TNJet

I Have a Feeling..

5 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Please everyone, share your random feelings.

SAR I

6 hours ago, TNJet said:

The feelings are wrong with this one. Hope you don't want to pay a franchise QB, LT, or RB anything more than peanuts because thats the amount of money we'll have left if we keep giving Jamal the money he thinks he's worth.

A locker-room leader is more important than a position player. If Jamal is the glue that held together this roster this broken season, he stays.  We haven’t had real locker room leadership in a decade.  And he’s an All Pro.  We can’t be having this conversation.  

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

tenor.gif

Yes, I’m the mental one because I don’t want to get rid of a new head coach, who had a remarkable 6-2 finish, and our only All Pro, who is also the only team leader.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CurtMart said:

You also feel Gase is an actual NFL HC. 

No, I feel he might be.  And that’s good enough right now.  He and Darnold took important steps in the second half of the season.  Both get an incomplete grade.

Millions of Jets fans are very excited right now. Find some joy. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Gun to my head, Jamal isn’t going anywhere 

How was Gregg Williams’ defense in the back half of the season?

There’s your answer.  

SAR I

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

Just as good if Jamal didnt play

Jets were 1-2 in the games that Jamal missed due to injury. 

We were 6-2 in that span. So 5-0 with Jamal, 1-2 without.  He sucks.  

SAR I

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

No I just can't wait for it to happen. We can finally have an offensive line again and compete in the playoffs since a fckin decade. Or we could keep captain big mouth and stay 6-10 next season.

We don’t need to lose our best player to improve the OL. The two are mutually exclusive. 

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Safeties. Investment gold. Amirite?

All Pro’s and team leaders are.  Yup. 

SAR I

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

If individual accomplishments are your thing, sure. Call me crazy, but I'd rather allocate resources in way that produces a contending team.

We contended this season. We had the second best record in the NFL the back half of the year. Build on that. I trust Douglas. Let’s see what he thinks and does. This is just silly fan noise.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Leader, schmeader.

Guy went crazy when he thought he was getting traded. Went on online and blasted his GM without talking to him first. Very leader-like. Truly something the rest of the 53man roster can look up to. What a way to set the example.

He turned on the entire organization publicly because he heard JD took a call!

He felt betrayed. Then he didn’t. And once that was cleared up we went 5-0 with him in the lineup. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

There's no scenario where you could say the Jets contended last season. I love the finish but when you start off 1 and 100 that's not contending.

1-7 followed by 6-2 with the injury situation getting worse, not better, is impressive.  Like you say, we have to love the finish and the effort. And that’s coaching. Good coaching. 

Not contending for a playoff spot; but contending in individual games. Competing at a high level when a team usually checks out.  I feel great about what I saw. Jamal was a big part of it. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

How did his teammates feel about him, how about a simple answer, he was voted team MVP by his teammates for the 2nd straight year.  

4.jpg

SAR I

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TNJet said:

Such great coaching that Gase allowed us to lose to the only 2 winless teams in the league with our starting QB. 2 vital, simple victories that should have made us a 9-7 team, and a possible wildcard.

Oh, so you're telling me that when we were sitting there at 1-6 you thought we were going to go on a 8-1 run? 

Show me that post. 

Because that's what beating the Bengals and Dolphins means.

SAR I

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Still wasn’t in actual contention. 7 losses is the maximum you usually can lose while still having an outside shot at the playoffs. We hit our maximum limit by mid season.

I didn't mean "playoff contention".  That went out the window in October.

I meant that we could hang in there with other NFL teams.  Which we did.  The team was 6-2 down the stretch.  Most had us only capable of winning 5 out of 16.  We won 6 out of 8.

SAR I

7 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

A team leader doesn't go over his head coach, but his GM also to whine to the owner. Refused to even talk to the head coach or the GM. He felt betrayed? What is this, kindergarten? This is a business and because the GM took a phone call from another team, this team leader, instead of talking to the GM, puts on a tantrum like a 5 year old. Like I said, if he loves this team so much, we will see how he deals with a new contract, if he accepts a reasonable and fair deal I would resign him. If he goes for the most money, then good riddance.

He was upset for a week.  Then spoke to management and learned the truth-  that the Jets were not shopping him.

Jamal then proceeded to not lose a single game he played in from that point forward, going 5-0.  That's what a leader does.  Channels his frustration into motivation.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

No I just expected to beat the 2 worst teams in the league.

Ah, so you expected to beat the Bengals and Dolphins

-and-

You expected to go no better than 6-2 after 1-7

-so-

You are of the belief that beating the Bengals and Dolphins would have been a better indicator of Gase doing a good job then beating the Raiders and Steelers.

That's some f-ed up logic right there.

SAR I

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company