TNJet

I Have a Feeling..

Pointless to speculate tbqh.

No point getting hopes up (or dreading, if you think building around Adams is the route to a title....)

No point being disappointed if it doesn't happen.

What will be, will be.

As folks know, I'd much rather have a WR and O-Lineman Draft Picks (1st and 3rd) and an average FA Safety than Adams.

But some folks seem to think Adams is the key to our future Super Bowl, so, sure.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, SR24 said:

We have too many holes to make a SS the highest paid player at his position. Sucks but it is what it is! Trade him for a minimum 1st and 3rd this year and rebuild the offense. Darnold needs to be priority 1 and it's time this franchise started to get him help instead of building the defense

It's amazing, we could literally have three new O-linemen top prospect and a top prospect #1 and #2 WR's drafted in the first three rounds of what appears to be a good draft for OL and WR IF we traded Adams.

Instant Offensive Rebuild.

Pick up a RB and a Safety in the 4th/5th, and we've rebuilt our entire Offense with young, hopefully long-term talent to support Sam AND have another prospect Safety (not as good most likely, but again, actual Safety production may not be hugely different, especially if our LB's actually play LB this year instead of Adams playing LB).

I just can't overlook how much would could rebuild the O simply bt:

1. Trading Adms.

2. Drafting Offense

3. Not being tempted by "EDGE!" or CB (or DT or Safety, lol) in the high rounds for a change.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

The idea of paying the highest paid safety vs. paying the highest paid safety AND surrendering a 2 1sts or a 1st and a 3rd is simply unrealistic in my view.

Fair enough, but that was the rumoured compensation Dallas offered to Douglas that created the hubbub.

I'll be honest, I'd trade him for a 1st and SOMETHING of value, a player, a 4th, two 5th.  

But I appreciate that others hold him in MUCH higher regard than I do.  I think he is entirely surplus, and moving him will have almost effect on W/L.

What I'd do with a #1, for Sam, would.  And I think a #1 and something is entirely reasonable, see the Phins trade not so long ago.

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Thanks.

I love the guys who go on and on about Adams.

Thay don't want to pay him

His position doesn't affect Ws and Lx

He's a big mouth etc etc

Then they say, "We can get a 1 and a 2 or 3 for this guy..." Because yeah, every other GM out there is looking for a guy looking for a huge contract, plays saf… ahh you get the idea. My goodness, these Adams threads just never stop, and it's always the same nonsense, just a different day.

It's not rocket science tbh.

Teams one piece away vs. teams 20 pieces away.

An All-Pro Safety might just help a "one piece away" team get over a hump, especially if they need Defense and their QB, WR, RB, O-Line are in a good place.

An All-Pro Safety doesn't really move the needle on a team dead last in the NFL on Offense and who is generally uncompetitive in the league as a whole. 

The respective values these two types of teams might place on a strong safety pass rusher may clearly be different.

If we need an example look no further than Minkah Fitzpatrick, traded away by a bad team (Phins) to a team that thought it might be one player away (till their QB got broken).  Phins weren't a playoff competitor with Minkah, he didn't move that loser franchise's needle.  They got a 1st and a 5th for him, and Adams is better (so I keep hearing here by Adams fans).

So a 1st and 3rd, maybe giving back a 5th, seems reasonable, and would help this loser Jets franchise get some base pieces we need more than a luxury position we don't.  

We were a top 10 Defense with Adams.  What are we without him and just an average Safety instead? 15th?  Fine.

We were dead last in the NFL on Offense.  What are we with an extra 1st and 3rd to draft O-Line and WR with in addition to O-Line and WR with our own picks?  Better, thats what we are.  

Unless Douglas sucks at drafting.  Are the "don;t trade-Adams-the-picks-won't-be-worth-it" guys saying they already know Douglas sucks?   

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Here's the thing though.

If you believe that Dallas story (I don't btw)

I do.

, JD has already made it clear a 1st and a 3rd weren't enough to get Adams.

Correct.

Also, if Dallas WAS offering that, it was in hopes of making a playoff run this year.  This season is over however.

Also correct. 

Now Dallas can pick up their safety in FA or the draft. Hell, according to the guys here, they can get one in the 4th or 5th round who will give them the same production Adams does, LOL

But YOU clearly believe that view is incorrect, and that Adams is special, and makes a major difference.

So if YOU are right about that, then someone (not necc. Dallas) will also think Adams is that good, won't they?

And if so, and they need a Safety (like the Steelers last year), why wouldn't they offer a similar deal if the mighty All-Pro Adams can get them over a hump, move their needle, and win them games?  After all, don't YOU think Adams is that good, moves the needle, and wins games?

You can't have both ways either.  You cannot claim Adams is a major gamebreaker special player, then claim no one will want him.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

"why do the guys who keep saying all the crap about him in these various Adams threads, think that other teams will be so quick to give up more then a 1 and a 3 for him?"

Because I believe there are NFL Execs who, like so many here at JN, think Adams is great and makes a difference.

And to be clear, I don't "say crap" about him.  He's very good.  He simply plays a luxury position of minimal impact, in my view.  I value OL and WR > Safety.

His online talking is not my cup of tea, but irrelevant to my view on retain vs. trade.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We contended this season.

At 1-7 the Jets were eliminated from contention in every meaningful way.  

The Jets did not contend in 2019.

We will see what 2020 brings.

• Upvote 4

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company