth!

I have a feeling you have no life or are just too damn lazy to read the other 100 threads about this same thing. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TNJet said:

This mofo will demand the highest SS salary ever. I'd rather save some for a position of impact. 

Damn, you are the man. I mean such an original post. Who would have ever thought to bring up the position of importance argument in terms on Adams

12 hours ago, TNJet said:

The feelings are wrong with this one. Hope you don't want to pay a franchise QB, LT, or RB anything more than peanuts because thats the amount of money we'll have left if we keep giving Jamal the money he thinks he's worth.

Really, signing one player is going to eat up so much cap that we won't  be able to sign 3 others?

Someone get Tanny on the phone. We need a guy who can structure a deal. 

3 minutes ago, TNJet said:

No I just can't wait for it to happen. We can finally have an offensive line again and compete in the playoffs since a fckin decade. Or we could keep captain big mouth and stay 6-10 next season.

Got news for you, it's  not happening. 

There is no reason to trade the guy with 2 years left on his deal. 

5 minutes ago, TNJet said:

JD listened once he'll listen again come draft day. He's a former G, he knows how bad our oline is...he knows we have a good fs in Maye. You're Jamal love is quite a turnoff btw lol

What is a turnoff are people who can't  have an original thought and have to keep vomiting  the same exact crap with the same exact talking points that have been posted here since the trade deadline past. 

If a deal was going to be made, that is when it would have happened. This idea you all have that he is worth multiple picks is ludicrous.  If he was offered a first and turned it down, what makes you think he will take it now? 

My point is all the things you mentioned can be fixed while keeping Adams if JD is as good as everyone says he is. This is an incredibly deep draft at OL, possibly the deepest ever. There will be solid picks at that position into the third round. JD should be able to draft Lamb or Jeudy in the first and still come away with three other guys that will upgrade the OL. Anyone that thinks the only way we can fix it is trading Adams has no faith that JD can properly run a draft. 

Oh, btw, Maye sucked last season. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Because I believe there are NFL Execs who, like so many here at JN, think Adams is great and makes a difference.

And to be clear, I don't say crap about him.  He's very good.  He simply plays a luxury position of minimal impact, in my view.  I value OL and WR > Safety.

His online talking is not my cup of tea, but irrelevant to my view on retain vs. trade.

Do you really think Adams had a minimal impact on the Jets last season?

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

What if, hear me out now, WHAT IF, these talking points keep getting recycled because....they’re valid and people are opening their eyes. wild concept, I know.

Not true at all lol. Is there some sort of offseason trade deadline? No. The difference the offseason brings is that we’re in full scout mode now, if JD and his crew spot two players they absolutely love and must have on this team, an extra first round pick would be exactly what they need to make that reality. With more time to scout comes more time to become enamored with this class.

This is not the deepest OL draft ever lol. It’s a nice decent one at Guard and a better one at Tackle but absolutely lacks at Center. Adam’s being traded doesn’t just give us a pick either, it frees up future money that can be allocated else where. JD doesn’t fail or succeed by pleasing you and others here by keeping a strong safety. It doesn’t make him less at all, what makes him less is if he cannot hit on picks, pretty much the standard for any unproven GM. Jamal Adam’s roster security is irrelevant if JD is a good drafter. 

Mate actually showed improvement in coverage and run support. Has he ever really had a “bad” game that you can remember off the top of your head? No. He constantly grades out with high marks thru out this year and had several really big moments from the blanket coverage in the Steelers game or the hard hitting/secure tackling in the Bills game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/jets/2019/11/this-player-is-jets-hidden-underrated-gem.html%3foutputType=amp

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/marcus-maye-pff-grade-92-3-2nd-best-safety-of-week-1-in-the-nfl.92771/

There is actually too much here to address in one response but I'll try.

The recycling  is not needed. The OP could have used the search to bring up the last thread on this which was about 2 weeks ago. The same posters still have the same positions. Are they valid, imo I would say no. Adams has not shown signs of wanting to hold out, there have been no leaks about hin seeking a record contract, and he is on his rookie deal. We will never have him at a value of this type ever again and should take full advantage of it. 

As far as the deal being made at the trade deadline instead of before the draft, there is a saying in business, your first offer is usually  your best offer. We might not see another offer for Adams that high again because the Cowboys at the time were loading up for a playoff run and probably thought adding Adams could push them over the hump. What hump are teams trying to get over now? As far as trading multi picks for a single player, how often has that worked out. When we got two first rounders for Key, do you really think Key was the reason Tampa won the SB? Key was outplayed by Chrebet in a game against the Jets where he went I think he went catchless and Chrebet caught the game winning TD. How did Minnesota  trading all that capital to get Walker workout? DItka trading out of an entire draft to take Waters? There is only one position  you can point to where it makes sense, QB. Adams is not a QB so unless we have a GM that does something stupid, we likely  don't  get a multi pick deal for Adams. This is the point most people are trying to make with Adams, get a multi pick package. It just is not reality. Right now I doubt we would get more than a second rounder for him due to the big payday he is going to have. 

As far as OL in this draft, i have read in a bunch of draft articles this is the deepest draft at OL and WR we have seen in decades. If you don't  want to agree, it's  your prerogative.

As far as Maye, Maye is the guy you want to see preventing deep plays, making picks, and helping out DB's. I guess this is why I don't  grade the position because I didn't  see much impact from him in any of those places but I do remember a few blown coverages. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Oh? Where's the evidence in this? Bs argument.

My eyes

• Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Apparently only your ears are working, you just hear Jamal's mouth and chest pounding.

Ok, so the only way for you to defend your point is to hurl personal insults. 

I put up a link to an article that directly refuted what you said and you gave me a butt fumble.  Don't  let facts get in the way of your argument. 

33 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Haha. Maye > Adams. All day Maye baby, my fave DB on the Jets. Can't wait for those Offensive lineman we get in the Jamal trade. Playoffs are on the horizon...Let the Ravens have Capt. Twitter Wars.

Is this supposed to make me feel bad. coffee lol GIF

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company