Jump to content
TNJet

I Have a Feeling..

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Soon as he gets paid this board will immediately turn on him, sadly.

It hasn't already? People act like he's a serial rapist because they don't like his tweets.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Rants-Raves-Feelings

 

Great song...brings you back to your childhood.

Rare you hear it...got a smile when it was played all of a sudden in “Reservoir Dogs”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TNJet said:

The Jamal Adams trade will come right around draft time, picking up 2 high value picks or maybe more. It'll be a shot in the dark, but the right move for the better of this football team and I for one, can't wait.  Bring on that extra first and second round pick. Oline/wr success here we come! Go Jets! Bye bye twitter mouth!

Wait, he's overrated.

He doesn't play a position of importance

We'll get a 1 and 2 for him?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TNJet said:

The feelings are wrong with this one. Hope you don't want to pay a franchise QB, LT, or RB anything more than peanuts because thats the amount of money we'll have left if we keep giving Jamal the money he thinks he's worth.

A locker-room leader is more important than a position player. If Jamal is the glue that held together this roster this broken season, he stays.  We haven’t had real locker room leadership in a decade.  And he’s an All Pro.  We can’t be having this conversation.  

SAR I

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fair enough, but that was the rumoured compensation Dallas offered to Douglas that created the hubbub.
I'll be honest, I'd trade him for a 1st and SOMETHING of value, a player, a 4th, two 5th.  
But I appreciate that others hold him in MUCH higher regard than I do.  I think he is entirely surplus, and moving him will have almost effect on W/L.
What I'd do with a #1, for Sam, would.  And I think a #1 and something is entirely reasonable, see the Phins trade not so long ago.

I get it. But Trades at the deadline are very different than trades close to the draft. During the trade deadline teams are looking for that last piece that could help the season they are already fighting through. All without 500 college kids to gather from.

I read all about it at the time and wavered back and forth On whether it was worth it or not. I’m able to consider opposing view points. I’m not a barbarian. Or@Jetsfan80 Lol

My whole problem with the idea at this point is i view it as unrealistic and would not think letting Adams go for chump change would be the right thing. Just getting anything for him for the sake of it is foolhardy and history will frown on the move. John Riggins anyone?

So with that said I’m left with one thing. Do I have the money to pay him? My answer is yes. Especially with the core of our team being on rookie deals for the next half decade and Darnold for 3 more years.

It’s a no brainer to me. But I would answer every call. Just like our boy JD.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wait, he's overrated.

He doesn't play a position of importance

We'll get a 1 and 2 for him?

 

Yes big mouth hollywood sells...ask Baker and OBJ

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TNJet said:

The feelings are wrong with this one. Hope you don't want to pay a franchise QB, LT, or RB anything more than peanuts because thats the amount of money we'll have left if we keep giving Jamal the money he thinks he's worth.

You make it sound like all JD has to do is snap his fingers and then he'll get offers of a 1 and a2.

Then snap them again and he'll have two all pro players in place of one.

It sounds like a good plan, an easy one to turn a all pro player into multiples.  Its just not that simple and rarely works that way in the end.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Yes big mouth hollywood sells...ask Baker and OBJ

That you believe Adams, a team player, is the same as OBJ and Baker is part of the problem. 

Because nothing about Adams is negative, team wise the way those two are.  

  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You make it sound like all JD has to do is snap his fingers and then he'll get offers of a 1 and a2.

Then snap them again and he'll have two all pro players in place of one.

It sounds like a good plan, an easy one to turn a all pro player into multiples.  Its just not that simple and rarely works that way in the end.

 

Thanks.

I love the guys who go on and on about Adams.

They don't want to pay him

His position doesn't affect Ws and Ls

He's a big mouth etc etc

Then they say, "We can get a 1 and a 2 or 3 for this guy..." :rl:

Because yeah, every other GM out there is looking for a guy looking for a huge contract, plays saf… ahh you get the idea. These posters are the geniuses, and the NFL GMs are the idiots, I guess.

These Adams threads just never stop, and it's always the same nonsense, just a different day.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Thanks.

I love the guys who go on and on about Adams.

Thay don't want to pay him

His position doesn't affect Ws and Lx

He's a big mouth etc etc

Then they say, "We can get a 1 and a 2 or 3 for this guy..." Because yeah, every other GM out there is looking for a guy looking for a huge contract, plays saf… ahh you get the idea. My goodness, these Adams threads just never stop, and it's always the same nonsense, just a different day.

It's not rocket science tbh.

Teams one piece away vs. teams 20 pieces away.

An All-Pro Safety might just help a "one piece away" team get over a hump, especially if they need Defense and their QB, WR, RB, O-Line are in a good place.

An All-Pro Safety doesn't really move the needle on a team dead last in the NFL on Offense and who is generally uncompetitive in the league as a whole. 

The respective values these two types of teams might place on a strong safety pass rusher may clearly be different.

If we need an example look no further than Minkah Fitzpatrick, traded away by a bad team (Phins) to a team that thought it might be one player away (till their QB got broken).  Phins weren't a playoff competitor with Minkah, he didn't move that loser franchise's needle.  They got a 1st and a 5th for him, and Adams is better (so I keep hearing here by Adams fans).

So a 1st and 3rd, maybe giving back a 5th, seems reasonable, and would help this loser Jets franchise get some base pieces we need more than a luxury position we don't.  

We were a top 10 Defense with Adams.  What are we without him and just an average Safety instead? 15th?  Fine.

We were dead last in the NFL on Offense.  What are we with an extra 1st and 3rd to draft O-Line and WR with in addition to O-Line and WR with our own picks?  Better, thats what we are.  

Unless Douglas sucks at drafting.  Are the "don;t trade-Adams-the-picks-won't-be-worth-it" guys saying they already know Douglas sucks?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This place is gonna be lit when the Adams extension is announced.

Nah. It’ll just be a continuation of what we expect from this organization. Big mistake after big mistake. It’s actually the wrong thing to do, so it’ll be exactly what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SAR I said:

I have a feeling that Jamal Adams is getting a long-term contract and will retire as one of the most respected Jets of all time.

SAR I

You also feel Gase is an actual NFL HC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's not rocket science tbh.

Teams one piece away vs. teams 20 pieces away.

An All-Pro Safety might just help a "one piece away" team get over a hump, especially if they need Defense and their QB, WR, RB, O-Line are in a good place.

An All-Pro Safety doesn't really move the needle on a team dead last in the NFL on Offense and who is generally uncompetitive in the league as a whole. 

The respective values these two types of teams might place on a strong safety pass rusher may clearly be different.

If we need an example look no further than Minkah Fitzpatrick, traded away by a bad team (Phins) to a team that thought it might be one player away (till their QB got broken).  Phins weren't a playoff competitor with Minkah, he didn't move that loser franchise's needle.  They got a 1st and a 5th for him, and Adams is better (so I keep hearing here by Adams fans).

So a 1st and 3rd, maybe giving back a 5th, seems reasonable, and would help this loser Jets franchise get some base pieces we need more than a luxury position we don't.  

Here's the thing though.

If you believe that Dallas story (I don't btw), JD has already made it clear a 1st and a 3rd weren't enough to get Adams. Also, if Dallas WAS offering that, it was in hopes of making a playoff run this year. 

This season is over however. Now Dallas can pick up their safety in FA or the draft. Hell, according to the guys here, they can get one in the 4th or 5th round who will give them the same production Adams does, LOL

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Here's the thing though.

If you believe that Dallas story (I don't btw)

I do.

Quote

, JD has already made it clear a 1st and a 3rd weren't enough to get Adams.

Correct.

Quote

Also, if Dallas WAS offering that, it was in hopes of making a playoff run this year.  This season is over however.

Also correct. 

Quote

Now Dallas can pick up their safety in FA or the draft. Hell, according to the guys here, they can get one in the 4th or 5th round who will give them the same production Adams does, LOL

But YOU clearly believe that view is incorrect, and that Adams is special, and makes a major difference.

So if YOU are right about that, then someone (not necc. Dallas) will also think Adams is that good, won't they?

And if so, and they need a Safety (like the Steelers last year), why wouldn't they offer a similar deal if the mighty All-Pro Adams can get them over a hump, move their needle, and win them games?  After all, don't YOU think Adams is that good, moves the needle, and wins games?

You can't have both ways either.  You cannot claim Adams is a major gamebreaker special player, then claim no one will want him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I do.

Correct.

Also correct. 

But YOU clearly believe that view is incorrect, and that Adams is special, and makes a major difference.

So if YOU are right about that, then someone (not necc. Dallas) will also think Adams is that good, won't they?

And if so, and they need a Safety (like the Steelers last year), why wouldn't they offer a similar deal if the mighty All-Pro Adams can get them over a hump, move their needle, and win them games?  After all, don't YOU think Adams is that good, moves the needle, and wins games?

You can't have both ways either.  You cannot claim Adams is a major gamebreaker special player, then claim no one will want him.

Ah, but I never said I think "Adams is a major game breaker special" in this thread. 

What I said was "why do the guys who keep saying all the crap about him in these various Adams threads, think that other teams will be so quick to give up more then a 1 and a 3 for him?"

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW @Warfish

I respect your opinions here a lot, and we're usually in agreement on most issues. The only two I think we differ on is Gase, and what the Jets can get for Adams.

Here's what I think of Adams.

He's our best player by far. Would I like to keep him? Yes, but after his histrionics at the trade deadline, I then changed my view, and became open to a trade IF we could get a #1 pick plus at least a 3rd,

Where we differ here is I think you feel that's feasible. I do not.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Wait, he's overrated.

He doesn't play a position of importance

We'll get a 1 and 2 for him?

 

I wish.  But even the worst GMs/Owners know better than that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It hasn't already? People act like he's a serial rapist because they don't like his tweets.

Wow fake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TNJet said:

The Jamal Adams trade will come right around draft time, picking up 2 high value picks or maybe more. It'll be a shot in the dark, but the right move for the better of this football team and I for one, can't wait.  Bring on that extra first and second round pick. Oline/wr success here we come! Go Jets! Bye bye twitter mouth!

I have a feeling you have no life or are just too damn lazy to read the other 100 threads about this same thing. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TNJet said:

This mofo will demand the highest SS salary ever. I'd rather save some for a position of impact. 

Damn, you are the man. I mean such an original post. Who would have ever thought to bring up the position of importance argument in terms on Adams

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TNJet said:

The feelings are wrong with this one. Hope you don't want to pay a franchise QB, LT, or RB anything more than peanuts because thats the amount of money we'll have left if we keep giving Jamal the money he thinks he's worth.

Really, signing one player is going to eat up so much cap that we won't  be able to sign 3 others?

Someone get Tanny on the phone. We need a guy who can structure a deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks.
I love the guys who go on and on about Adams.
They don't want to pay him
His position doesn't affect Ws and Ls
He's a big mouth etc etc
Then they say, "We can get a 1 and a 2 or 3 for this guy..." :rl:
Because yeah, every other GM out there is looking for a guy looking for a huge contract, plays saf… ahh you get the idea. These posters are the geniuses, and the NFL GMs are the idiots, I guess.
These Adams threads just never stop, and it's always the same nonsense, just a different day.



Some GMs don’t understand market inefficiency.

All it takes is one of 31 GM’s to value Adams more for their team than we do to ours, and we can get a solid package of picks.

We need offense. Period. We’re not winning a title built around a SS.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This place is gonna be lit when the Adams extension is announced.

Huge implications either way on the entire offseason. To be quite honest I'm torn. I am literally 50/50 right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's look at an example regarding WINS & LOSSES. 

We can all agree that Darrell Revis was a top 5 CB. We traded him to a bad team & HE DIDNT MOVE THE NEEDLE in Tampa.

He went to a very good team & he won a Super Bowl with the Patriots, but let's be real, he was part of the reason but this same team WITHOUT HIM won another Super Bowl in 2018. 

So what do we learn from this exercise? If someone offers us a #1 & #3 for a f*cking safety, you pick up the phone & close the deal. The 2 Super Bowl combatants don't have Pro Bowl safeties. They have great QBs, very good Olines & Weapons galore. Jamal Adams is a f*cking SAFETY. Please. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

tenor.gif

Yes, I’m the mental one because I don’t want to get rid of a new head coach, who had a remarkable 6-2 finish, and our only All Pro, who is also the only team leader.  

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CurtMart said:

You also feel Gase is an actual NFL HC. 

No, I feel he might be.  And that’s good enough right now.  He and Darnold took important steps in the second half of the season.  Both get an incomplete grade.

Millions of Jets fans are very excited right now. Find some joy. 

SAR I

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Gun to my head, Jamal isn’t going anywhere 

How was Gregg Williams’ defense in the back half of the season?

There’s your answer.  

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Really, signing one player is going to eat up so much cap that we won't  be able to sign 3 others?

Someone get Tanny on the phone. We need a guy who can structure a deal. 

Yes, Adams is a big enough whore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How was Gregg Williams’ defense in the back half of the season?

There’s your answer.  

SAR I

Just as good if Jamal didnt play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Let's look at an example regarding WINS & LOSSES. 

We can all agree that Darrell Revis was a top 5 CB. We traded him to a bad team & HE DIDNT MOVE THE NEEDLE in Tampa.

He went to a very good team & he won a Super Bowl with the Patriots, but let's be real, he was part of the reason but this same team WITHOUT HIM won another Super Bowl in 2018. 

So what do we learn from this exercise? If someone offers us a #1 & #3 for a f*cking safety, you pick up the phone & close the deal. The 2 Super Bowl combatants don't have Pro Bowl safeties. They have great QBs, very good Olines & Weapons galore. Jamal Adams is a f*cking SAFETY. Please. 

Fckin post of the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I have a feeling you have no life or are just too damn lazy to read the other 100 threads about this same thing. 

No I just can't wait for it to happen. We can finally have an offensive line again and compete in the playoffs since a fckin decade. Or we could keep captain big mouth and stay 6-10 next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...